Indian food is terrible

Started by Streetwalker, November 26, 2019, 06:13:41 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Pork fillet sliced,chopped onion and garlic,red & yellow pepper slices,mushrooms all in some oil salt and ground black pepper,tin of chopped tomatoes good splodge of white or rose,fry off some sliced courgettes separately and bung them in with the rest,bit of cream goes good with some warm French bread with garlic butter ok with most pasta and a few glasses of wine.....hic
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

For me it has to be Coq au Vin — it's delicious and easy and a wonderful seduction dish !!!

There's plenty of recipes on line recipes, but many are too prissy and complicated.

Here's my ingredients and method:

> Chicken in six pieces browned in olive oil and butter, put aside

> Smoked bacon fried until crispy, put aside

> 12 peeled whole shallots fried and browned, put aside

> Chestnut mushrooms fried, put aside

> Glug of brandy

> Chicken stock

> Garlic cloves, chopped and fried to soften, glug of brandy to deglaze pot, then add all the above, then red wine a cup at a time, and stock

> Thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs and bay leaves

> Simmer gently for about hour with top off pot so liquid reduces

> Thicken if required with mixture of flour, oil and butter.

Sprinkle with chopped parsley or scallion, serve with new potatoes and/or rice and peas...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50550735">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50550735

Well that's not my opinion Im quite partial to a ruby but is it really racist to say you don't like it ?

If he had witnessed some of the eastern European muck I have witnessed the lads bringing into work for their lunch he would bite your hand off for a plate of  Kashmiri Chicken Rogan josh but every one to their own tastes .

So whats your favourite international dish  and  do you cook it yourself.

I'll kick off with one of my go to recipies when the outlaws come  a scrounging ,don't know why I bother it just encourages them .

Kerala fish Curry

Heat in large pan in following order '

Tsp of Coconut oil ,Tumeric, Mustard seeds ,splash of water , 1 Tbs Kashmiri curry powder .

Hand full of curry leaves

Couple of garlic cloves and a few slices of ginger

3/4 green chilli's

Tin of tomatoes and a tin of coconut milk

1kg of chopped Haddock /Monkfish ,pinch of salt maybe and a little chilli powder for as much heat as you like

Simmer till the fish is cooked .

,sprinkle a little fresh coriander on top  and serve with basmati rice .