The Reverend Dr Nigel Dilkes

Started by Baron von Lotsov, November 23, 2019, 10:06:56 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7480 time=1574795110 user_id=74
This is the other way around.

1) If you wanted wanted a part for a Ford and asked at an Audi garage you would be turned away. Sorry Sir, we only do spares for Ford.

2) If you want to do yoga and turned up to a church you get turned away. Sorry Sir we only do activities compatible with Christians here.

The difference between one and two is that for one we think 'derrrrr, stupid me', and for two we think, the prime minister should intervene.

And yet the Christians I spoke with today at work said they thought that Dilkes has got it wrong.

So apparently Audi drivers think you should be able to get Ford Parts at an Audi garage  :shrg:
Don't believe everything you think.

Barry

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7480 time=1574795110 user_id=74

1) If you wanted wanted a part for a Ford and asked at an Audi garage you would be turned away. Sorry Sir, we only do spares for Ford.

2) If you want to do yoga and turned up to a church you get turned away. Sorry Sir we only do activities compatible with Christians here.

The difference between one and two is that for one we think 'derrrrr, stupid me', and for two we think, the prime minister should intervene.

Good analogy.  :hattip
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=7439 time=1574777269 user_id=99
Good.

It is very helpful to atheist groups when the religious types get very concerned about something which should raise no concern. More of this please.

<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Nalaar

Good.

It is very helpful to atheist groups when the religious types get very concerned about something which should raise no concern. More of this please.
Don't believe everything you think.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: T00ts post_id=7264 time=1574625555 user_id=54
What do you mean 'he was not establishment'?

Well the establishment were pagans and worshipped Jupiter, just as our EU does.

Jesus was an outsider viewed with suspicion. As we know he pushed the line of what was acceptable in a pagan society. This is why he was so great, because he had the biggest balls of the lot, and would tell anyone to their face that they were wrong when they were. He never lied. He told them what was wrong and told them how to put it right, because he loved everyone and knew the only way to avoid hell was the way he knew was right in an absolutest way. He never fudged his words, and of course it was this power that he had that  the establishment feared. They acted like the Americans, like shoot first, think later. That later actually came with st Augustine.

T00ts

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7263 time=1574625391 user_id=74
I agree if we remove the simply bit. Faced with the situation of say a Muslim coming up to Jesus, or for that matter anyone who did not believe in God, he would set about showing them the way. Now with Jesus, he was not establishment, so he did not have a great church to teach from, but he did have his groups, and they were very popular with the locals. A Muslim would have been invited to the group to hear his teachings, and with love. That's what his approach was, even with tax inspectors!

What do you mean 'he was not establishment'?

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: T00ts post_id=7258 time=1574623320 user_id=54
No, he simply loved all and asked us to do the same. Love the sinner but not the sin. I wonder if you can show a bible quote to uphold this man's point of view? It might be helpful.

I agree if we remove the simply bit. Faced with the situation of say a Muslim coming up to Jesus, or for that matter anyone who did not believe in God, he would set about showing them the way. Now with Jesus, he was not establishment, so he did not have a great church to teach from, but he did have his groups, and they were very popular with the locals. A Muslim would have been invited to the group to hear his teachings, and with love. That's what his approach was, even with tax inspectors!

T00ts

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7254 time=1574621871 user_id=74
It's nothing to do with translation. The "female vicar" has got it wrong, and the teacher is saying, two wrongs make a right.

To avoid these mental gymnastics The Reverend Dr Nigel Dilkes has put in the work and study to get it right from the word go, and hence he remains consistent, and his bishops and others higher up in the church hierarchy are backing him, because he has done the right thing, and bishops are learned people, so they know.

As for the mass media, well they show their ignorance. This chap is setting an example to follow, which is just how Jesus worked. Jesus never comprised the word of God. He would never do something like teach yoga in his spare time for extra cash.

No, he simply loved all and asked us to do the same. Love the sinner but not the sin. I wonder if you can show a bible quote to uphold this man's point of view? It might be helpful.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: T00ts post_id=7250 time=1574619385 user_id=54
Wriggle? More assumptions. Your logic is I feel a little warped, but it matters little. If we all translated the bible in the same way there would be nothing to question.

It's nothing to do with translation. The "female vicar" has got it wrong, and the teacher is saying, two wrongs make a right.

To avoid these mental gymnastics The Reverend Dr Nigel Dilkes has put in the work and study to get it right from the word go, and hence he remains consistent, and his bishops and others higher up in the church hierarchy are backing him, because he has done the right thing, and bishops are learned people, so they know.

As for the mass media, well they show their ignorance. This chap is setting an example to follow, which is just how Jesus worked. Jesus never comprised the word of God. He would never do something like teach yoga in his spare time for extra cash.

T00ts

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7247 time=1574618808 user_id=74
Well they are based on logic.

I just wondered how you were going to wriggle out of it, lol.

Edit: You weren't that "female vicar" in the yoga group were you?

Wriggle? More assumptions. Your logic is I feel a little warped, but it matters little. If we all translated the bible in the same way there would be nothing to question.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: T00ts post_id=7235 time=1574614130 user_id=54
Good grief so many assumptions here.

Well they are based on logic.

I just wondered how you were going to wriggle out of it, lol.

Edit: You weren't that "female vicar" in the yoga group were you?

T00ts

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7233 time=1574613685 user_id=74
You have not read the whole bible where this man looks like he may well have done. Therefore he would be able to guide you to righteousness better than you can yourself, and this is why he is valuable in today's society, with all of its mystery Babylon worship.

Good grief so many assumptions here.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: cromwell post_id=7198 time=1574592717 user_id=48
Well this renting out the church hall seems to me to be a business activity in that a service is provided (the use of a church hall) in much the same way that celebratory cake making is,birthday, marriage of two gay people perhaps.

I always thought the cake thing was handled badly but in this instance it really does not reflect well on this person.

When you go into business you should not be forced to work for people you do not want to work for. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a a fascist and believes in tyranny. It is not the British way, and I stand by the view it should never be the British way.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: T00ts post_id=7193 time=1574587605 user_id=54
There are two arguments here. I don't do Yoga but I understand that most exercise classes using this are not anti Christian, they are often Spiritual in the sense that people connect to their Spiritual being but are not a form of worship.

I think we can be too judgemental and too 'cloistered'. Would this same Church forbid a Muslim community the chance to worship if their Mosque burned down and they needed a temporary home? Surely true Christianity lives cheek by jowl with all the others, not agreeing perhaps but loving their neighbour. It is only the Church hall after all.

You have not read the whole bible where this man looks like he may well have done. Therefore he would be able to guide you to righteousness better than you can yourself, and this is why he is valuable in today's society, with all of its mystery Babylon worship.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=7212 time=1574603183 user_id=51
No and no I think.

That's a no again. If he wants to stick by Biblical principles, which most church leaders don't seem to care these days.

That's not the type of Christian thought I understand.  :cry: