No surprises on their threats to cut the power

Started by cromwell, May 04, 2021, 10:57:55 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2021, 08:13:51 AM
well i must have missed the bit where shes said she was cutting the electric supply.

Retalitory measures from a junior french minister is somehow spun into france declaring war on the rosbifs.

Sorry cromwell , laughable rubbish.

Heres the newspaper article and what it says...

"she mentioned " according to the hacks , but unsurprisingly no actual quot in context. ::)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/04/france-threatens-to-cut-off-power-to-jersey-in-post-brexit-fishing-row

So I just read the Guardians take on this

There is a direct mention of the supply, a statement of "regret" if it came to it, but a clear threat to cut it off in relation in the context of French disgust...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 11, 2021, 08:09:49 AM
Tory hacks eh? So it's alleged to have been said.....as reported in the French govt sponsored France 24 https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210504-france-warns-of-retaliatory-measures-over-post-brexit-fishing-rights and the brexit loving grauniad.

If you think threatening the electric supply a la Putin is acceptable go ahead.....I don't.

well i must have missed the bit where shes said she was cutting the electric supply.

Retalitory measures from a junior french minister is somehow spun into france declaring war on the rosbifs.

Sorry cromwell , laughable rubbish.

Heres the newspaper article and what it says...

QuoteShe mentioned in particular consequences involving the underwater cables that supply electricity from France to Jersey, the largest Channel island.

"she mentioned " according to the hacks , but unsurprisingly no actual quot in context. ::)
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2021, 07:25:16 AM
The French threatened to cut the electric supply? The French nation , and their entire political elite and government?

Cromwell ,you seem to be the only person taking this serious to be honest. A junior French mininster makes a speech where this is alleged to have been said( havent seen or read the context of the speech) , and all of a sudden "France is threatening England" headlines all over the english rags.

Sorry cromwell , but its nonsense. I think tory hacks have thrown a dead cat on the table. Remember when michael howard did the same thing a few years back about nuking pedro in madrid over gibraltar.?

Seems to be a regular party trick to puff up the chest of the chelsea pensioners.

I think boris had a good set of elections , but with loads of flys in the ointment. He has been under increasing pressure from the party faithfull to get out completely of lockdown which they despise. The monkey hangers gave him a major scalp in the north east of England  and lots of big juicy headlines , but he had quite a few dissapointments in the english south in the council elections with places like cambridge an camerons old chipping norton seat returning labour councils , remainers i suspect handbagging back.

Scotland self evident , a disaster for him , and the festering sore that is northern ireland , where the EU have annexed the 6 counties with washingtons approval , keeps winding up the party faithfull who demand he do something.

I suspect boris has went on the phone to macron , had a chat about their political problems , suggested handbags at forty paces with the threat of the chelsea pensioners going in on the rubber dinghy HMS Peckham while macron winds up breton fisherman , the english and french tabloid readers get their fill off frogs/rosbifs , and then boris suggest macron come round to his newly decorated gaff , and invites macron to bring his mum for tipples. Job done.

On a serious note cromwell , nothing is happeneing here. If it did though , rest assured the French are a serious military force , more than your match. I suspect if blows ever came to pass which they wouldnt  , as big brother in washington wouldnt allow , there wouldnt be much left of southern england or northern france.

This sort of thing doesnt do you any favours cromwell( english brexiters). It makes you look daft to the rest of us , as everyone else can see its nothing more than manufactured tory party outrage and utter pish.
Tory hacks eh? So it's alleged to have been said.....as reported in the French govt sponsored France 24 https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210504-france-warns-of-retaliatory-measures-over-post-brexit-fishing-rights and the brexit loving grauniad.

If you think threatening the electric supply a la Putin is acceptable go ahead.....I don't.

As for outrage and pish I haven't suggested war with France or comparing military dick size,you have.

I merely pointed out the French have form for this,which other European country has a history of burning livestock alive or hijacking lorries and  pouring diesel over your countries fish to render it unsaleable.

In cases like this we should show no we ain't going to be pushed around if you think that makes me some capt mainwaring good for you  private mcpike......stupid boy  :P

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 11, 2021, 07:42:55 AM

You were doing ok until the point where you called the French a "serious military force"

I suspect you are more accurate in your assessment that the yanks wouldn't allow us to do what the French deserve, but other again if we did, the French would drown Macron in La Manche and vote for someone competent.

stope it john. ;D

The russians sail around these islands twice a week every week , stop off at folkestone for a beer and the odd assasination , then are back home and dry for slivovitz while the imperial navy make the limp wristed decision to scramble a dingy from portsmouth for the show of it hours later.

If you cant defend yourselves from russian interlopers , i dont hold much hope of you giving it to the french with your aircraft carrier with no aircraft.

Its 2021 john . not 1821 . Time to face reality.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2021, 07:25:16 AM
The French threatened to cut the electric supply? The French nation , and their entire political elite and government?

Cromwell ,you seem to be the only person taking this serious to be honest. A junior French mininster makes a speech where this is alleged to have been said( havent seen or read the context of the speech) , and all of a sudden "France is threatening England" headlines all over the english rags.

Sorry cromwell , but its nonsense. I think tory hacks have thrown a dead cat on the table. Remember when michael howard did the same thing a few years back about nuking pedro in madrid over gibraltar.?

Seems to be a regular party trick to puff up the chest of the chelsea pensioners.

I think boris had a good set of elections , but with loads of flys in the ointment. He has been under increasing pressure from the party faithfull to get out completely of lockdown which they despise. The monkey hangers gave him a major scalp in the north east of England  and lots of big juicy headlines , but he had quite a few dissapointments in the english south in the council elections with places like cambridge an camerons old chipping norton seat returning labour councils , remainers i suspect handbagging back.

Scotland self evident , a disaster for him , and the festering sore that is northern ireland , where the EU have annexed the 6 counties with washingtons approval , keeps winding up the party faithfull who demand he do something.

I suspect boris has went on the phone to macron , had a chat about their political problems , suggested handbags at forty paces with the threat of the chelsea pensioners going in on the rubber dinghy HMS Peckham while macron winds up breton fisherman , the english and french tabloid readers get their fill off frogs/rosbifs , and then boris suggest macron come round to his newly decorated gaff , and invites macron to bring his mum for tipples. Job done.

On a serious note cromwell , nothing is happeneing here. If it did though , rest assured the French are a serious military force , more than your match. I suspect if blows ever came to pass which they wouldnt  , as big brother in washington wouldnt allow , there wouldnt be much left of southern england or northern france.

This sort of thing doesnt do you any favours cromwell( english brexiters). It makes you look daft to the rest of us , as everyone else can see its nothing more than manufactured tory party outrage and utter pish.

You were doing ok until the point where you called the French a "serious military force"

I suspect you are more accurate in your assessment that the yanks wouldn't allow us to do what the French deserve, but other again if we did, the French would drown Macron in La Manche and vote for someone competent.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on May 10, 2021, 10:23:13 AM
So its the perfidious French to the South and Rebellious Scots to the North! Sounds like the Aulde Alliance is back in business  ;D
So remind me again, where have we sent the Navy?...........

:D

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 10, 2021, 08:42:34 AM
Well the fact that the French threatened to cut the electric supply and were largely backed by the eu shows how the future relationship will go.

The was the same eu bleating of putins threat to cut the gas off,they were right that's no way to conduct affairs over disputes but it does show the hypocrisy and why we need to be firm in our actions.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on May 10, 2021, 11:29:35 AM
^^^ 
The expensive dangerous bit of the Navy's been lodged in Faslane. Not sure whether that's to keep the natives busy, or to deflect any  attack on that nuclear away from the South...

It was supposed to be off Cornwall, but that might have created jobs for the locals so Pappy protested.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

^^^ 
The expensive dangerous bit of the Navy's been lodged in Faslane. Not sure whether that's to keep the natives busy, or to deflect any  attack on that nuclear away from the South...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

So its the perfidious French to the South and Rebellious Scots to the North! Sounds like the Aulde Alliance is back in business  ;D
So remind me again, where have we sent the Navy?...........

cromwell

Well the fact that the French threatened to cut the electric supply and were largely backed by the eu shows how the future relationship will go.

The was the same eu bleating of putins threat to cut the gas off,they were right that's no way to conduct affairs over disputes but it does show the hypocrisy and why we need to be firm in our actions.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 09, 2021, 08:08:03 PM
True Tommy. I have it from a totally unreliable source (The Sunday Times) that Boris suggested sending the aircraft carrier H M Queen Elizabeth to sort out the French fishing fleet.

BoJo is a crazy bastard, but poor old Starmer has no hope of matching that  :) :)

Far be it from me to question the wisdom of the condescending metropolitan elite hacks in your country and the obvious truths in that bible of democracy the sunday times , do you think thats wise to poke the hornets nest borkie?

The last time her majesties anglo saxon navy were sent to deal with Iran in the straights of hormuz a few years back , the pride of the Iranian fleet , a 200 year old wooden arab Dhow , and her arabic militiamen boarded a navy ship and captured loads of your sailors.

Could it possibly be pierre and jean  , with their highly powered speedboats out of st malo , armed with nothing more than a crepe , calvados and a chest full of courage might just prove the imperial navys match?

The battle of "illes de la manche" could be as infamous in european folklore as the battle of beachy head? ;) :D

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on May 09, 2021, 08:08:03 PMBoJo is a crazy bastard, but poor old Starmer has no hope of matching that

Labour are like 12 o'clock half struck, they don't know what they represent and their voters certainly don't. The only way Labour has any chance is to accept Brexit and build from there: but not with Starmer. They need a radical change to show that they've changed, female leader, someone like Lisa Nandy??
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on May 09, 2021, 07:44:30 PM
Pretty much borkie.

What is it about politics in these islands we can see , but our lords and masters and our betters can't?

I have lost count over the years i have head labour and their support told the same thing....you can out tory the tories so why try?

Wrapping themselves in flags and acting all faux nationalistic when only the other week most of them were trying to piss on the english and scottish flags at every opportunity is laughable.

True Tommy. I have it from a totally unreliable source (The Sunday Times) that Boris suggested sending the aircraft carrier H M Queen Elizabeth to sort out the French fishing fleet.

BoJo is a crazy bastard, but poor old Starmer has no hope of matching that  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 06, 2021, 10:41:05 PM
Possibly, but Boris got in there first and we all know that Sir Keir had his fingers crossed and is only waiting to apologise to any diseased foreigner whose arse he can kiss as a run up to selling the nation into slavery to the EU.

Plus, who gives a toss what the Standard and its weasel in chief George Osborne think? The bloody rag is a freesheet and overpriced at that.

Pretty much borkie.

What is it about politics in these islands we can see , but our lords and masters and our betters cant?

I have lost count over the years i have head labour and their support told the same thing....you can out tory the tories so why try?

Wrapping themselves in flags and acting all faux nationalistic when only the other week most of them were trying to piss on the english and scottish flags at every opportunity is laughable.