George Floyd: Chauvin conviction a giant step forward, says Biden

Started by Borchester, April 21, 2021, 01:50:23 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on April 24, 2021, 07:34:10 PM
Don't worry, Cromwell, the courts in America agree you are right, you're wasting your fingers on the keyboard.
He's so so guilty.

And it's a giant step forward.  ::)
well he is IMO but not of murder.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Don't worry, Cromwell, the courts in America agree you are right, you're wasting your fingers on the keyboard.
He's so so guilty.

And it's a giant step forward.  ::)
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 24, 2021, 09:14:02 AM
The point that I and I believe SW was trying to make is the divisive politics behind all this. Apparently, some US basketball star (Le Bron James) posted something on social media to the effect that the officer responsible for shooting the girl "was next" (to be jailed). He then deleted it, claiming his words were being used to stir up hate, when it was clear his words doing nothing but promote hate before there's even been a chance to investigate this case. BLM are as usual all over it, and its the same victim narrative. "Murder" and "brutality" being thrown around when the body cam footage alone shows no such thing

This girl had already attacked one other girl (though it isnt clear if she was stabbed). She then traps another girl against a car, and with a knife in her hand, clearly swings back her arm with the intention of striking. All the while the officer has shouted repeated warnings which she ignores. He opens fires at that point.

Take the race out of it. It doesn't matter what colour the suspect or the officer were, in that situation someones life is at risk. Say the knife struck the heart or other vital organ or major artery? Say the suspects victim had died? What would BLMs narrative be then? This is all utter bullshit Cromwell. No one, no matter what the colour of their skin, is above the law - if you threaten someones life in front of an armed officer like this, what the feck do BLM expect to happen?

This is not simply about policing anymore, its about a divisive political agenda. This is what was repeatedly pointed out during the Chauvin thread. If charges are bought against this officer, then others will hesitate to intervene in any risk situation in future. At the very least they will desert the force in huge numbers. And you have to ask yourself what is the real motivation behind that.
This example though has nothing to do with Chauvin IMO,I'm not going over all that again other than this is very different,he was a threat to no one,she was active and danger to  others lives the fact she lost hers lays at her door and nobody else's.

Sampanviking

Last week there was a lot of fuss about a 13 year old Latino boy who was shot dead by Police.
It occurred in the early hours of a Saturday morning, when an officer challenged him for holding a gun and then chasing him into an alleyway after the boy legged it.
The biggest fuss was about the video showing that he had dropped the gun, before he was shot.
The Media circus that followed contained the same old recipe of victimhood and suspect deification.
The one thing missing to my mind, is why nobody asked anyone, especially the outraged and vocal family, was why was a 13 year old boy out in the middle of the night, wandering the streets with a gun!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on April 23, 2021, 10:09:51 PM
I briefly caught this on tv in passing......wasn't watching but heard.

If what I heard is correct that this girl ran at another person wielding a blade and was shot dead by a cop?
If so then it was perfectly correct IMO,whilst it might be sad for anyone to lose their life if you threaten another's and lose yours I have no sympathy and there should be no comeback whatsoever.

The point that I and I believe SW was trying to make is the divisive politics behind all this. Apparently, some US basketball star (Le Bron James) posted something on social media to the effect that the officer responsible for shooting the girl "was next" (to be jailed). He then deleted it, claiming his words were being used to stir up hate, when it was clear his words doing nothing but promote hate before there's even been a chance to investigate this case. BLM are as usual all over it, and its the same victim narrative. "Murder" and "brutality" being thrown around when the body cam footage alone shows no such thing

This girl had already attacked one other girl (though it isnt clear if she was stabbed). She then traps another girl against a car, and with a knife in her hand, clearly swings back her arm with the intention of striking. All the while the officer has shouted repeated warnings which she ignores. He opens fires at that point.

Take the race out of it. It doesn't matter what colour the suspect or the officer were, in that situation someones life is at risk. Say the knife struck the heart or other vital organ or major artery? Say the suspects victim had died? What would BLMs narrative be then? This is all utter bullshit Cromwell. No one, no matter what the colour of their skin, is above the law - if you threaten someones life in front of an armed officer like this, what the feck do BLM expect to happen?

This is not simply about policing anymore, its about a divisive political agenda. This is what was repeatedly pointed out during the Chauvin thread. If charges are bought against this officer, then others will hesitate to intervene in any risk situation in future. At the very least they will desert the force in huge numbers. And you have to ask yourself what is the real motivation behind that.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 23, 2021, 07:04:50 AM
Worse than that Streetwalker. The inevitable accusations of "police brutality" following the shooting of a teenage girl in Ohio are now pouring out from the BLM Circus. Her family are now coming out with the usual superlatives, eg "she was a sweet girl" and she "wouldn't hurt a fly" etc. Well...she might stab a few people every so often, but she wouldn't hurt a fly  ::)

Meanwhile the officer has been named, and the attempts to turn this into another "brutal murder of an innocent black girl" have begun.
I briefly caught this on tv in passing......wasn't watching but heard.

If what I heard is correct that this girl ran at another person wielding a blade and was shot dead by a cop?
If so then it was perfectly correct IMO,whilst it might be sad for anyone to lose their life if you threaten another's and lose yours I have no sympathy and there should be no comeback whatsoever.

Sheepy

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 23, 2021, 07:04:50 AM
Worse than that Streetwalker. The inevitable accusations of "police brutality" following the shooting of a teenage girl in Ohio are now pouring out from the BLM Circus. Her family are now coming out with the usual superlatives, eg "she was a sweet girl" and she "wouldn't hurt a fly" etc. Well...she might stab a few people every so often, but she wouldn't hurt a fly  ::)

Meanwhile the officer has been named, and the attempts to turn this into another "brutal murder of an innocent black girl" have begun.
But then DC will hand them as many scapegoats as required as long as it doesn't bring them crashing down, while they look for ways of saving Capitol hill and return to business as usual. I guess the biggest problem is both sides are saying the last thing they actually want is business as usual.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

DeppityDawg

Streetwalker

And next up to be handed to the will and 'justice' of the BLM mob will be Kim Potter (taser cop) .  With the blessing of the City council ,various government figures and the president of the United States  , guilty .

Borchester

Algerie Francais !