Yippee! - the pub's open

Started by Barry, May 17, 2021, 04:35:27 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on June 20, 2021, 03:21:52 PM
But where else would you wear face coverings — though I suppose the less endowed could use it as a posing pouch...
I did see a lot of maskless jocks in London recently.  😁
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on June 20, 2021, 06:43:23 PM
God, you can be such a bitch at times.

And when did you get a chance to talk to my wife?

;D ;D ;D ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 20, 2021, 03:21:52 PM
But where else would you wear face coverings — though I suppose the less endowed could use it as a posing pouch...

God, you can be such a bitch at times.

And when did you get a chance to talk to my wife?
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Wow, you are so clever with words,  Pat.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Tomorrow, no face covering, anywhere.
Legally, of course.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on June 20, 2021, 09:26:56 AM
The Telegraph reports today that Hancock deliberately withheld PHE data regarding the Indian variant. It is better controlled by the vaccines than other variants so the threat is actually less.

The pressure is now on Boris  to open everything up on July 5th. It would save face all round.
Hancock really is likely to get fired very soon, I reckon. What did he have to gain from delaying the reopening?
Is it a case of following the money?
Phew that was lucky Barry they found some hidden information.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

The Telegraph reports today that Hancock deliberately withheld PHE data regarding the Indian variant. It is better controlled by the vaccines than other variants so the threat is actually less.

The pressure is now on Boris  to open everything up on July 5th. It would save face all round.
Hancock really is likely to get fired very soon, I reckon. What did he have to gain from delaying the reopening?
Is it a case of following the money?
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on May 17, 2021, 04:35:27 PM
Me and Mrs were happy to support our local pub with buying an afternoon beer, even though we don't usually.
It was raining.
As we walked in and finding a table the staff member said "We are still wearing our masks".
I said "I'm not, I'm exempt"
Having been illegally challenged we walked out.
How do you drink beer with a mask on, anyway?
That's £9 they didn't get, could have been £18.

Good luck, Streetwalker.

Ive found when drinking in the local most people wear the face covering on entering ,take a seat and thats the end of it . Nobody is saying you have to wear a mask when drinking  ::)

Maybe when everyone has had their jabs you wont have to wear one (unless exempt of course ) when entering the pub either

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Barry

The best thing to do on June 21st: open everything completely, no restrictions, and let whoever disagree keep their masks on or just stay home and let us get on with our precious lives.

† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on June 07, 2021, 10:12:35 PM
Are we going to be free at last on June 21st?
Lots of conflicting views. Cases are rising mostly amongst teenagers who are not really getting sick.
Hospital admissions steady, deaths steady at about 8 per day.

All old and vulnerable have been offered vaccines, but it seems only 40% of people want to be free on June 21st.
The other 60% want to stay restricted, which, of course, they may if they wish, even if the restrictions are removed.

Even NHS England are complaining that they will NOT be overwhelmed and on past performance modelling cannot be trusted.
Good luck with all that, Boris.

Not in Wales.

Unless we drown Drakeford in his own cesspit.

14 days with no deaths now. Not that you are being told
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on June 07, 2021, 10:12:35 PM
Lots of conflicting views. Cases are rising mostly amongst teenagers who are not really getting sick.

All old and vulnerable have been offered vaccines, but it seems only 40% of people want to be free on June 21st.
The other 60% want to stay restricted, which, of course, they may if they wish, even if the restrictions are removed.

Even NHS England are complaining that they will NOT be overwhelmed and on past performance modelling cannot be trusted.
Yes, we will be free to do anything that we are told to do.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

† The end is nigh †