Does changing your name to Jessica make you a woman

Started by Barry, May 02, 2021, 03:55:31 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 13, 2021, 06:41:47 AM

And while lawyers see a profit in suing the NHS for supporting confused teenagers who twenty or more years later "regret" their decision there will be plenty of such cases.

I'm not entirely sure this is the right approach.

I think those cases should be thrown out summarily on the grounds they signed a consent form and should have thought harder about the consequences of their signing.
Just more victims of the psychological onslaught which when anyone takes some kind of responsibility for fixing it like the massive mental health crisis, they also come under psycholigical attack. Usually under the guise of somebody else will fix it and just accept it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on June 12, 2021, 11:10:44 PM
I often wonder when I read about the amount of people especially amongst the youth who are confused by their gender, how many will at some point bitterly regret what they have done to themselves. How much of it was created confusion for them and how much of it was actually their own mind.

And while lawyers see a profit in suing the NHS for supporting confused teenagers who twenty or more years later "regret" their decision there will be plenty of such cases.

I'm not entirely sure this is the right approach.

I think those cases should be thrown out summarily on the grounds they signed a consent form and should have thought harder about the consequences of their signing.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

I often wonder when I read about the amount of people especially amongst the youth who are confused by their gender, how many will at some point bitterly regret what they have done to themselves. How much of it was created confusion for them and how much of it was actually their own mind.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: B-4 on June 10, 2021, 10:33:03 AM
Considering it comes down to the concept of gender identity (psychological), then any ability to change that gender identity could result in setting it to the physical body.  Of course, that idea will be met with a lot of hostility, because it's a lot like the cure for gay argument. 

If it is now accepted that there is no way to actually turn a man into a woman, or vice versa, then the meaning of transgender is what exactly?  A permanent state of transition into something that can never be achieved?  I'm not sure how this solves the problem, but then it obviously does for some people.  However, it may also result in a lot of law suits in the future, because at the end of the day it is mutilation of a healthy body to appease a psychological dilemma.  I hope the NHS is ready for that.

At the biological level, there is no way a person born with XY chromosomes can be converted to XX and vice versa.

All that can be done is mimicry.

If we can focus at the other end to give you an example.

For fifty years I had eyes that required a -10 spectacle lens on one, and a -6 spectacle lens on the other.

Then one day the lenses clouded and had to be cut out to deal with the fact I had gone blind.

By creating a tiny plastic lens with the optical power of correction equivalent to those spectacle lenses I once had to wear, a surgeon of skill and dexterity many orders of magnitude greater than the average dick builder has given to my eyes the outward appearance of being +1 and +1.5 respectively.

But the physical deformity in my optic orbital sockets, the product of a botched forceps delivery after nearly 58 hours of labour in a prehistoric NHS remains exactly as it was, and the deformity in the eyes that caused that extraordinary high degree of short sight caused retinal detachment in both after the post operative pressures rose to breaking point. So I needed two further emergency procedures.

So outwardly I now have near bionic sight.

But underneath the wreckage is still as it was

The same goes for the transgender

They may look convincing. But no matter how hard and look Ng they shag, nothings gonna happen as a result except the odd blister
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on May 02, 2021, 03:55:31 PM
According to the BBC, yes. They refer to the obviously male pervert as "she"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-56861930

All other input on this thread aside ....

The openly gay bloke who single handedly put a Barclays server room together and is top of my list of people to call when shit hits fans because I really do believe that where you are HAPPY to shove your dick has stuff all to do with your ability to screw computer hardware together confessed to me that he was only 73% homosexual and the drunker he cot, the more attractive women appeared to be to him.

As he was by then on his seventh pint and me on my sixth after a particularly stressful day of hardware and software updates, i chose to call us a taxi while I could still articulate the addresses to which we wished to travel and then i confided to him in return that in reality his discovery was F@@@ ALL to do with his sexual orientation any more than it was related to mine, the fact that women become more attractive as your inebriation level rises is entirely the property of beer which had been the means by which ugly women secured sex for tens of thousands of years and they cared not what they had sex with ...

BUT

Having clicked that link, there isn't enough beer in the whole of Tiny Rebels new site to make this jerk that attractive to anyone. Not even his fellow convicts.

Barry

Maya Forstater has won her appeal - some common sense at last.
https://sex-matters.org/posts/updates/gender-critical-beliefs-are-worthy-of-respect-in-a-democratic-society/

Quote"The Claimant's gender-critical beliefs, which were widely shared, and which did not seek to destroy the rights of trans persons, clearly did not fall into that category."

Mr Justice Choudhury said:

"It is clear from Convention case law that...a person is free in a democratic society to hold any belief they wish, subject only to 'some modest, objective minimum requirements'."

The judgment directly contradicts the views of Stonewall, the lobby group that advises over 850 major employers in the UK, including many government departments, universities, police forces and schools, covering 25% of the UK workforce.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: B-4 on June 10, 2021, 10:33:03 AMHowever, it may also result in a lot of law suits in the future, because at the end of the day it is mutilation of a healthy body to appease a psychological dilemma.  I hope the NHS is ready for that.
It's actually grievous bodily harm, to which no one can consent in law.
† The end is nigh †

B-4

Quote from: HDQQ on June 10, 2021, 09:24:33 AM
If it becomes possible in the future for people to really change their gender, then the situation would be different.
Considering it comes down to the concept of gender identity (psychological), then any ability to change that gender identity could result in setting it to the physical body.  Of course, that idea will be met with a lot of hostility, because it's a lot like the cure for gay argument. 

If it is now accepted that there is no way to actually turn a man into a woman, or vice versa, then the meaning of transgender is what exactly?  A permanent state of transition into something that can never be achieved?  I'm not sure how this solves the problem, but then it obviously does for some people.  However, it may also result in a lot of law suits in the future, because at the end of the day it is mutilation of a healthy body to appease a psychological dilemma.  I hope the NHS is ready for that.

HDQQ

I might be all woke, lefty and snowflake etc. I fully understand that some people have gender identity problems and this causes them anguish.
But the inescapable fact is that it's not possible for a man to become a woman or vice versa. Even with surgery and legal re-definition, a person can still only pretend to be the opposite gender to their original one.
If it becomes possible in the future for people to really change their gender, then the situation would be different.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

If I had a pound for every gender out there, I'd have 2 quid and a stack of counterfeits. :)
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Simplistic solution. Send them to a prison, or part of a prison where the prisoners match the sex on their original birth certificate.
It must be the least risk.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Barry

Haven't read it, but this looks like it.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/863610/transgender-pf.pdf

QuoteHeadline Requirements
• All individuals in our care must be supported to express the gender with which they
identify.
• Their preference does not oblige us to allocate them to a men's or women's prison or
approved premises accordingly; it is one of many factors that may influence such
decisions.
• However, all individuals who are transgender must be initially allocated to part of the
estate which matches their legally recognised gender (or best-known evidence
where legal gender is not known).
• The only exceptions are when allocation decisions are approved by a Prison Group
Director or the Community Interventions Deputy Director10 via a Complex Case Board,
or YCS Head of Casework or Band 8 Senior Case Manager.
• A balanced approach must be adopted when making allocation, care and
management decisions relating to transgender individuals, balancing the risks and
well-being of the individual with the risks or impact on well-being that the person may
present to others, particularly in custodial and residential settings.
• Additional structured risk assessments and resources are required before a person is
allocated or transferred to part of the estate which does not match their sex assigned
at birth, including where a person has gained legal recognition of the gender with
which they identify.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on May 02, 2021, 06:55:37 PM
That's a really good question.
It's not like it's a threat to young women, is it?
There must be some rules in the prison service to cover this sort of nonsense.

I don't know what rules #exist (sadly, I think I do when  tried to find an FOI request for escapees from HM Open Prison Usk about two years ago I came upon a whole load of such formally printed rules and regulations on the issue.  wshat REALY worries me is when I put a search "transgender women imprisonment rules HM Prison Service" into google, THIS was the number one search result.

https://www.prisondating.co.uk/

Sadly, some legal snowflake is whingeing we should do this

https://www.crimeandjustice.org.uk/resources/transgender-prisoners

Personally, I'd shove them in a women's prison in Saudi Arabia.

The OFFICIAL stance of the UK is here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-care-and-management-of-individuals-who-are-transgender

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on May 02, 2021, 06:30:05 PM
Probably not.

Does changing your name to Tommy Robinson make you not a convicted criminal? :)

Does changing your name from Kemal to Johnson make your grandson the prime minster ?

Seems to work ...