Drug dealer executes police officer...

Started by DeppityDawg, April 11, 2021, 03:22:48 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on April 15, 2021, 09:25:39 AM
Isn't that always the case?
No because your table quotes arrest rate not conviction,in the cases of white killing black and vice vers it  is similar just over 7%,the number of blacks I would guess who kill blacks is down to gang related stuff.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 15, 2021, 09:13:54 AM
It looks like your post has been carefully ignored.

Isn't that always the case?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nick on April 12, 2021, 08:05:03 PM
I think the reason the Police are so twitchy around the black community in the US is due to the disproportionate number of murders committed by the black community. More than 50% for the whole country yet they only make up 13% of the population. Not sure how that translates into how likely you are to be murdered by a black parson compared to a white person but it must be significantly higher.

It looks like your post has been carefully ignored.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 14, 2021, 08:31:26 AM
From recent posts I know we are never going to agree on how we arrive at people dying in exchanges with the police in the US .

Whats happening in the States  is not normal , the volatile atmosphere and armed Police officers under stress is not a good mix.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-a-veteran-officer-could-mistake-a-glock-for-a-taser/ar-BB1fCBYt?ocid=uxbndlbing

The chances of ending up on the other end of the story like in the OP is on the increase , tensions are high ,but for me the most telling line in the above article is the last line from a professor and former police officer . ''Given the situation why make the stop at all ''

Why stop a car with expired plates ,why attempt to arrest a guy with an outstanding warrant ? ?    The Mayor was just as bad asking 'when will this stop' a question directed at the Police force that IMO should have been  directed at the mob .
No we probably wont,but when I read of one particular state where it takes twice as many weeks training to become a registered barber as it does a police officer,or how one retired police officer said this "there are many good police officers in the US,there is a small percentage of bad apples who continually get away with bad policing or if sacked go and join another police force down the road (it seems checks are few) there are almost 18000 Police agencies to move on to,all with different training and attitudes to the public" so for me SW that's the most telling,not that the majority of the cops are bad,or racist or that all people stopped black or white are innocents but that the Policing system is fragmented,there is often poor training and leadership and bad apples who remain in place......all those and the huge elephant in the room as Baz noted earlier "the right to bear arms".

Barry

Quote from: patman post on April 14, 2021, 10:20:57 AM
You're suggesting the police officer's intention was to calm the Black guy by offering him a banana?
That's worse than stereotyping — both Women and Black people...
You're terrible.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Barry on April 13, 2021, 10:54:21 AM
Or maybe she thought she'd taken a banana out of her lunch box, I've heard some rubbish excuses in my time....
You're suggesting the police officer's intention was to calm the Black guy by offering him a banana?
That's worse than stereotyping — both Women and Black people...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on April 13, 2021, 10:22:49 PM
Be trained sufficientlty to know the difference between a pistol and taser,I accept she messed up.....and badly.

From recent posts I know we are never going to agree on how we arrive at people dying in exchanges with the police in the US .

Whats happening in the States  is not normal , the volatile atmosphere and armed Police officers under stress is not a good mix.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-a-veteran-officer-could-mistake-a-glock-for-a-taser/ar-BB1fCBYt?ocid=uxbndlbing

The chances of ending up on the other end of the story like in the OP is on the increase , tensions are high ,but for me the most telling line in the above article is the last line from a professor and former police officer . ''Given the situation why make the stop at all ''

Why stop a car with expired plates ,why attempt to arrest a guy with an outstanding warrant ? ?    The Mayor was just as bad asking 'when will this stop' a question directed at the Police force that IMO should have been  directed at the mob .

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 13, 2021, 07:54:08 PM
The education of the public is more crap . When plod tells you to stand still , put your hands on your head or face down on the pavement thats what you should be doing . Pushing plod about , not taking any notice of whats being said and trying to get away is not going to end well .
This guys best case scenario was getting the Taser or maybe a more aggressive arrest but given recent history I suppose the taser was the safe option .
I wouldnt want to be a cop in America , they can't do right whatever action they take especially when government both local and national dont back them up .
[highlight]OK the girl messed up but what was she supposed to do[/highlight] , let the guy drive away ?

Be trained sufficientlty to know the difference between a pistol and taser,I accept she messed up.....and badly.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 13, 2021, 07:54:08 PM
The education of the public is more crap . When plod tells you to stand still , put your hands on your head or face down on the pavement thats what you should be doing . Pushing plod about , not taking any notice of whats being said and trying to get away is not going to end well .
This guys best case scenario was getting the Taser or maybe a more aggressive arrest but given recent history I suppose the taser was the safe option .
I wouldnt want to be a cop in America , they can't do right whatever action they take especially when government both local and national dont back them up .
OK the girl messed up but what was she supposed to do , let the guy drive away ?

Some copper points a Glock at me and I'm fairly sure I will comply with what they want.

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on April 13, 2021, 10:34:57 AM
And the young black guy killed in minnesota,well the facts are emerging,the policewoman thought she was holding her taser but wasn't and shot him,like I've said training looks crap.

I wouldnt want to be a cop in America , they cant do right whatever action they take especially when government both local and national dont back them up .
OK the girl messed up but what was she supposed to do , let the guy drive away ?

Barry

Or maybe she thought she'd taken a banana out of her lunch box, I've heard some rubbish excuses in my time....
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

And the young black guy killed in minnesota,well the facts are emerging,the policewoman thought she was holding her taser but wasn't and shot him,like I've said training looks crap.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on April 12, 2021, 08:12:01 PM
Don't really think black men of the cloth are the murderous type,still........ :)

You'd be surprised 😂

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on April 12, 2021, 08:05:03 PM
I think the reason the Police are so twitchy around the black community in the US is due to the disproportionate number of murders committed by the black community. More than 50% for the whole country yet they only make up 13% of the population. [highlight]Not sure how that translates into how likely you are to be murdered by a black parson [/highlight]compared to a white person but it must be significantly higher.
Don't really think black men of the cloth are the murderous type,still........ :)

Nick

I think the reason the Police are so twitchy around the black community in the US is due to the disproportionate number of murders committed by the black community. More than 50% for the whole country yet they only make up 13% of the population. Not sure how that translates into how likely you are to be murdered by a black parson compared to a white person but it must be significantly higher.