Modern English women and their European counterparts

Started by Baron von Lotsov, November 24, 2019, 09:12:35 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12882 time=1578779821 user_id=74
You really do not want to work in Asda. Apparently in Germany each morning the Asda staff not only had to wear the uniform, but since owned by Wallmart, they had to do what is reminiscent of a "cheer leader" routine.

try honda of the uk manufacturing. they have a company song
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=12866 time=1578772533 user_id=49

I really don't know if you are just completely ignorant of this level of misogyny that you show, or if you genuinely feel that women are less important than men. Either way, on a forum that has women on it, these comments are unacceptable (and just for the record, I'm posting as a member and not a moderator here).

I think he's trying to get his ego massaged. Irl its a bit difficult of course, because "his woman" operates at 15psi and she can't talk.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=12880 time=1578778093 user_id=63
Well, not always.

In most of our plant, nobody wears them. The only areas I need to don them are where it is necessary to protect the parts from bits that might fall off ME. And in certain other places (Honda of the UK specifically) *EVERYONE* changes into the company overalls before they clock on.

You really do not want to work in Asda. Apparently in Germany each morning the Asda staff not only had to wear the uniform, but since owned by Wallmart, they had to do what is reminiscent of a "cheer leader" routine.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12845 time=1578767009 user_id=74
Just one thing there. Blokes wear overalls because they do a lot of hands-on work, and the overalls are supposed to protect their clothes from rips and whatever you might get when fiddling underneath a car. This fiddling underneath cars is how blokes work out how the brakes actually work as compared to what the textbook says. They get a more nuanced understanding of engineering that way. If you see a person in a set of overalls on the TV where it looks like they have just pulled them off the peg at the overall retailers then it nearly always means one thing.

To work out what is going on, check the small details, like the amount of wear on the cuffs.

Well, not always.

In most of our plant, nobody wears them. The only areas I need to don them are where it is necessary to protect the parts from bits that might fall off ME. And in certain other places (Honda of the UK specifically) *EVERYONE* changes into the company overalls before they clock on.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: T00ts post_id=12876 time=1578775646 user_id=54
On the side of women? Goodness me what would you post if you weren't. It seems you have a fantasy existence somewhere between here and wishful thinking. We have moved on. We are equal in law and in the eyes of God. It's time to try and catch up.

Ah well, you would not believe my life, but my woman's uncle was Minister of Education. Her family actually originate from Sicily. Anyway, "a knight in shining armour" is what she wants.

I'm from Buckinghamshire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_of_the_shire">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_of_the_shire

Herein lies the difference between the modern English woman and her European counterpart.

T00ts

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12869 time=1578773452 user_id=74
The logic of that is in fact the diametric opposite. First of all to is well known to the point of cliche that a shiny new sports car at a motor show has had a blond sitting on it. That is just reality, whether you like it or not. Here's what follows though. The punter is clearly a bloke and that bloke is going to buy that car because his mind thinks he'll get the blond as well. I think in this scenario the bloke is stupid.

Well I'm on the woman's side you know. I do not like this exploitation and the end result is very unfair. You end up with a kind of split. Some women will sell themselves to the government and get high paid jobs for reeling out the propaganda, like News readers on the BBC. These are the new elite, and they are being used. The effect is the normal woman who has her own personality is being typecast by these sorts into someone like how they see themselves, so there is a huge misrepresentation going on. My worldly experience tells me in no uncertain terms the average woman hates engineering, hates maths and formal logic, and yet she excels in other things, such as language, being able to manage many things at once and all of that. It is because she is put into a mental straitjacket that the damage is done. A man will cope, but these days you may well have noticed the agenda is equally to attack what a man is and to try and feminise him. Then to wrap it all up we get this divide and rule situation where the government will whip up an opposition where there is none, for men and women are biologically attracted to one another.

On the side of women? Goodness me what would you post if you weren't. It seems you have a fantasy existence somewhere between here and wishful thinking. We have moved on. We are equal in law and in the eyes of God. It's time to try and catch up.

Baron von Lotsov

You're still missing the point, which was that you constantly make nasty comments about women being stupid, being 'blonde' and generally being second class citizens, and indeed most if not all of your posts on this thread are thus.

The logic of that is in fact the diametric opposite. First of all to is well known to the point of cliche that a shiny new sports car at a motor show has had a blond sitting on it. That is just reality, whether you like it or not. Here's what follows though. The punter is clearly a bloke and that bloke is going to buy that car because his mind thinks he'll get the blond as well. I think in this scenario the bloke is stupid.

I really don't know if you are just completely ignorant of this level of misogyny that you show, or if you genuinely feel that women are less important than men. Either way, on a forum that has women on it, these comments are unacceptable (and just for the record, I'm posting as a member and not a moderator here). I know that currently we only have 2 female posters (as far as I am aware anyway) but neither toots nor myself consider ourselves to be a 'little woman' and I think we deserve a little more respect than you currently show us.

As I say, it could be that you spend all the rest of you time with blokes who think the same was as you, but on here, women and men are equal, and we both have valid and interesting points to make.

Well I'm on the woman's side you know. I do not like this exploitation and the end result is very unfair. You end up with a kind of split. Some women will sell themselves to the government and get high paid jobs for reeling out the propaganda, like News readers on the BBC. These are the new elite, and they are being used. The effect is the normal woman who has her own personality is being typecast by these sorts into someone like how they see themselves, so there is a huge misrepresentation going on. My worldly experience tells me in no uncertain terms the average woman hates engineering, hates maths and formal logic, and yet she excels in other things, such as language, being able to manage many things at once and all of that. It is because she is put into a mental straitjacket that the damage is done. A man will cope, but these days you may well have noticed the agenda is equally to attack what a man is and to try and feminise him. Then to wrap it all up we get this divide and rule situation where the government will whip up an opposition where there is none, for men and women are biologically attracted to one another.

Bright Young Thing

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12865 time=1578771212 user_id=74
OK I'll spell it out one step at a time.

This is a thread about women in the political correctness section.

I am therefore talking about women, and if I'm talking about their mind it is described here as the feminine mind, just to be clear. Marketing towards men is a different marketing than that which is targetting women - OK.

Now the point i was disputing was where John said there was this woman in overalls who was supposed to be one of their engineers, and i pointed out that by practising engineering on cars it damages your clothes and that is why you wear overalls.  If the overalls are brand new then it means that the person wearing them has not used them for working on cars, so they have kind of faked it here. You might argue that well perhaps they just got new ones to look good for the show. The point is the wearing of overalls fails to prove she did that sort of thing as a job. then it was argued that by jacking the car up and modern this and that you are not going to cause any wear on your overalls, but then why wear them in the first place! Is it for show? This is where all lines of reasoning are pointing here.

You're still missing the point, which was that you constantly make nasty comments about women being stupid, being 'blonde' and generally being second class citizens, and indeed most if not all of your posts on this thread are thus.

I really don't know if you are just completely ignorant of this level of misogyny that you show, or if you genuinely feel that women are less important than men. Either way, on a forum that has women on it, these comments are unacceptable (and just for the record, I'm posting as a member and not a moderator here). I know that currently we only have 2 female posters (as far as I am aware anyway) but neither toots nor myself consider ourselves to be a 'little woman' and I think we deserve a little more respect than you currently show us.

As I say, it could be that you spend all the rest of you time with blokes who think the same was as you, but on here, women and men are equal, and we both have valid and interesting points to make.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=12863 time=1578770658 user_id=49
I want to know what you mean by saying

its a simple request. You have made a statement and I would like to know what you mean by it.

OK I'll spell it out one step at a time.

This is a thread about women in the political correctness section.

I am therefore talking about women, and if I'm talking about their mind it is described here as the feminine mind, just to be clear. Marketing towards men is a different marketing than that which is targetting women - OK.

Now the point i was disputing was where John said there was this woman in overalls who was supposed to be one of their engineers, and i pointed out that by practising engineering on cars it damages your clothes and that is why you wear overalls.  If the overalls are brand new then it means that the person wearing them has not used them for working on cars, so they have kind of faked it here. You might argue that well perhaps they just got new ones to look good for the show. The point is the wearing of overalls fails to prove she did that sort of thing as a job. then it was argued that by jacking the car up and modern this and that you are not going to cause any wear on your overalls, but then why wear them in the first place! Is it for show? This is where all lines of reasoning are pointing here.

Bright Young Thing

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12862 time=1578770565 user_id=74
I'm not playing a stupid game. Be specific on what you want to know.

I want to know what you mean by saying

QuoteYou can't have your cake and eat it, even though the feminine mind would desire to.

its a simple request. You have made a statement and I would like to know what you mean by it.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=12860 time=1578770393 user_id=49
Don't play stupid games. Please explain what you mean in saying

I'm not playing a stupid game. Be specific on what you want to know.

Bright Young Thing

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12858 time=1578770197 user_id=74
desire ≠ logic

Don't play stupid games. Please explain what you mean in saying

QuoteYou can't have your cake and eat it, even though the feminine mind would desire to.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=12857 time=1578770043 user_id=49
You've either not understand my clear request, or avoided it. The highlighted text was:

Please explain further.

desire ≠ logic

Edit

I think the most striking example here is the politics of equality. Women (according to the politically correct BBC) want equality in engineering, such that more women do it. Then if we look at the numbers sent to prison, they do not want equality on this issue. So demanding equality in this way is having your cake and eating it.

Bright Young Thing

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=12855 time=1578769738 user_id=74
OK so if all the overalls are brand new, and it is often quite easy to tell, then it means those who are wearing them are not those who regularly work in overalls on the mechanics of cars if the point of turning up in overalls is to show the punter that these there the firm's mechanics. What you are seeing is more like a fancy dress, and crucially the reason for all of this nonsense is that women now have more buying power on matters like purchasing cars. Many have high paying government jobs and so the marketers are now designing cars to appeal more to that market. this is a fact from my general knowledge on the industry. You have to guard against spin.

By the way, I know what a car mechanic looks like. My father used to employ them at one time.

You've either not understand my clear request, or avoided it. The highlighted text was:

Please explain further.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=12851 time=1578768426 user_id=49
Explain the above highlighted text please.

OK so if all the overalls are brand new, and it is often quite easy to tell, then it means those who are wearing them are not those who regularly work in overalls on the mechanics of cars if the point of turning up in overalls is to show the punter that these there the firm's mechanics. What you are seeing is more like a fancy dress, and crucially the reason for all of this nonsense is that women now have more buying power on matters like purchasing cars. Many have high paying government jobs and so the marketers are now designing cars to appeal more to that market. this is a fact from my general knowledge on the industry. You have to guard against spin.

By the way, I know what a car mechanic looks like. My father used to employ them at one time.