Yippee! - the pub's open

Started by Barry, May 17, 2021, 04:35:27 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on May 17, 2021, 08:08:55 PM
I'm sure you can manage to drink with a mask, Barry.  You just need a bit of determination to suck it through.
Or, you know, it's easy money if you just contact these people:
https://disabilityrights.org.uk/first-face-mask-discrimination-case-nets-7-000
But then if you are injected with anti-venom what the feck difference does it make if I am wearing a mask or not?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on May 17, 2021, 04:35:27 PM
Me and Mrs were happy to support our local pub with buying an afternoon beer, even though we don't usually.
It was raining.
As we walked in and finding a table the staff member said "We are still wearing our masks".
I said "I'm not, I'm exempt"
Having been illegally challenged we walked out.
How do you drink beer with a mask on, anyway?
That's £9 they didn't get, could have been £18.

Good luck, Streetwalker.
I'm sure you can manage to drink with a mask, Barry.  You just need a bit of determination to suck it through.
Or, you know, it's easy money if you just contact these people:
https://disabilityrights.org.uk/first-face-mask-discrimination-case-nets-7-000
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

johnofgwent

Well, if you're anywhere near Offa's dyke and want a proper pint from a decent landlady give me a yell ... I didn't go there tonight, give the other locals a chance ... There's a band booked for Saturday....

Our little band shall resume its regular Wednesday and Sunday night imbibing minus two absent friends courtesy of a lack of cancer treatment during the Chinese pox. And if the labour Tw** MP comes in for a pint (he often does) he'll hear all about it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Me and Mrs were happy to support our local pub with buying an afternoon beer, even though we don't usually.
It was raining.
As we walked in and finding a table the staff member said "We are still wearing our masks".
I said "I'm not, I'm exempt"
Having been illegally challenged we walked out.
How do you drink beer with a mask on, anyway?
That's £9 they didn't get, could have been £18.

Good luck, Streetwalker.
† The end is nigh †