Next Labour leader?

Started by T00ts, October 12, 2019, 03:56:50 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1182797919637913600/XdXFomsj?format=jpg&name=600x314">

Labour £650,000 in red as members desert party

QuoteLabour lost more than half a million pounds last year, official figures show, amid fears among its MPs that it is ill-prepared for a general election.

The party suffered a shortfall of £655,000 in 2018, compared with a surplus of £1.45 million the previous year, according to Labour's annual report.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-650-000-in-red-as-members-desert-party-zx5gmcrzt">https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labo ... -zx5gmcrzt">https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-650-000-in-red-as-members-desert-party-zx5gmcrzt
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=278 time=1570897669 user_id=48
Quote from: Churchill post_id=276 time=1570897419 user_id=69
Running to the Courts was a big mistake IMO our elected Politicians such as they are, are supposed to look after the nation on our behalf not unelected Judges nothing to do with them , so yes after so many years we may now need a written constitution.

Since the referendum our Democracy as been seriously damaged so much so if we do not leave in full I may never bother voting ever again, even in Local Council elections

I understand your feelings which I think is shared by many but that's sad because it then leaves the way open to hardline activists from both ends of the political spectrum to take advantage and further erode democracy.

My fingers itch for a thanks/like button.

Churchill

Yes I accept that and have thought about it, but at this moment in time I have just had enough of all of them
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

cromwell

Quote from: Churchill post_id=276 time=1570897419 user_id=69
Running to the Courts was a big mistake IMO our elected Politicians such as they are, are supposed to look after the nation on our behalf not unelected Judges nothing to do with them , so yes after so many years we may now need a written constitution.

Since the referendum our Democracy as been seriously damaged so much so if we do not leave in full I may never bother voting ever again, even in Local Council elections

I understand your feelings which I think is shared by many but that's sad because it then leaves the way open to hardline activists from both ends of the political spectrum to take advantage and further erode democracy.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

cromwell

Quote from: Churchill post_id=273 time=1570896798 user_id=69
I think that is what the problem is they have one eye on the ball and one on the mirror, instead of listening to the people and dealing with the nations problems to try and come up with long term solutions that will work for years to come not just the next GE.

Then they come and talk to us making promises shaking hands because they want to keep their seats on the gravy train for another 5 years, and hopefully a peerage at the end of it

Well should we ever finally leave the eu the work then needs to begin on an overhaul of our domestic political system along with a written constitution.

They really need to appreciate who they work for.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Churchill

I think that is what the problem is they have one eye on the ball and one on the mirror, instead of listening to the people and dealing with the nations problems to try and come up with long term solutions that will work for years to come not just the next GE.

Then they come and talk to us making promises shaking hands because they want to keep their seats on the gravy train for another 5 years, and hopefully a peerage at the end of it

T00ts

Quote from: Churchill post_id=268 time=1570894734 user_id=69
Quote from: T00ts post_id=263 time=1570892960 user_id=54

In some ways I do agree but be careful what you wish for. Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

True I have not had much faith in any of them for some years, but the last 3 years have been a complete farce, they have brought nothing but shame on the House of Commons and the UK, our neighbours across the Channel have enjoyed the spectacle

You can say that again. I wonder if they ever watch themselves on TV etc.

Churchill

Quote from: T00ts post_id=263 time=1570892960 user_id=54
Quote from: Churchill post_id=262 time=1570892750 user_id=69
I hope they fade into oblivion at the next General Election , we need a complete change new party's with new ideas and courage to stand up for the UK

In some ways I do agree but be careful what you wish for. Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

True I have not had much faith in any of them for some years, but the last 3 years have been a complete farce, they have brought nothing but shame on the House of Commons and the UK, our neighbours across the Channel have enjoyed the spectacle

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=258 time=1570892210 user_id=54
I guess we have all heard of Corbyn and McDonnel rumours that if they fail at the next GE they will resign - but now it gets better. I have read a couple reports that Jesse Phillips is thinking of running for leadership in Corbyn's place. Now I'm all for women's equality so should she be successful it would probably extend Labour's purgatory. What is her age? Mid 30's? It could last decades! Great news. I It won't do much for the quality of manners in HofC though either.

The general rule is that failed leaders of all major parties fall on their swords after electoral defeat, so I can't see why Wurzel should be any different. As for Jesse Phillips, she seems nice enough as a person but not much of a politician. Her complaints about death threats may win her sympathy but not many votes in the marginals which is where these matters count.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Churchill post_id=262 time=1570892750 user_id=69
I hope they fade into oblivion at the next General Election , we need a complete change new party's with new ideas and courage to stand up for the UK

Churchill

T00ts

I guess we have all heard of Corbyn and McDonnel rumours that if they fail at the next GE they will resign - but now it gets better. I have read a couple reports that Jesse Phillips is thinking of running for leadership in Corbyn's place. Now I'm all for women's equality so should she be successful it would probably extend Labour's purgatory. What is her age? Mid 30's? It could last decades! Great news. I It won't do much for the quality of manners in HofC though either.