R.I.P. Prince Philip

Started by Barry, April 09, 2021, 12:16:57 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on April 09, 2021, 06:34:13 PM
99 is still a good run. once your DNA is damaged it is only a matter of time. Ask Borchester's bladder.

Don't mention my bladder. It is like having a tap with a worn out washer.

And 99 is for kids.Biz hundert un tsvantsig
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

My best Phillip quote has to be when he presented his passport at Aussie immigration and was asked if he had a criminal record

He replied '' I didnt know it was still compulsory''

Sheepy

99 is still a good run. once your DNA is damaged it is only a matter of time. Ask Borchester's bladder.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Apparently, on being told on a visit to Ghana that they have only 200 MPs he said something like,
"That's about the right number. We have 650 and most of them are a complete bloody waste of time."

What a legend
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on April 09, 2021, 02:52:27 PM
Bit of a grumpy old bugger, but he got on with the job at hand and didn't make a fuss.

He did make one interesting remark. He once said, in all sincerity, that it was ok being a royal and that he knew what he was getting into when he married, but it had really buggered up his career in the navy. :) :)
Wonder what he'll say at the pearly gates "Where's my transport?".......... "Bugger Off".............."You're  not related to that bastard Burrel are you"........."Chop Chop open those bloody gates what do you think we pay you for?"
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Bit of a grumpy old bugger, but he got on with the job at hand and didn't make a fuss.

He did make one interesting remark. He once said, in all sincerity, that it was ok being a royal and that he knew what he was getting into when he married, but it had really buggered up his career in the navy. :) :)

Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on April 09, 2021, 12:16:57 PM
He has passed away just a couple of months before his 100th birthday.
>:(
I put him in obituaries.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

He has passed away just a couple of months before his 100th birthday.
>:(
† The end is nigh †