What does everyone do for a living?

Started by Borchester, April 20, 2021, 10:53:19 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on April 21, 2021, 07:08:29 PM
Still work, though it's not for the money as tad over £2 an hour all legal though it's for a worthwhile effort.
That's £2 an hour more than we get for modding this forum!
But then we don't do that for the money either. ;)
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Still work,though it's not for the money as tad over £2 an hour all legal though it's for a worthwhile effort.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 21, 2021, 03:35:37 PM
As it happens Ive got a few gallons of Magnolia knocking about in the stores if your interested  ;)  The roof seems a long time in the making though Borky . Maybe a few rockets in a certain  direction wouldn't have gone a miss .

But hey ho alls well that ends well

Actually, they are good lads. It is just that the weather was pretty crap, we got a good price so when anything better turned up they disappeared and probably most of all, we have known them for years, so they are getting on a bit. Sometimes I wondered if they were repairing the roof or shooting an episode of Dad's Army.

Anyway, they have finished. Sort of  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on April 21, 2021, 01:01:41 PM
Talking of which, the lads have just finished the roof! It was a two week job that started in August and ended this morning. Sort of. They still have the house to paint.  :)

As it happens Ive got a few gallons of Magnolia knocking about in the stores if your interested  ;)  The roof seems a long time in the making though Borky . Maybe a few rockets in a certain  direction wouldn't have gone a miss .

But hey ho alls well that ends well

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 20, 2021, 06:58:23 PM
As most of you know Im a Brickie .

After many years in construction , running my own shite , shop steward , foreman ,site management and enticer of men to the pub   .
These days though Im happier just working along with the lads  , keeps me fit, and sane .

Talking of which, the lads have just finished the roof! It was a two week job that started in August and ended this morning. Sort of. They still have the house to paint.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 20, 2021, 12:56:38 PM
Well...that's your cover story anyway....Dimitri......  :D  :D  :D
LOL I don't think Sampan will need to register, but George Galloway ain't so happy about it.
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/521620-galloway-foreign-agent-register/
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

I run my own business, Software Engineering. Only another 12 years then I'm done.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

As most of you know Im a Brickie .

After many years in construction , running my own shite , shop steward , foreman ,site management and enticer of men to the pub   .
These days though Im happier just working along with the lads  , keeps me fit, and sane .

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on April 20, 2021, 10:53:19 AM
I do nothing. I am retired so the government pays me to stay alive, which strikes me as a pretty good deal.

How about the rest of you?

Still working.

Right now, if you buy pretty much any item of household furniture on interest free credit, you'll end up a record in my newest employers database....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Sampanviking on April 20, 2021, 11:26:10 AM
Hmm well I am still working for a living.
I run a small Letting Agency that I set up nearly 15 years ago, I have been in the property sector for quite a bit longer.

Well...that's your cover story anyway....Dimitri......  :D  :D  :D

Sampanviking

Hmm well I am still working for a living.
I run a small Letting Agency that I set up nearly 15 years ago, I have been in the property sector for quite a bit longer.

Barry

I'm doing my best to spend that pension which srb so kindly thinks he provides for us old 'uns.  Butt Kick
I'm really an unpaid gardener, child minder, personal shopper, plumber, electrician, landscape gardener/builder, paver, and general repair man. Loving every minute of it and still putting a couple of quid away towards my old age.  Dancing
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

I do nothing. I am retired so the government pays me to stay alive, which strikes me as a pretty good deal.

How about the rest of you?
Algerie Francais !