Human / Monkey chimera created in China

Started by Barry, April 22, 2021, 05:18:40 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: Sampanviking on April 24, 2021, 10:03:00 AM
Guess the world was far more simple to understand when it was still flat.
I think you might be cofusing thinking, ethical people with flat earthers. Even the Bible says the Earth is round.
QuoteNice to see FLG bs still being regurgitated as fact.
I'd respond to that if I knew what it meant.

Quote from: cromwell on April 24, 2021, 07:00:04 PM
I remember a piece on this sort of thing, widespread condemnation of the Nazi experiments on people in the camps, secretly science discussing how useful they found so much of the research.

I've always thought that nature/God whatever you believe in would extract its revenge and mankind disappear off the face of this earth.
Mankind WILL disappear off the face of the Earth and there will be a new Heaven and Earth, but it has little to do with the unethical creation of human cross breeds with monkeys.
Just because something has become possible does not make it desirable.

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

I remember a piece on this sort of thing,widespread condemnation of the Nazi experiments on people in the camps,secretly science discussing how useful they found so much of the research.

I've always thought that nature/God whatever you believe in would extract its revenge and mankind disappear off the face of this earth.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Guess the world was far more simple to understand when it was still flat. Nice to see FLG bs still being regurgitated as fact.

B-4

Ethical arguments are a waste of time on these people. They harvest organs from the poor.  People are killed by the regime just so their organs can be ripped out. It is happening right now.

patman post

The cat was out of the bag years ago. International agreements condemning such experimentation won't stop anything — whether it's designer babies for the rich, harvesting genetic material and organs for medical use, or simply renegade Frankenstein-type research.
There's some positive use human/animal gene mixing can achieve (eg, diphtheria, smallpox, diabetes), but engineering creatures to see where it leads is unnerving...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

https://english.elpais.com/usa/2021-04-21/international-team-of-researchers-creates-132-human-monkey-embryos-in-china.html

The main research person, Juan Carlos Izpisúa, is a Spaniard, hence the El País link.

I thought the ethics committees of several countries had already decided against this sort of research. The excuse for this is to create the environment through a human/pig chimera to grow organs for transplant.

I wonder if the reason this is done in China is to keep away from civilised people who might think this is highly unethical and even dangerous to mankind. As raised by PP about viruses crossing species, we make it one step less by creating a half way house?

What about spiritual ethical questions, as to whether the life of these monsters have souls?
† The end is nigh †