No surprises on their threats to cut the power

Started by cromwell, May 04, 2021, 10:57:55 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on May 12, 2021, 10:02:53 AM
I think Cromwell that there is a huge difference between a Political Giant like the President of Russia saying he will cut the supply of Gas through the Ukraine after the Ukrainians started stealing it, as state policy and a Political Junior Minister Minow that nobody had heard of until that event, saying it might be possible to turn of the lights if we you don't give us a fish.
Putin, by the way also went ahead with a solution to the problem by building new pipelines that bypassed the Ukraine (Nordstream) with others planned.
Its a chalk and cheese analysis, one to direct response to directly related problem, the other a bit of French Taunting that come as no surprise to any Fan of Monty Python.

Oh OK so you say we are seeing degrees of hypocrisy here?

And talking of python oh how we laughed when they burnt that livestock alive,despoiled fresh produce,set up blockades every time they don't get their way causing delay and inconvenience even when the dispute has bugger all to do with us as has happened in the past.......yeah what a hoot.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on May 12, 2021, 08:56:33 AM
Great Thomas so we aggree we disagree  :)

The only one suffering outrage is you,see the op "two can play at silly buggers" the outrage was palpable.

To reiterate,they complained about Putin threatening to cut fuel supply and said it was no way to conduct relations (which is true) then hypocritically do similar.....fact

I also pointed out another fact the burning of livestock alive and the hijack of transport carrying fish from your country deliberately spoilt with diesel all whilst the French authorities turned a blind eye....fact.

I then commented that they had form for such action and we need to be firm/robust in our reply action toward this.

Now you disagree,construe it as outrage or whatever you like and witter on about the Anglo press and put your own spin on it including for reasons unknown reference a long lost empire which is irrelevant to the here and now......that's all good.....meanwhile I'll go take my outrage out on a kettle and have a brew. ;) :P

I think Cromwell that there is a huge difference between a Political Giant like the President of Russia saying he will cut the supply of Gas through the Ukraine after the Ukrainians started stealing it, as state policy and a Political Junior Minister Minow that nobody had heard of until that event, saying it might be possible to turn of the lights if we you don't give us a fish.
Putin, by the way also went ahead with a solution to the problem by building new pipelines that bypassed the Ukraine (Nordstream) with others planned.
Its a chalk and cheese analysis, one to direct response to directly related problem, the other a bit of French Taunting that come as no surprise to any Fan of Monty Python.

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 12, 2021, 09:32:23 AM

The difference between Putin and Macron is Putin cheerfully sends hit men to remove people he dislikes from London and other major English city streets with ricin, polonium and other interesting chemicals.

Macron on the other hand surrenders when he hears a 41 gun salute ....

;D ;D ;D ;D

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on May 12, 2021, 08:56:33 AM

The only one suffering outrage is you,see the op "two can play at silly buggers" the outrage was palpable.

To reiterate,they complained about Putin threatening to cut fuel supply and said it was no way to conduct relations (which is true) then hypocritically do similar.....fact

I also pointed out another fact the burning of livestock alive and the hijack of transport carrying fish from your country deliberately spoilt with diesel all whilst the French authorities turned a blind eye....fact.

I then commented that they had form for such action and we need to be firm/robust in our reply action toward this.

Now you disagree,construe it as outrage or whatever you like and witter on about the Anglo press and put your own spin on it including for reasons unknown reference a long lost empire which is irrelevant to the here and now......that's all good.....meanwhile I'll go take my outrage out on a kettle and have a brew. ;) :P

The difference between Putin and Macron is Putin cheerfully sends hit men to remove people he dislikes from London and other major English city streets with ricin, polonium and other interesting chemicals.

Macron on the other hand surrenders when he hears a 41 gun salute ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on May 12, 2021, 07:41:32 AM
You need to be firm in your reply?

Ok , well im reading this far different to you and john , i gave my reasoning  , and we disagree.

France , in your and johns expert analysis  , has just mortally insulted the english realm , so what is the empire going to do cromwell?

Shall i tell you? Sweet feck all. Thats what.

There seems to be selective outrage here. The russians regularly insult the empire most weeks , and what do you do ? Turn a blind eye and hide.

As for France and the european union , while you are screeching on about some manufactured light hearted grievance in those well know bibles of truth , the english newspapers , about some alleged comment where france might  , and i stress might , turn off the electric to the channel islands , a group of islands the english inherited over the years after the french last conquered england , you make no comment on an even bigger insult.

That is , the fact France , and the europeans , have just annexed 6 counties of northern ireland and a large part of the yoonited kingdom.

What have you done?  ::)

As i said cromwell , the world is laughing . A manufactured grievance in the anglo rags aimed at rubbing the anti french feeling that lurks just beneath the surface of many englishmen.

Let me know when you have been "firm" in your reply , which i suspect will be a few hundred englishmen boycotting french wine at tesco for the week .

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 11, 2021, 06:18:13 PM
Correct John,it doesn't matter if she suggested hinted or did a bloody cartwheel the point is they whined when Putin suggested,hinted or threatened the same that it's no way to conduct international disputes.....bloody hypocrites,and with form.

As I've already said not interested in flag waving or whether it boosts the tories we need to be firm in our reply.

You need to be firm in your reply?

Ok , well im reading this far different to you and john , i gave my reasoning  , and we disagree.

France , in your and johns expert analysis  , has just mortally insulted the english realm , so what is the empire going to do cromwell?

Shall i tell you? Sweet feck all. Thats what.

There seems to be selective outrage here. The russians regularly insult the empire most weeks , and what do you do ? Turn a blind eye and hide.

As for France and the european union , while you are screeching on about some manufactured light hearted grievance in those well know bibles of truth , the english newspapers , about some alleged comment where france might  , and i stress might , turn off the electric to the channel islands , a group of islands the english inherited over the years after the french last conquered england , you make no comment on an even bigger insult.

That is , the fact France , and the europeans , have just annexed 6 counties of northern ireland and a large part of the yoonited kingdom.

What have you done?  ::)

As i said cromwell , the world is laughing . A manufactured grievance in the anglo rags aimed at rubbing the anti french feeling that lurks just beneath the surface of many englishmen.

Let me know when you have been "firm" in your reply , which i suspect will be a few hundred englishmen boycotting french wine at tesco for the week .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 11, 2021, 05:42:51 PM

her actual words as reported struck me as far more than the gruniads watering down.

They were in the next two paragraphs.

The first spoke of revulsion at British action and of their readiness to retaliate.

The second paragraph stated it would be a shame if they had to, but if they had to, they would.

These seem more concrete than you and Thomas are making them out to be ...
Correct John,it doesn't matter if she suggested hinted or did a bloody cartwheel the point is they whined when Putin suggested,hinted or threatened the same that it's no way to conduct international disputes.....bloody hypocrites,and with form.

As I've already said not interested in flag waving or whether it boosts the tories we need to be firm in our reply.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sampanviking on May 11, 2021, 02:15:13 PM
I have to follow Thomas's reading on this.
The quote from the Grauniad being :

"The French government could cut off the electricity supply to Jersey in an escalating row over post-Brexit fishing rights, a French minister has suggested".

It does read simply as a Junior Minister saying "We could do if we wanted".
Given that this does not of this comes from a Foreign Affairs Minister or Senior member of the Diplomatic Service, it does indeed sound like piss and wind meant primarily for domestic or industry consumption.

It is a very long way from a Demarch delivered to the British Ambassador by the French Foreign Minister.
Still it helped stop people worrying about Wallpaper and John Lewis Furniture, until such times as the May Election results and fallout were as able to monopolise public attention.

her actual words as reported struck me as far more than the gruniads watering down.

They were in the next two paragraphs.

The first spoke of revulsion at British action and of their readiness to retaliate.

The second paragraph stated it would be a shame if they had to, but if they had to, they would.

These seem more concrete than you and Thomas are making them out to be ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2021, 03:05:10 PM
nick its laughable rubbish.

Send borkie over to give the french a stiff warning and remember agincourt , maybe he could throw some snot at macrons mum while hes there.

Tell you nick , i grudgingly admire the tory party as i have always said. They know the right buttons to push with the anglo saxon public in your country dont they?

Indeed. The Tories understand their target demographic and stick to it. If people see that as the party for the wealthy then so be it, it's the taxes from the wealthy that feed the exchequer, simple equation in my book.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Sampanviking on May 11, 2021, 02:15:13 PM

"The French government could cut off the electricity supply to Jersey in an escalating row over post-Brexit fishing rights, a French minister has suggested".

Given that this does not of this comes from a Foreign Affairs Minister or Senior member of the Diplomatic Service, it does indeed sound like piss and wind meant primarily for domestic or industry consumption.

No, it sounds as though Macron has lost control of the NCOs' mess.

The UK was in the middle of an election and Boris leapt at the chance to chuck his weight around. So he sent a couple of gunboats and Annick Girardin responds with the Saint Malo Anglers' Association.

I don't mind the French being treacherous, because that way we know where we stand. But it confuses the issue when they act so dumb
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2021, 02:59:37 PM
Be that as it may but junior minister or not it is very provocative.

nick its laughable rubbish.

Send borkie over to give the french a stiff warning and remember agincourt , maybe he could throw some snot at macrons mum while hes there.

Tell you nick , i grudgingly admire the tory party as i have always said. They know the right buttons to push with the anglo saxon public in your country dont they?

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on May 11, 2021, 02:15:13 PMIt does read simply as a Junior Minister saying "We could do if we wanted".

Be that as it may but junior minister or not it is very provocative.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 11, 2021, 09:47:00 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/04/france-threatens-to-cut-off-power-to-jersey-in-post-brexit-fishing-row

So I just read the Guardians take on this

There is a direct mention of the supply, a statement of "regret" if it came to it, but a clear threat to cut it off in relation in the context of French disgust...

It is a very long way from a Demarch delivered to the British Ambassador by the French Foreign Minister.
Still it helped stop people worrying about Wallpaper and John Lewis Furniture, until such times as the May Election results and fallout were as able to monopolise public attention.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2021, 01:59:18 PM
Not that i see john.

just loads of english newspapers with selective quotes taken out of context and the journalists view inserted into the story.

At worst its a made up story as i said earlier , at best , giving you a massive bit of benefit of any doubt , its some minor french offical making noises .

Next time diane abbot speaks , or some other empty headed  english politican , i shall assume using your countries very own rules she speaks on behalf of the entire population of england and the english government then shall we?

Conservative propaganda is safe in your hands and cromwells john.

Straight from the frog's mouth

"The British crown dependency of Jersey, the largest of the Channel Islands, relies on "the transmission of electricity by underwater cable", Girardin said as she was questioned by assembly members, raising the supply as a point of leverage."

Why such a beautiful country as France is left in the hand of the French is beyond me.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 11, 2021, 09:47:00 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/04/france-threatens-to-cut-off-power-to-jersey-in-post-brexit-fishing-row

So I just read the Guardians take on this

There is a direct mention of the supply, a statement of "regret" if it came to it, but a clear threat to cut it off in relation in the context of French disgust...

Not that i see john.

just loads of english newspapers with selective quotes taken out of context and the journalists view inserted into the story.

At worst its a made up story as i said earlier , at best , giving you a massive bit of benefit of any doubt , its some minor french offical making noises .

Next time diane abbot speaks , or some other empty headed  english politican , i shall assume using your countries very own rules she speaks on behalf of the entire population of england and the english government then shall we?

Conservative propaganda is safe in your hands and cromwells john.