Drug dealer executes police officer...

Started by DeppityDawg, April 11, 2021, 03:22:48 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 15, 2021, 04:54:41 PM
::)

The figures are actually horrific Cromwell . USA population about 300million ,police officers 1 million .  Yet they are only 50% less likely to be murdered and as I say they are  the good guys (most of the time ) .

Maybe Im getting my wires crossed , Im on the Holsten , cheers .  ;)
Well out of that million this
QuoteThe Officer Down Memorial Page reports 343 deaths in the line of duty.[26] The leading cause of death for 2020 is COVID-19 at 222 deaths followed by gunfire at 45 deaths. The state with the largest amount of line of duty deaths is Texas with 73 followed by Georgia with 19. The U.S. Government had 25 line of duty deaths.
So one is too many but compared to joe public by percentage it is lower ,most of the deaths are by accident or covid and other non murderous assault.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

::)

The figures are actually horrific Cromwell . USA population about 300million ,police officers 1 million .  Yet they are only 50% less likely to be murdered and as I say they are  the good guys (most of the time ) .

Maybe Im getting my wires crossed , Im on the Holsten , cheers .  ;)

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 15, 2021, 03:25:20 PM
Thats a very high figure when you consider they are upholding the law .
What?
They are 50% less at risk of being killed than ordinary people and that's high?
You produced a link that even cites their training is poor and post another thread saying Derek Chauvin is innocent and within that thread more than a few posts say it's disgraceful that people assume his guilt of murder (I agree it is wrong) however just as wrong to assume his innocence.

I'll have a pint of what you're having. :)

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on April 15, 2021, 12:52:04 PM
Yes but we were told what a shit and dangerous job it is but the figures show that statistically they are 50% less at risk than an ordinary citizen.

Thats a very high figure when you consider they are upholding the law .

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on April 15, 2021, 02:14:35 PM
And the numbers of black inmates in prison is 100K more than white: even though the population is 7 times less.
That could be because of a propensity to jail more ethnics (it's not unknown) or they commit more crime or a mixture of both.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 15, 2021, 01:25:05 PM
...who thinks the Police should be replaced by Social Workers and the Teletubbies of course  :D

Anyway I'm bored. Terry has fecked off out on a job and Sta-C on a day off. I've got no one to argue with  :(

Here to help :P :P :P

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on April 15, 2021, 10:03:28 AM
No because your table quotes arrest rate not conviction,in the cases of white killing black and vice vers it  is similar just over 7%,the number of blacks I would guess who kill blacks is down to gang related stuff.

And the numbers of black inmates in prison is 100K more than white: even though the population is 7 times less.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on April 15, 2021, 12:57:49 PM
Or in other words everyone who doesn't agree with you is a handwringing liberal :P :)

...who thinks the Police should be replaced by Social Workers and the Teletubbies of course  :D

Anyway I'm bored. Terry has fecked off out on a job and Sta-C on a day off. I've got no one to argue with  :(

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 15, 2021, 11:39:09 AM
That info appears to come from an organisation called PNAS. They say "we estimate the risk blah blah blah...". So it's an "estimate" then?

Cool. I "estimate" I'm underpaid so I'll ask my boss for a raise. Should be a piece of cake.

Anyway, it appears it's pretty easy to get your paper published by PNAS. All you have to do is choose your own peer reviewers. But who would ever believe a load of liberals would "peer review" people who agree with them negatively. Maybe I should get some Nazis to review my posts  :D  :D  :D

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2008/08/28/pnas_read_it_or_not

In other words one person's truth is another man's bullshit

Or in other words everyone who doesn't agree with you is a handwringing liberal :P :)

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 15, 2021, 11:37:45 AM
Maybe thats because they are armed and get in first . As we saw with the poor guy with the truck stop though that is not always the case .
Yes but we were told what a shit and dangerous job it is but the figures show that statistically they are 50% less at risk than an ordinary citizen.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on April 15, 2021, 10:09:03 AM

That info appears to come from an organisation called PNAS. They say "we estimate the risk blah blah blah...". So it's an "estimate" then?

Cool. I "estimate" I'm underpaid so I'll ask my boss for a raise. Should be a piece of cake.

Anyway, it appears it's pretty easy to get your paper published by PNAS. All you have to do is choose your own peer reviewers. But who would ever believe a load of liberals would "peer review" people who agree with them negatively. Maybe I should get some Nazis to review my posts  :D  :D  :D

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2008/08/28/pnas_read_it_or_not

In other words one person's truth is another man's bullshit

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on April 15, 2021, 10:18:54 AM
The percentage of Police killed on duty is half that of the general population.

Maybe thats because they are armed and get in first . As we saw with the poor guy with the truck stop though that is not always the case .

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on April 15, 2021, 10:09:03 AM

I would say a graph showing what sections of the community are  un co-operative and non supportive of  their police force would be similar

cromwell

The percentage of Police killed on duty is half that of the general population.

cromwell