Jesus, I nearly met him

Started by Borchester, April 06, 2021, 04:23:31 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on April 07, 2021, 09:51:00 PM
Well true, but if I don't drink bottled water them I won't have the empties to carry my piddle up to the allotment to activate my compost heap.

There aren't many advantages  in the advancing years, but there still remains a quiet pleasure in being thoroughly disgusting  :) :)
Don't you light the fire pit Borchester and sit around it with your allotment chums and converse with your ancestors?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on April 07, 2021, 02:58:24 PM
Bottles of water? Bottles of water? What's wrong with tap water? I can't remember the last time I intentionally chose to drink bottled water, and I'm a leftie tree-hugging vegetarian!

Well true, but if I don't drink bottled water them I won't have the empties to carry my piddle up to the allotment to activate my compost heap.

There aren't many advantages  in the advancing years, but there still remains a quiet pleasure in being thoroughly disgusting  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 06, 2021, 10:21:25 PM
God, I know how this feels.

I have, over the past 15 years, degraded from swimming 800 yards into a surf fit for an old spice ad, grabbing an idiot who should have known better and returning him to Terra Firma, with minimal pulse and undetectable breathing, in less than 10 minutes total, opon which my associates resussed him enough to hand him on to paramedics, to having trouble just climbing  two steps up a stairwell and taking fifteen minutes to stop gasping for breath on reaching the top

Getting old is a right bastard.

Getting weak is not something I enjoyed.
Tell me about it,apart from the having to get up a couple of times in the night to pee I do jobs which take twice as long then everything aches and I'm knackered.

Wont even go on about the Duke of Argylls  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on April 06, 2021, 04:23:31 PMIt took me the better part of half an hour to get all the stuff inside and I damn near had a heart attack in the process. 

Bottles of water? Bottles of water? What's wrong with tap water? I can't remember the last time I intentionally chose to drink bottled water, and I'm a leftie tree-hugging vegetarian!
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

As a friend of mine says, "Getting old is not for wimps". So true.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

God, I know how this feels.

I have, over the past 15 years, degraded from swimming 800 yards into a surf fit for an old spice ad, grabbing an idiot who should have known better and returning him to Terra Firma, with minimal pulse and undetectable breathing, in less than 10 minutes total, opon which my associates resussed him enough to hand him on to paramedics, to having trouble just climbing  two steps up a stairwell and taking fifteen minutes to stop gasping for breath on reaching the top

Getting old is a right bastard.

Getting weak is not something I enjoyed.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Just had a delivery from the supermarket.

And it was bottles of water and fruit juice and coke and washing up liquid etc that weigh a ton and which I am happy to pay Joe Sainsbury fifty shillings to deliver.

Except that the delivery chap was a lass. She was young and fit and about the same height as my just teenage granddaughter. So when she asked if she could help me carry my groceries indoor I thanked her, chuckled in a kindly fashion and said that I thought I could manage.

I sodding well couldn't.

It took me the better part of half an hour to get all the stuff inside and I damn near had a heart attack in the process. 
Algerie Francais !