Modern English women and their European counterparts

Started by Baron von Lotsov, November 24, 2019, 09:12:35 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=7292 time=1574672064 user_id=54
I find it quite depressing that in this day and age anyone can still retain the the abhorrent view that a woman is subservient, or less important than a man.

Like I said elsewhere, both my daughters and my wife are better with the long bow than I am, and the granddaughter is coming along nicely.

And last time some scrote and his mate came burgling our house, I had to literally pull my youngest off the thug she had put down on the deck with a couple of well aimed kicks to nuts and head, because she had knelt on his neck SO hard he'd passed out and was quietly dying.

Dont mess with 'my' women ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=11287 time=1577201192 user_id=103
In my long experience there's a much bigger variation in personality types within each of the sexes than there is personality difference between men and women.

That's political correctness for you. You're supposed to be blind to any differences at all. On the other side of the coin, men are supposed to act like women and women act like men. Notice BBC news presenter women tend to have deep voices. Then when it comes to careers, women are promoted into men's jobs. Our water company is spending our money on promoting this sort of thing at the moment by sending them on exciting holidays to make the firm more attractive.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Hyperduck Quack Quack

In my long experience there's a much bigger variation in personality types within each of the sexes than there is personality difference between men and women.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=7700 time=1574969087 user_id=70
Where are Irish, Scottish and Welsh women supposed to fit in this best in breed fiasco? Personally, nationality has never influenced my judgement of companion...

You are welcome to make your own contributions on the Welsh. I think I've only known one Welsh woman, so i can't comment.

Irish though are more Catholic and tend to be more traditional.

Scottish - well I have to tread carefully here because I know Bright Young Thing is a Scottish lass.

I suppose the thing is that Scotland has its own culture, and does not tend to conform to any wider group. You can see it in pop music. The women singers were far more right-on than their Irish counterparts. Irish women like twee folk music, where Scottish are a bit more punk. The Scottish women are a good laugh though. If you are putting on a party be sure to invite them as they liven things up.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: GregB post_id=7697 time=1574967943 user_id=72
Well given your attitude towards women why would he want you to understand who she was a little a bit more or at all.

Communication helps us to understand each other.

If you hide away from anything you don't understand then you will of course remain ignorant.

My attitude in fact towards anything is non-PC hence why we're in the PC section, as I know this would grate with political correctness form.

Anyhow you will find what i describe if you look, no matter what Barry's wife is like, which he won't tell us anyway, but also feels it is a point of argument in the discussion. Nothing like having your cake and eating it eh?

Oh yes and another thing about Italians. I don't know if you have ever dinned in a classy Italian restaurant, but if you had, you'll notice something a bit odd compared to Britain. You'll find the moment you get through the door you will be greeted by a man, and when you sit down and place your order you will also be served by a man. Indeed you'll soon notice that there isn't a single woman in the establishment. Why? Well in traditional Italy the women are not the bread winners. They are looking after the bambinos.

You might strongly disagree with these people on account of your modern education, but please do understand my so-called hatful attitude towards women is normal in most of the world. I grant you that as countries modernise they lose their traditional values and its not so prominent, but you'll find it in the Italian family who have some class. They are very family orientated.

It strikes me as odd that we need twice as many people in the workforce now as we once had, what with all the modern technology we have to save time. A classy Italian family would never pay a government bureaucrat to care for their children.  They would see it as child neglect.

patman post

Where are Irish, Scottish and Welsh women supposed to fit in this best in breed fiasco? Personally, nationality has never influenced my judgement of companion...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

GregB

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7694 time=1574966196 user_id=74
I don't think I've ever used an ignore list except for the once when someone was trolling every post I made.

I think the response is pathetic.

How are you supposed to communicate if the trendy thing is to ignore anyone you disagree with?

I only asked him if his wife was Catholic. It's such a non-offensive question so I could understand who she was a little bit more, but now the man has hidden under a rock.

Do you recall the punchline in a Monty Python sketch where it was "Just as well I didn't mention the dirty fork" ?

Well given your attitude towards women why would he want you to understand who she was a little a bit more or at all.

Baron von Lotsov

I don't think I've ever used an ignore list except for the once when someone was trolling every post I made.

I think the response is pathetic.

How are you supposed to communicate if the trendy thing is to ignore anyone you disagree with?

I only asked him if his wife was Catholic. It's such a non-offensive question so I could understand who she was a little bit more, but now the man has hidden under a rock.

Do you recall the punchline in a Monty Python sketch where it was "Just as well I didn't mention the dirty fork" ?

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=7633 time=1574897218 user_id=50
No Barry. Its not just you.

Quote from: GregB post_id=7679 time=1574959489 user_id=72
It's not you Barry   :hattip

Sorted: Baron von Lotsov, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: GregB post_id=7679 time=1574959489 user_id=72
Well check a third time as you're being economical In your response deliberately or otherwise.

It actually states 41% to 88% with the higher figure attributed to lapsed or atheist catholics so not catholic at all in the true sense of the word.

Ah yes, the "atheist catholics". I gave up after reading that term! Actually my favourite is "social worker".

GregB

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7644 time=1574918782 user_id=74

I checked Wikipedia before posting. 88%.

Then I checked again and it apparently depends on how you measure it. So which church does she belong to, if any?

Well check a third time as you're being economical In your response deliberately or otherwise.

It actually states 41% to 88% with the higher figure attributed to lapsed or atheist catholics so not catholic at all in the true sense of the word.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=7624 time=1574888342 user_id=51
Don't worry, it's definitely me. Medallion man being a poof

Look at Gary Glitter and you'll understand.

Quote from: Barry post_id=7624 time=1574888342 user_id=51
and women sniffing men out is perfectly logical.

It's a metaphor. Have you ever owned a dog?

Their brains are kind of programmed. Indeed all our brains are programmed. See RA Fischer's sexy son theory.

Around 50% and falling.

I checked Wikipedia before posting. 88%.

Then I checked again and it apparently depends on how you measure it. So which church does she belong to, if any?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=7615 time=1574884694 user_id=51
Perhaps it's me...  :shrg:

No Barry. Its not just you.

Barry

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=7619 time=1574887258 user_id=74
I don't know what you don't understand. Is it the bit about the Americans being extreme?

Don't worry, it's definitely me. Medallion man being a poof and women sniffing men out is perfectly logical.

QuoteBy the way, is your wife Catholic?

No
QuoteI understand France is mostly Catholic.

Around 50% and falling.
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=7618 time=1574886559 user_id=51
I'm wondering if that is meant to be humour?

The thing is, it is you who are the one who is trying to educate the rest of us. You might as well not bother if we can't understand your use of language.

On topic, I'm happy with my wife of 45 years. Relationships are give and take, for better for worse, with a bit of effort on both sides they will last a lifetime, as per our marriage vows. Part of her heritage is French.   :thup:

I'm not on the humour thread.

I don't know what you don't understand. Is it the bit about the Americans being extreme?

By the way, is your wife Catholic? I understand France is mostly Catholic.