Modern English women and their European counterparts

Started by Baron von Lotsov, November 24, 2019, 09:12:35 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=14161 time=1579904256 user_id=103
What I find most amusing about this thread is seeing my bitter opponents over Brexit tearing chunks out of each other :dncg:

They are having trouble accepting that some women agree with my view of women, including Cutler's daughters!

This really sets the cat amongst the pigeons, and I'll see if I can think of some more examples in due course.

Not all women are alike, even if they are said to be by BBC Radio 4 and their professors.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Hyperduck Quack Quack

What I find most amusing about this thread is seeing my bitter opponents over Brexit tearing chunks out of each other :dncg:

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=14085 time=1579807571 user_id=70
Ho racing — speculation runs wild...

Horace was up in London working.

patman post

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=14084 time=1579807402 user_id=74
I know. I was trying to find a later picture of them. They were the girls you would normally only dream of. We used to hang out with the most eclectic crowd and I guess they wanted to be a part of that. We used Sir Horace's garden as a kind of RAC rally track.

Ho racing — speculation runs wild...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=14078 time=1579805749 user_id=70
They look a bit young for either to be dating your mate. As added info, Sir Horace (as he just become in your pic) was a Stoke Newington lad...

I know. I was trying to find a later picture of them. They were the girls you would normally only dream of. We used to hang out with the most eclectic crowd and I guess they wanted to be a part of that. We used Sir Horace's garden as a kind of RAC rally track.

patman post

They look a bit young for either to be dating your mate. As added info, Sir Horace (as he had just become in your pic) was a Stoke Newington lad...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baron von Lotsov

Yes I've just looked him up and apparently he was a builder once.

I've found a picture of him with his wife and his daughters. They are Tina and Anabel. It was Anabel who was seeing my mate, but they both used to hang out with us lot as a kind of teenage non-conformist bunch we were at that time.

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com/wm-preview-1500/9169807a/632b8df2/sir-horace-cutler-conservative-politician-leader-of-the-g-l-c-with-his-wife-christiane-and-daughters-tina-and-anabel-after-he-was-knighted-at-buckingham-palace-box-770-806071730-a-jpg-shutterstock-editorial-9169807a.jpg">

Borchester

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=14027 time=1579725103 user_id=74
Well this is it. Your experiences shape who you are. You see one of my closest friends at that time was having a relationship with one of his daughters, and every now and again he would be invited to one of the family's dinner parties. He would have to dress up for the occasion and Sir Horace would be hosting it. We all thought that was hilarious. The girl was beautiful but that was what he had to do! Mind you Sir Horace was a total liberal and understood everything as I think he kind of thought, well if that were me i would probably be just as outrageous, so he had the view of live and let live. That is, he had that view as long as he never ever saw his daughter with a left-winger. He had a thing about Marxists. Eventually even he paid the price and they built the M25 through his back garden. Poor man eh? But we recognise him for keeping Ken Livingstone out of anything he could control. That makes him a knight of the realm.

Bit of a parvenu our Horace. Smart enough but I can't imagine Livingstone or Boris being bought off with a knighthood.

I am off out for a few hours and upon my return and if anyone is interested, I will tell how I was about to buy my council property from Sir H but then he realised that it was not his to sell..........
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Barry post_id=13873 time=1579621975 user_id=51
I hate double negatives.

I do remember 78 rpm records, though. There's still a bit of a market in them.

Then I guess you never had recordings of I Want to Be Happy, Tea for Two, Take a Little One Step, etc, as they all came from the show: No No Nanette...

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=14034 time=1579744480 user_id=74
He was from Liverpool.

Actually I once knew a nurse from Liverpool. She was OK though.

You're so horrendously twee, Lotsov. It's like reading Alice in Wonderland. 10/6d. I knew a nurse once. Lotsovs "women". Cup of Darjeeling. The ambassador will see you now. My other woman is a Porsche. Chirp chirp. It's hot in here isn't it. Jesus Christ, there have been some fecking basket cases posting on this and the other forum, but you are in a class all of your own.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=14029 time=1579728039 user_id=51
I once shook hands with Jimmy Saville, does that count?

He was from Liverpool.

Actually I once knew a nurse from Liverpool. She was OK though.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=14029 time=1579728039 user_id=51

Oh dear! I think I would keep that quiet.  :roll:

Barry

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=14015 time=1579720778 user_id=74

OK to give you an example of the kind I was brought up with. Do you recall Sir Horace Cutler? ... I think there are a few old TV clips of Sir Horace in action against Ken Livingstone. They are a scream.

† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14024 time=1579723570 user_id=54
I think you may find that excitement is subjective.

Well this is it. Your experiences shape who you are. You see one of my closest friends at that time was having a relationship with one of his daughters, and every now and again he would be invited to one of the family's dinner parties. He would have to dress up for the occasion and Sir Horace would be hosting it. We all thought that was hilarious. The girl was beautiful but that was what he had to do! Mind you Sir Horace was a total liberal and understood everything as I think he kind of thought, well if that were me i would probably be just as outrageous, so he had the view of live and let live. That is, he had that view as long as he never ever saw his daughter with a left-winger. He had a thing about Marxists. Eventually even he paid the price and they built the M25 through his back garden. Poor man eh? But we recognise him for keeping Ken Livingstone out of anything he could control. That makes him a knight of the realm.

T00ts

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=14019 time=1579722172 user_id=74
Well just how else are you going to know who I'm talking about if I do not name examples? Of course I've known many people who you would not know, but there is less to be gained than talking about people you could actually see them if you wandered over to Youtube perhaps. Loads of people from my upbringing had important jobs. In fact it was an area that was closely associated with British film industry. It was far from the norm, but the good thing about it is it was civilised and we never got all of this political nonsense. I mean Sir Horace's daughters were not exactly marching feminists. It's a shame i could not kind of teleport you to different times and places in my past, as you would find it quite exciting.

I think you may find that excitement is subjective.