Social Media FB Twitter censoring too much

Started by Barry, April 20, 2021, 02:43:48 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on April 20, 2021, 02:43:48 PM
I know we have a choice as to whether we use such platforms, however, when using Twitter there is a section after many posts have been displayed, which show posts which may have offensive content.

I don't know where they get their algorithms but they censor anything which go against the government coronavirus narrative, even if it is a common sense argument without any profanity.

Yesterday, Facebook blocked a URL to a Daily Mail story, as FB users saw a notice saying "Unable to link to this content".

They will author their own downfall. Are these platforms an exchange of views or not?
Dunno, maybe a word with Nick clegg might help he seems to be the global moderator. Who knows how he got that job, another mystery perhaps.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

I know we have a choice as to whether we use such platforms, however, when using Twitter there is a section after many posts have been displayed, which show posts which may have offensive content.

I don't know where they get their algorithms but they censor anything which go against the government coronavirus narrative, even if it is a common sense argument without any profanity.

Yesterday, Facebook blocked a URL to a Daily Mail story, as FB users saw a notice saying "Unable to link to this content".

They will author their own downfall. Are these platforms an exchange of views or not?
† The end is nigh †