Warning. Idealism is going to cost you dearly.

Started by DeppityDawg, April 12, 2021, 07:53:45 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on April 17, 2021, 11:42:14 AM
Not sure john.

Apart from bitter twisted old liberals like hyper quack quack , who would rather see everyone crash and burn so they get their way , i think there is a growing realisation across parts of the uk that if the uk does go crawling back to rejoin the EU  , then it is going to lose some helluva face on the world stage and look extremely weak .

That wont stop many trying of course , and if labour got into power , i suspect the uk would be taken back in by stealth , in some slow gradual tying of the uk to eu rules and regualtions without the fanfare of immediate rejoining in the ususal slippery labour party way.

The uk in that scenario would be the laughing stock of the world , and it would be the final confirmation of how far you had fallen and how powerfull the EU is .After that , the stage would then be set for the replacement of the uk on the UN security council  , say UK and France going and the EU and maybe India replaceing them.

Then the gradual transfer of more and more powers from national governments across europe to brussells, EU armed forces etc.

Who would stop them? One of the most powerfull states on the european continent had just went crawling back begging for forgiveness , the EU would be smiling like a cheshire cat and given the green light to more integration and centralised control from brussells.

So im not sure the "young" are the great hope europhiles think they are for rejoining.

Ooh are you sure you want us at the big table?
https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/greta-thunberg-biden-emissions-earth-day-b1835759.html
Feck knows how they learnt that one. The gist being Greta has learnt it is all pie in the sky bullshit relying on science that doesn't exist and open cheques.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 17, 2021, 09:53:09 AM

Yes, I saw the significance of the larger number.

But the smaller, especially if applied solely UK wide, would give one hell of a boost to the deatherendum rejoiner campaign.

Not sure john.

Apart from bitter twisted old liberals like hyper quack quack , who would rather see everyone crash and burn so they get their way , i think there is a growing realisation across parts of the uk that if the uk does go crawling back to rejoin the EU  , then it is going to lose some helluva face on the world stage and look extremely weak .

That wont stop many trying of course , and if labour got into power , i suspect the uk would be taken back in by stealth , in some slow gradual tying of the uk to eu rules and regualtions without the fanfare of immediate rejoining in the ususal slippery labour party way.

The uk in that scenario would be the laughing stock of the world , and it would be the final confirmation of how far you had fallen and how powerfull the EU is .After that , the stage would then be set for the replacement of the uk on the UN security council  , say UK and France going and the EU and maybe India replaceing them.

Then the gradual transfer of more and more powers from national governments across europe to brussells, EU armed forces etc.

Who would stop them? One of the most powerfull states on the european continent had just went crawling back begging for forgiveness , the EU would be smiling like a cheshire cat and given the green light to more integration and centralised control from brussells.

So im not sure the "young" are the great hope europhiles think they are for rejoining.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on April 16, 2021, 08:15:20 AM
He didnt say 6-7 million. He said 6-7 billion , with reference to the worlds population in a sarcastic dig at greta regarding the fact she wont be happy till the human race is wiped off the face of the earth to achieve her ideals.

Yes, I saw the significance of the larger number.

But the smaller, especially if applied solely UK wide, would give one hell of a boost to the deatherendum rejoiner campaign.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on April 15, 2021, 12:16:46 PM
Nothing pleases teenage girls. The best thing to do is find her nice medical student to cheer her up and give her a couple of kids.

Given that most teenage girls PARENTS view medical and indeed most life science students as having "decent prospects", most of us are shagged and nabbed by something far more attractive than this Cardigan Wearing Tree Hugger ....

Yes, I speak from experience of the receiving end in my youth and of my shame at seeing how well my eldest was getting on with the medical student tasked with shadowing dad's terminal illness, for at his wake, I looked over at the two of them and thought "nice enough lad, good prospects ...."

Sadly madam had other ideas later....

So I fear Greta will have to make do with some third class pass political studies "graduate" with a whopping student debt.

But the thought of the sight of the two of them treading the streets of the crumbled red wall constituencies trying to persuade the few who still have jobs in their fuel-free future to vote for her or her other half and keep them in their well insulated Nobel prize funded luxury is a thought that shall make me howl with laughter all the way into and beyond the grave to come . .
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on April 15, 2021, 11:53:51 AM
So who's volunteering to be included in this 6-7 million UK population cull?

He didnt say 6-7 million. He said 6-7 billion , with reference to the worlds population in a sarcastic dig at greta regarding the fact she wont be happy till the human race is wiped off the face of the earth to achieve her ideals.

FFS quackers , the few times you do actually address someones post on this forum instead of posting a dear diary entry , you dont half make a tit of yourself.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: B-4 on April 14, 2021, 09:01:52 AM
If we exterminated 6-7 billion people then we could all probably sustain a quality of life whilst pleasing her. 

If everyone ate 10% less, drove their cars 10% less, used 10% less electricity in their homes and cut their visiting of entertainment venues by 10% (in normal times), then that would have the same effect as the 10% cull.
I would imagine volunteers won't be required and the old boy network are probably praying for Vlad to invade Donbas under the guise it will be for the greater good.

Sampanviking

We are told that we are a Free and Democratic country, but have we been given any option on these proposed very major changes?
Have we been asked, have we had a chance to debate, or vote? Have we been given a referendum? Is there even pressure to try to hold one?

Borchester

If everyone ate 10% less, drove their cars 10% less, used 10% less electricity in their homes and cut their visiting of entertainment venues by 10% (in normal times), then that would have the same effect as the 10% cull.

Nothing pleases teenage girls. The best thing to do is find her nice medical student to cheer her up and give her a couple of kids.
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

B-4

If we exterminated 6-7 billion people then we could all probably sustain a quality of life whilst pleasing her. 

Sheepy

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 12, 2021, 07:53:45 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/after-setting-ambitious-climate-goals-a-liberal-md-suburb-struggles-to-take-action/ar-BB1fzanX?ocid=msedgntp

Its just on a small scale at the moment, but setting out grandiose "Greta Thunburg" inspired climate targets with no real plan on how to achieve them was lunacy - who'd have thunk it, eh?

Remind you of any "pledges" made this side of the pond perhaps? All electric cars and infrastructure and zero emissions by a week next Thursday? Sounds great when these pledges are made, but in the end when popular idealism meets brutal reality, its always the same result. Messy compromises, massive overspending, unforeseen consequences and a result far from what was promised

It won't matter to those that made them of course, because by the time these pledges end up failing to deliver, they'll be long gone. Unfortunately, it will be you whose quality of life will be impacted by the likes of shit cars and cold houses, and its you who will ultimately end up footing the bill

Still, if some terminally miserable teenage Girl said we must do, then I suppose we'd better get on with it.

One thing for sure, you won't be changing their minds, just because there is no infrastructure in place or 90% of what they want hasn't even been invented, they are on a mission with a very large following, any pitfalls are their own.

DeppityDawg

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/after-setting-ambitious-climate-goals-a-liberal-md-suburb-struggles-to-take-action/ar-BB1fzanX?ocid=msedgntp

Its just on a small scale at the moment, but setting out grandiose "Greta Thunburg" inspired climate targets with no real plan on how to achieve them was lunacy - who'd have thunk it, eh?

QuoteIn a 2020 Brookings report titled "Pledges and Progress," researchers found that of 45 major cities that have established ambitious climate goals in the past three decades, two-thirds are not on track to achieve them. Some aren't even tracking their own progress through regular emissions inventories.

Remind you of any "pledges" made this side of the pond perhaps? All electric cars and infrastructure and zero emissions by a week next Thursday? Sounds great when these pledges are made, but in the end when popular idealism meets brutal reality, its always the same result. Messy compromises, massive overspending, unforeseen consequences and a result far from what was promised

It won't matter to those that made them of course, because by the time these pledges end up failing to deliver, they'll be long gone. Unfortunately, it will be you whose quality of life will be impacted by the likes of shit cars and cold houses, and its you who will ultimately end up footing the bill

Still, if some terminally miserable teenage Girl said we must do, then I suppose we'd better get on with it.