I was just reading how actions have consequences - Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Started by Sheepy, April 26, 2021, 04:26:56 PM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2021, 06:34:34 PM
You need to be more specific.  The SAS (or rather rogue elements of it,) carried out successful prisoner rescue mission in Iraq in September 2005.
:D:D:D Which was two years after Western forces invaded and occupied the place! :D:D:D

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 12, 2021, 06:22:36 PM
What makes you think they would fare any better in Iran than they fared against Saddam in Iraq?
You need to be more specific.  The SAS (or rather rogue elements of it,) carried out successful prisoner rescue mission in Iraq in September 2005.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2021, 05:44:14 PM
Really? Has the SAS ever been involved?
What makes you think they would fare any better in Iran than they fared against Saddam in Iraq?

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 12, 2021, 04:39:06 PM
Iran and special forces rescue missions do not have a happy history.........
Really? Has the SAS ever been involved? 

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2021, 04:14:11 PM
The Iranians will not recognise her British nationality. They are treating her as an Iranian dissident.
Talk of the SAS will just have her moved to prison again.
Barry my personal opinion with not start an operational feasibility study at the SAS HQ, however the situation was exacerbated by Bojo-The-Clowns incompetence. So he should grow a pair and try and put matters right.

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2021, 12:31:41 PM
This situation seems to have needed an SAS operation to solve it for sometime now.
Iran and special forces rescue missions do not have a happy history.........

Barry

The Iranians will not recognise her British nationality. They are treating her as an Iranian dissident.
Talk of the SAS will just have her moved to prison again.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 12, 2021, 03:28:55 PM
Read your passport again, and this time put your glasses on. If you have actually read any of the links on this page you will know why your suggestion will never come to pass.

My youngest somehow knows the couple. I still think she was an utter arse hole to go there.
John why you have to be so offensive eludes me.  I personal think it does need an SAS rescue operation, what your problem with that is and and the reason for your comments you will have to explain. There is nothing on my passport that is relevant to the issue or in the links.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2021, 12:31:41 PM
This situation seems to have needed an SAS operation to solve it for sometime now.
Read your passport again, and this time put your glasses on. If you have actually read any of the links on this page you will know why your suggestion will never come to pass. 

My youngest somehow knows the couple. I still think she was an utter arse hole to go there.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2021, 12:00:08 PM
It does seem that this is coming to a head and might be resolved.
We owe Iran £400 million since more than 40 years ago.
They are holding Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe as a hostage, let's make no bones about that. Her husband is on hunger strike.
Jeremy Hunt says we should pay up and get her released.
And why not?
I agree. It seems that it's a legitimate bill - negotiation isn't going to do it and she doesn't deserve to be held.

Barry

It does seem that this is coming to a head and might be resolved.
We owe Iran £400 million since more than 40 years ago.
They are holding Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe as a hostage, let's make no bones about that. Her husband is on hunger strike.
Jeremy Hunt says we should pay up and get her released.
And why not?

† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

So she was an "aid worker".

Well, seems to me the solution to this has been in our hands for decades. What arsehole decided a stone age theocracy deserved "aid" ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!