Ha Ha Ha well done Leicester

Started by cromwell, May 15, 2021, 08:24:52 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2021, 06:37:47 PM
It's nothing to do with buying the title, they got SFA in the way of penalties when they went bankrupt. Bolton got relegated to the next division and hit with 15 point deduction to start the next season. We also got a transfer ban for 3 years to boot. So yes, I have no time for the tax dodging bastards.
You sound understandably sore — but if it's Leicester City you're complaining about, is it even the same organisation that went bust?
From what I remember it was bought by a group largely assembled by Lineker, from the administrators. It's possible that if HMRC and others hadn't pushed for winding up, the club might have worked its way through its financial problems.
Anyway, the current situation is that Leicester City FC Plc no longer exists — it's a now limited company owned by a completely new group with Australian and Thai money and headed by a hands-on Thai family that the fans adore.
I wish Arsenal had similar — though hopefully, things there are slowly changing...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2021, 06:37:47 PM
It's nothing to do with buying the title, they got SFA in the way of penalties when they went bankrupt. Bolton got relegated to the next division and hit with 15 point deduction to start the next season. We also got a transfer ban for 3 years to boot. So yes, I have no time for the tax dodging bastards.

Well it's you that said that!
QuoteDon't know but I do know their wage bill was significantly bigger than their entire turnover. How can that be fair? They bought the title with money they didn't have.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on May 16, 2021, 02:35:30 PM
Well sadly whilst it all isn't fair it started a good while ago when the greedy bastards at the old toilet led others to change the rules that gate receipts were no longer shared.......all this from the same tossers happy to see the corruption that went on to gladly seeing the float on the NY stock exchange not London because they got more money to buy success.....the very same now blaming the ruination of football on the yanks.

And now its all the glazers fault who've spent a fortune tbut they don't have the success they regard as their right,don't kid yourself Nick titles have been bought for a long time.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2021, 01:58:20 PM
Don't know but I do know their wage bill was significantly bigger than their entire turnover. How can that be fair? They bought the title with money they didn't have.

Quote.
Hard-working people lost out massively. The company which built the stadium was forced to just forget about the final payment of £5.5m. The East Midlands Ambulance Service was left with a shortfall of £16,000. The romance of Leicester's title win makes this kind of story easier to forget.

Well sadly whilst it all isn't fair it started a good while ago when the greedy bastards at the old toilet led others to change the rules that gate receipts were no longer shared.......all this from the same tossers happy to see the corruption that went on to gladly seeing the float on the NY stock exchange not London because they got more money to buy success.....the very same now blaming the ruination of football on the yanks.

And now its all the glazers fault who've spent a fortune tbut they don't have the success they regard as their right,don't kid yourself Nick titles have been bought for a long time.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 16, 2021, 01:10:53 PM

Well that was kind of my point Nick.

What was Leicester's "turnover" behind that HMRC bill.

There were a LOT of companies doing EXACTLY what they did, declare bankruptcy,  clean the sheets then start over with a cousin in charge as MD if need be. The amount owed must be seen in context to amount "earned" and "outgoings"

I know bugger all about football except the Sheiks ransoms they pay to the divas to kick a pigs bladder about on a lawn.

But seeing as engine drivers don't get those salaries, how does Llangollen Railway fare in direct ratio comparison ..

Don't know but I do know their wage bill was significantly bigger than their entire turnover. How can that be fair? They bought the title with money they didn't have.

Quote.
Hard-working people lost out massively. The company which built the stadium was forced to just forget about the final payment of £5.5m. The East Midlands Ambulance Service was left with a shortfall of £16,000. The romance of Leicester's title win makes this kind of story easier to forget.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2021, 11:21:49 AM
Which other business is allowed to go pop and start up the very next day in exactly the same guise? Having evaded paying £100 million to HMRC.

Well that was kind of my point Nick.

What was Leicester's "turnover" behind that HMRC bill.

There were a LOT of companies doing EXACTLY what they did, declare bankruptcy,  clean the sheets then start over with a cousin in charge as MD if need be. The amount owed must be seen in context to amount "earned" and "outgoings"

I know bugger all about football except the Sheiks ransoms they pay to the divas to kick a pigs bladder about on a lawn.

But seeing as engine drivers don't get those salaries, how does Llangollen Railway fare in direct ratio comparison ..

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 16, 2021, 09:36:20 AM

So let's get this straight.

A local joke in these parts is a DIY place called HanDIYLand which went through six reincarnations under six cousins as MD, as "HanDIYLand (1989) Ltd T/a HanDIYLand" all the way through to "......  (1999) ......."

So if I understand right your real beef is they were not forced to call themselves "Leicester (2021)......"

Which other business is allowed to go pop and start up the very next day in exactly the same guise? Having evaded paying £100 million to HMRC.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 16, 2021, 08:13:47 AM
Not to mention you had a shite team   :P

The Leicester's of this world though give us all hope that one day it will be our day . My only regret is that the pub wasnt packed with the wankers crying in their beer .

We had a shite Chairman, only decent thing he did was croak it.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on May 15, 2021, 10:51:45 PM
It's a disgrace, those tax dodging bastards went out of business owing millions and shit on 100's of small businesses in the Leicester area. From the guys who supplied the pies to the guy who decorated the changing rooms, they got nothing when they decided to go bankrupt. They paid HMRC 1p in the pound and then started up again under the same name, won the league and everyone hailed their success. My team BWFC suffered as a direct result of these bastards, 12 points reduction X 2 and massive fines when we had GENUINE financial problems. Nothing they have done since their bankruptcy has deserved any praise.

Rant over.

So let's get this straight.

A local joke in these parts is a DIY place called HanDIYLand which went through six reincarnations under six cousins as MD, as "HanDIYLand (1989) Ltd T/a HanDIYLand" all the way through to "......  (1999) ......."

So if I understand right your real beef is they were not forced to call themselves "Leicester (2021)......"
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on May 15, 2021, 10:51:45 PM
It's a disgrace, those tax dodging bastards went out of business owing millions and shit on 100's of small businesses in the Leicester area. From the guys who supplied the pies to the guy who decorated the changing rooms, they got nothing when they decided to go bankrupt. They paid HMRC 1p in the pound and then started up again under the same name, won the league and everyone hailed their success. My team BWFC suffered as a direct result of these bastards, 12 points reduction X 2 and massive fines when we had GENUINE financial problems. Nothing they have done since their bankruptcy has deserved any praise.

Rant over.

Not to mention you had a shite team   :P

The Leicester's of this world though give us all hope that one day it will be our day . My only regret is that the pub wasnt packed with the wankers crying in their beer . 

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on May 15, 2021, 08:24:52 PM
Hope we  turn them over too

Rant over.

cromwell