No surprises on their threats to cut the power

Started by cromwell, May 04, 2021, 10:57:55 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Couldn't give a toss about the elections or flag waving,I just know rhe French have form,setting fire to wagons with livestock in them,hijacking lorries from Scotland full of fish and spoiling the contents with diesel.

That was when we were in the eu,now we're out they'll be bigger bastards and we need to react in a very firm way to such provocations and show we aren't up for being pushed around.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on May 06, 2021, 09:53:55 PM
Seems like others think sending in the Navy is a vote winner... 

Labour wrapped itself in the union flag Thursday amid fears in the party that the deployment of Navy gunboats to Jersey was being whipped up to influence the critical Hartlepool by-election.Shadow defence secretary John Healey moved quickly to endorse the deployment and praise the "experience" of the Senior Service in resolving such disputes.His intervention came as 40 million Britons went to the polls in the biggest test of electoral opinion since the 2019 election, with "Super Thursday" seeing landmark contests for London's City Hall, the Scottish Parliament, the Welsh Parliament and councils across the country.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/labour-navy-jersey-fishing-row-khaki-win-tories-super-thursday-elections-b933559.html

Possibly, but Boris got in there first and we all know that Sir Keir had his fingers crossed and is only waiting to apologise to any diseased foreigner whose arse he can kiss as a run up to selling the nation into slavery to the EU.

Plus, who gives a toss what the Standard and its weasel in chief George Osborne think? The bloody rag is a freesheet and overpriced at that.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Seems like others think sending in the Navy is a vote winner... 

Labour wrapped itself in the union flag Thursday amid fears in the party that the deployment of Navy gunboats to Jersey was being whipped up to influence the critical Hartlepool by-election.Shadow defence secretary John Healey moved quickly to endorse the deployment and praise the "experience" of the Senior Service in resolving such disputes.His intervention came as 40 million Britons went to the polls in the biggest test of electoral opinion since the 2019 election, with "Super Thursday" seeing landmark contests for London's City Hall, the Scottish Parliament, the Welsh Parliament and councils across the country.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/labour-navy-jersey-fishing-row-khaki-win-tories-super-thursday-elections-b933559.html
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Two good reasons for sending in the Royal Navy:   

(1) there's elections, and it does no harm for the govt to have a foe to dance its version of the Haka to at such a time, and 

(2) May 9 is Channel Islands Liberation Day, what better time for the Navy to have visiting Offshore Protection Vessels loosing off a few blancs and broadcasting Sarnia-Cherie over the public address? 

Perhaps the French navy vessels could join in the celebrations...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Funny old world. The HM Govt dispatches a Carrier group to the South China Seas to "defend our interests, values and way of life" only to find out that the biggest threat to them comes from the neighbors next door  ;D

Nick

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57003069

All of a sudden they want to talk. Do the EU not get the fact that the punishing can go in both directions? 80% of the French small boats will disappear if they are not allowed to fish in UK waters.

Dead simple: Stop the bullshine at the borders and we will do the same with fishing.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 05, 2021, 07:44:03 PM
so you didn't read the last post then.
The French fishermen are threatening to blockade the Channel Islands.

So give them fair warning to sod off or board and sieze their boats......by force if necessary.

Dont worry cromwell. Just the usual bleating about brexit from the usual "lets return to the old status quo and reverse brexit " suspects.

QuoteJersey Electricity plc
@electricjersey
Following enquiries from our customers regarding the French fishing dispute, JE can reassure customers that in the unlikely event electricity supplies from France are disrupted, La Collette Power Station and Queens' Road has capacity to supply Jersey's electricity requirements

https://twitter.com/electricjersey/status/1389883697663516674

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on May 05, 2021, 10:56:14 PM
Don't worry, the French are not stupid. They know their cowardly streak will come out once once things get heated. that will always protect them.  Dancing
Well, I guess they are pretty stupid, as the great and powerful world leaders are making big talk about green deals and saving planets. They have to make it look like they actually mean it at some point or even the bullshit will become obvious.
Taking it all out of the hands of the plebs and making themselves the powerful messengers has its downsides. They will actually have to show some willing they know that.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on May 05, 2021, 10:23:08 PM
Oh dear.

No one wants to see anyone get hurt over a few plates of fish and chips, but the Navy shooting up Frenchmen...

I can't see this doing Boris any harm at all.

Don't worry, the French are not stupid. They know their cowardly streak will come out once once things get heated. that will always protect them.  Dancing
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on May 05, 2021, 09:01:04 PM
Two RN vessels despatched to Jersey to sink the blockading French fishing vessels.

Oh dear.

No one wants to see anyone get hurt over a few plates of fish and chips, but the Navy shooting up Frenchmen...

I can't see this doing Boris any harm at all.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Two RN vessels despatched to Jersey to sink the blockading French fishing vessels.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Still not going to get the electricity restored. Maybe the Channel Islanders' best bet is to return La Collette to full time generation by burning all the surplus archived offshore trust documentation...

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on May 05, 2021, 07:33:20 PM
What are you going to equip the navy vessels with — a couple of jump leads...?
so you didn't read the last post then.
The French fishermen are threatening to blockade the Channel Islands.

So give them fair warning to sod off or board and sieze their boats......by force if necessary.

patman post

What are you going to equip the navy vessels with — a couple of jump leads...?

cromwell

French threatening to blockade channel islands,we still have a navy don't we?