BBC Royal Death coverage criticised

Started by patman post, April 12, 2021, 04:19:27 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

I did hear that the 41 gun salute in portsmouth could be heard in France and President Macron rang Boris to surrender,just in case. :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 12, 2021, 08:32:41 PM
A couple of things come to mind. Firstly, it is obvious that the BBC audience of 2021 is rather different from that of 1951.

Secondly, as this forums second or third most reluctant royalist, I'm somewhere near Borchesters's point of view, if slightly less enthusiastic.

However, it has come to my attention that on more than one occasion the sodding BBC has the exact same programme on Freeview BBC1 BBC2 BBC News AND BBC4. This takes the effing piss.

I am with you there John. I don't have a license and just download whatever I want from Pirate Bay or similar. The trouble is that l have not found much worth pinching since Ruth Goodman's Tales from the Green Valley series, so attempts to shaft the BBC are now somewhat limited.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

A couple of things come to mind. Firstly, it is obvious that the BBC audience of 2021 is rather different from that of 1951.

Secondly, as this forums second or third most reluctant royalist, I'm somewhere near Borchesters's point of view, if slightly less enthusiastic.

However, it has come to my attention that on more than one occasion the sodding BBC has the exact same programme on Freeview BBC1 BBC2 BBC News AND BBC4. This takes the effing piss.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

The BBC is shite at almost  everything they do ,why make an exception during the Royals mourning .

Borchester

He was a grumpy old sod but he did his bit by the country, so if his hearse comes anywhere near my place I will bow my head for a couple of seconds.

I am not that bothered what the BBC gets up to. As far as I am concerned Auntie died years ago.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

BBC viewing figures plunged after shelving TV schedule for wall-to-wall Prince Philip coverage  The BBC's TV channels suffered from a major ratings tumble, after hours of coverage of the royal death led some viewers to switch off
The BBC is dealing with a raft of complaints about the length of its coverage of the death of Prince Philip and the decision by executives to drop its schedule – leading to a drop in audience figures.
Programming was interrupted across the coprporation's TV and radio channels after Buckingham Palace announced the Duke of Edinburgh's death on Friday.
https://inews.co.uk/news/media/bbc-viewing-figures-plunged-shelving-tv-schedule-prince-philip-coverage-951935
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56703437

Seems like the BBC can't get it right — some comments claim this was OTT and more like living in North Korea than the UK. I guess whatever the corporation did would have been wrong for some people.
Personally, because BBC radio stations all seemed to be broadcasting Radio 4, I shifted radio listening to Times Radio — it covered Prince Philip's death fairly extensively, but no more than could be reasonably expected for what many consider to be the pinnacle of UK journalism...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...