I was thinking, could God be actually from another dimension?

Started by Sheepy, May 19, 2021, 09:01:51 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on June 02, 2021, 05:54:39 PM
I think it goes - Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavour of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks. This is the main reason the world is in the state it is.

You are right Toots. That is the problem with the world today. Too many monks
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

I think it goes - Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavour of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks. This is the main reason the world is in the state it is.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on June 02, 2021, 12:02:50 PM
Borchester you try my patience and I posted my annoyance. I have repented and have therefore modified it.

Not too sure that is a good idea Toots. As the great Robert Heinlein wrote, everything in excess, moderation is for monks
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Borchester you try my patience and I posted my annoyance. I have repented and have therefore modified it.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on May 31, 2021, 08:16:46 PM
Well Borky I am a godless creature,but I do respect T00ts and her opinions as one of the better of the species whatever her religion.

I like Toots as well Ollie. It is just that I think that her sky genii is vicious
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on June 01, 2021, 11:06:38 AM
I'll give it another try, not in order to persuade anyone, because my belief is that there will come a time when even the doubters will know and recognise the truth and to be fair the same goes of myself. I don't pretend to know much but am constantly learning. I have nothing that constitutes proof that is acceptable to all, save only a moment in my life when I had no doubt, and that has lingered now over 50 years. I could no more deny God's existence than slit my own throat.

I believe that we should be looking at God differently. He doesn't stop the many terrible things that happen in the world because the whole point of being here is to make choices. For those of us who recognise God we tend to recognise Satan too. We all have a choice as to whom we follow. Bad things happen due to someone somewhere making a choice to do evil. How those choices affect others we have seen and to expect God to use His powers to negate the repercussions of those choices teaches nothing, but also would absolve those who should carry the guilt. He will indeed make them carry the guilt in His own time. For those of us that believe utterly in life eternal, death is not a punishment it is simply being called home for whatever reason.

I have quoted examples of God's action to reset the world in the past but now is the last days. Satan is as aware of that as anyone. He is working overtime to take as many souls away from God as possible before Jesus calls a halt. As we look around us people are at each others throats in a way that I certainly haven't seen before. Are there any countries in the world where there isn't turmoil? We have children killing children in this country seemingly for fun, and running away laughing. How evil does it have to get before a cry of enough is enough is heard?

I know I'm an oddity here and I certainly have no wish to lecture, so I do hope it doesn't come across as such, but there is a valid contrary point of view in this increasingly secular world. The only thing I would ask is that others don't call God names in replying. It really upsets me to the point that I can't engage.
No you're not an oddity,like I say I'm a godless creature and I believe in freedom of expression......however I also believe that religion is unlike politics and people's beliefs should be given some respect so I would ask  that T00ts request be respected......if not however reluctantly the comments will be removed......and no this isn't favouritism.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I'll give it another try, not in order to persuade anyone, because my belief is that there will come a time when even the doubters will know and recognise the truth and to be fair the same goes of myself. I don't pretend to know much but am constantly learning. I have nothing that constitutes proof that is acceptable to all, save only a moment in my life when I had no doubt, and that has lingered now over 50 years. I could no more deny God's existence than slit my own throat.

I believe that we should be looking at God differently. He doesn't stop the many terrible things that happen in the world because the whole point of being here is to make choices. For those of us who recognise God we tend to recognise Satan too. We all have a choice as to whom we follow. Bad things happen due to someone somewhere making a choice to do evil. How those choices affect others we have seen and to expect God to use His powers to negate the repercussions of those choices teaches nothing, but also would absolve those who should carry the guilt. He will indeed make them carry the guilt in His own time. For those of us that believe utterly in life eternal, death is not a punishment it is simply being called home for whatever reason.

I have quoted examples of God's action to reset the world in the past but now is the last days. Satan is as aware of that as anyone. He is working overtime to take as many souls away from God as possible before Jesus calls a halt. As we look around us people are at each others throats in a way that I certainly haven't seen before. Are there any countries in the world where there isn't turmoil? We have children killing children in this country seemingly for fun, and running away laughing. How evil does it have to get before a cry of enough is enough is heard?

I know I'm an oddity here and I certainly have no wish to lecture, so I do hope it doesn't come across as such, but there is a valid contrary point of view in this increasingly secular world. The only thing I would ask is that others don't call God names in replying. It really upsets me to the point that I can't engage.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on May 28, 2021, 04:52:13 PM
But we're all born into a state of original sin, the result of which is death, so there's no escaping...

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on May 31, 2021, 08:16:46 PM
Well Borky I am a godless creature,but I do respect T00ts and her opinions as one of the better of the species whatever her religion.
Quite so, her opinion is always welcome and she never forces it on anyone.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on May 28, 2021, 12:31:56 AM
Tonight hundreds of thousands of good people who have led blameless lives will die in agony. Parents will lose innocent children, children will be left broken hearted. And you reckon they had a choice?

God Almighty, what a total **** He is
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on May 28, 2021, 04:52:13 PM
But we're all born into a state of original sin, the result of which is death, so there's no escaping...

But then when you think about it, as humans we are very poorly designed, but this will change and is already doing so, with AI in its infancy and it is only as good as the one who programs it, eventually human intelligence will be able to upload into robotic bodies and interact with AI in completely different ways. Well, if doctor death the mad scientist doesn't do us all in first. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on May 28, 2021, 08:56:50 AM
Yes and you lay the blame at His feet but is He really to blame? Think about it. What has occurred over time, perhaps centuries, that has created that scenario? Do you really think that since each one of us is a child of God that He doesn't weep?

I don't want the vicious old bastard to weep. I will just settle for Him not torturing the innocent.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Yes and you lay the blame at His feet but is He really to blame? Think about it. What has occurred over time, perhaps centuries, that has created that scenario? Do you really think that since each one of us is a child of God that He doesn't weep? Should those really to blame not have the blood on their hands? Should they not carry the blame and punishment when everything is finished as is promised? Yes God could stop it all and He will. We are making our own misery and as time goes on evil is all around us and growing. The stories of Soddam and Gomorrah and Noah give us the warnings.

Death to us is terrible. Some, no many, suffer a terrible death, but what we don't see is God the Father calling His children home because He doesn't want them to suffer any more. What He will do is punish those rightfully to blame, not in this life, but for eternity.