Bill and Melinda Gate to divorce.

Started by Barry, May 03, 2021, 10:10:07 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on May 05, 2021, 11:22:31 AM
Seen items online suggesting that both Bezos and Gates divorces are a ploy to avoid tax and maximise profit from the current virus surpluses.
How could people be so cruel and cynical?

This is Bill Gates we're talking about. And Jeff Bezos.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

:)
Quote from: Streetwalker on May 05, 2021, 08:46:13 AM
Maybe you should let her know just to find out Borky . You do after all have an allotment to hide in .

Why do you think I got the allotment in the first place?  :)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Seen items online suggesting that both Bezos and Gates divorces are a ploy to avoid tax and maximise profit from the current virus surpluses.
How could people be so cruel and cynical?
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on May 04, 2021, 01:44:26 PM
No, but for Christ's sake do let her know it. I would walk through fire for her but the bloody woman would run me ragged if she ever found out

Maybe you should let her know just to find out Borky . You do after all have an allotment to hide in .

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on May 03, 2021, 10:43:02 PM
That is sad. If Bill and Melinda care to pop round to my place I will show them where I had to plaster over the hole created by the glass ash tray Madam shied at me. And the doors I put my fist through. Real doors, not this cardboard rubbish we have today. But a laugh and a joke, a bottle or two of cheap plonk and things are soon sorted out.

The problem seems to be that these rich folk seem ok at making money, but don't seem that clever at the important things in life.

I once made the mistake of pointing out that from a topological standpoint, it IS looking but not touching if you wear a condom.

What fiery tempers these Welsh women have...

I had to leap through the (thankfully open) patio doors to dodge the wok she hurled at me. And I don't mean some bloody silly tinfoil like thing from Wilko. Our wok was a wedding present from my cousin's japanesev other half.

I'm not saying it's solid but the steelwork HMS illustrious had in place to launch harriers was not as thick.

I suppose I must now admit I was completely wrong about something.

I have lost count of the number of times I have heard people, usually people far wealthier than I preach and lecture on the fact money does not buy you happiness. Yeah right. Well it seems they were right and I was wrong. What a bugger.

As for the unhappy couple, what can I say. S shame for the wife and kids, but given the shit that scumspawns operating systems and application software have given me over the decades, I'm going to get up get dressed go back downstairs and pour myself another port and lemonade.

Here's to karma !

Cheers (hic)

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 04, 2021, 08:29:21 AM

Which brings to mind a question , would you boot  her indoors out  , trade her in for a newish model if the bank balance still had 6 zeros on it ? 

No, but for Christ's sake do let her know it. I would walk through fire for her but the bloody woman would run me ragged if she ever found out
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 04, 2021, 08:29:21 AM
It seems that way borky , almost all the wealthy people I rub shoulders with are on wife number 2 or 3 where as us minions just seem to be able to get on with heading for the trap door with the same bit of skirt we hooked up with in our teens or twenty's .
Maybe we just can't afford it.  Half of feck all is still feck all however you look it .

Which brings to mind a question , would you boot  her indoors out  , trade her in for a newish model if the bank balance still had 6 zeros on it ?
Trade her in for a newer model?

Nah SW you just look like a daft old bugger.
https://youtu.be/q82aKgoHF6Q

cromwell

Space & privacy? Who is bloody interested? except media desperate to write about something....anything.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on May 03, 2021, 10:43:02 PM
That is sad. If Bill and Melinda care to pop round to my place I will show them where I had to plaster over the hole created by the glass ash tray Madam shied at me. And the doors I put my fist through. Real doors, not this cardboard rubbish we have today. But a laugh and a joke, a bottle or two of cheap plonk and things are soon sorted out.

The problem seems to be that these rich folk seem ok at making money, but don't seem that clever at the important things in life.

It seems that way borky , almost all the wealthy people I rub shoulders with are on wife number 2 or 3 where as us minions just seem to be able to get on with heading for the trap door with the same bit of skirt we hooked up with in our teens or twenty's .
Maybe we just cant afford it.  Half of feck all is still feck all however you look it .

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on May 03, 2021, 10:10:07 PM
Wonder what brought that on.

Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †