Modern English women and their European counterparts

Started by Baron von Lotsov, November 24, 2019, 09:12:35 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=12914 time=1578822762 user_id=50
I think he's trying to get his ego massaged. Irl its a bit difficult of course, because "his woman" operates at 15psi and she can't talk.

And is probably worn out. I dare say that the women folk can handle Lotsov's misogyny, but he is missing out on a lot of fun and is in danger of going blind.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=13872 time=1579621669 user_id=70
I'm not sure that many on here don't fondly remember shellac records and thorn needles...

I hate double negatives.

I do remember 78 rpm records, though. There's still a bit of a market in them.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13004 time=1578855938 user_id=74
Do you remember Stiff Records?

I'm not sure that many on here don't fondly remember shellac records and thorn needles...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=12990 time=1578847858 user_id=63
Oh I don't know.  Beaver sports still have the strapline "happiness is a wet beaver" on their wet suit catalogue ... , just not the version you can download...

Do you remember Stiff Records?
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=12992 time=1578852713 user_id=48
Hang fire there DD if it operates at 15psi it's not ego massaged but inflated surely ;)  :hattip

I hope he knows where his puncture repair kit is, in case of emergencies.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=12989 time=1578847727 user_id=63
The country I'm prepared to use my nuclear, biological and chemical weapons knowledge to defend sings god save the queen

what the troglodytes sing now they've taken the game i played and introduced ballet moves in the line out is no concern of mine.

:hattip

Pity you hadn't spent a bit more of that time designing a decent respirator and NBCK, instead of the Infantry having to rely on antique S6's and Noddies that filled up with your own body fluids at any temperature above freezing. No **** ever adequately explained how you were supposed to have a shite (except the comic 'Task 17') without getting fried from the outside in up your very own arse.

Anyway. Liked the Wet Beavers one.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=12914 time=1578822762 user_id=50
I think he's trying to get his ego massaged. Irl its a bit difficult of course, because "his woman" operates at 15psi and she can't talk.

Hang fire there DD if it operates at 15psi it's not ego massaged but inflated surely ;)  :hattip
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12981 time=1578844862 user_id=74
Going back to the 70s I distinctly recall our local  bicycle shop had a rack of stickers you could stick on your bike. One of them read 'Next to Sex I Love my Honda best'. I dunno whether the ladies saw it as that cool, probably thought the sticker really meant they actually loved their Honda more than them, and the bicycle shop never sold Hondas anyway. You would never see something like that today in our ultra polite PC utopia, but there you go. Japanese infiltration.

Oh I don't know.  Beaver sports still have the strapline "happiness is a wet beaver" on their wet suit catalogue ... , just not the version you can download...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=12972 time=1578842724 user_id=58
I thought your country had its own national anthem john.... :)

The country I'm prepared to use my nuclear, biological and chemical weapons knowledge to defend sings god save the queen

what the troglodytes sing now they've taken the game i played and introduced ballet moves in the line out is no concern of mine.

:hattip
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12974 time=1578843218 user_id=89
Singing the company song before you start work is extreme.

Actually the punchline to that joke about Wallmart and their staff indoctrination sessions was that when tried in Germany Wallmart was fighting a war with Aldi (a private capitalist mega-firm) . They invested one billion dollars in setting up supermarkets and lost the whole lot. They ended up pulling out of the German market entirely. Conclusion: Americans are stupid/Germans are wise (seen it before like!).

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=12950 time=1578836510 user_id=51
Is it the Beach Boys, "Help me rHonda"?  :)

Going back to the 70s I distinctly recall our local  bicycle shop had a rack of stickers you could stick on your bike. One of them read 'Next to Sex I Love my Honda best'. I dunno whether the ladies saw it as that cool, probably thought the sticker really meant they actually loved their Honda more than them, and the bicycle shop never sold Hondas anyway. You would never see something like that today in our ultra polite PC utopia, but there you go. Japanese infiltration.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12977 time=1578843560 user_id=89
Most of the companies I ever worked for only cared how many components you made a day, and treated the workforce like dirt. Anyone from management coming on the shop floor and suggest exercise and a company song would have been met with a chorus of eff off.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

T00ts

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=12975 time=1578843319 user_id=54
...but sometimes constant opposition can seem dogmatic.  :roll:

Most of the companies I ever worked for only cared how many components you made a day, and treated the workforce like dirt. Anyone from management coming on the shop floor and suggest exercise and a company song would have been met with a chorus of eff off.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=12974 time=1578843218 user_id=89
Singing the company song before you start work is extreme.

...but sometimes constant opposition can seem dogmatic.  :roll: