You know you're getting old when

Started by cromwell, May 22, 2021, 11:41:23 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on May 22, 2021, 11:41:23 AM
It's a long long time since you heard anyone say "turn the wireless down" :P

Or that McDonald's depots are being (not that I'd eat their crap) besieged by tossers with bamboo curtains to prevent deliveries.
Now I'm of an age I can afford a decent steak and bottle of vino collappso I am not appreciating there's an emergency caused by all those cattle farts and I should be eating an insect burger and drinking nettle juice.

Worse still I don't wear Lycra and rely totally on a bike to get around  whilst ignoring all traffic regulations and feel safe and superior n the knowledge I like the pope am beyond reproach even against the humble pedestrian.

The Nissan Leaf is so noise free it comes with a laser sensor that detects pedestrians in the road and issues an audible warning.

The button next to the tripmeter allows this to be disarmed

Making it the perfect stealth weapon.

I've nearly got 45 already and I haven't had it a month.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: patman post on May 27, 2021, 08:34:35 PM
I reckon it's getting old when you've had your 40th birthday, had your first jab, and notice that most of the local Police have reached the age when they would have been able to join the Hitler-Jugend, Bund deutscher Arbeiterjugend...
Is that the police Club 18-30 equivalent?
† The end is nigh †

patman post

I reckon it's getting old when you've had your 40th birthday, had your first jab, and notice that most of the local Police have reached the age when they would have been able to join the Hitler-Jugend, Bund deutscher Arbeiterjugend...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

I came for the giggle and here it is - thank you.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on May 22, 2021, 11:47:18 AM
Have Greenpeace and XR waged war on the termites, yet?
There's nothing for it billions will have to go to save the planet and for those left its back to cave dwelling.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

You know you are getting old whem you have just been run over and knocked the length of the street and you are lying in bed and remembering the days when she would kiss it better but instead has just come into the bedroom and wondered if you could claim enough to cover the cost of her new mobility scooter.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on May 22, 2021, 11:41:23 AMNow I'm of an age I can afford a decent steak and bottle of vino collappso I am not appreciating there's an emergency caused by all those cattle farts and I should be eating an insect burger and drinking nettle juice.
Have Greenpeace and XR waged war on the termites, yet?
QuoteTermites may emit large quantities of methane, carbon dioxide, and molecular hydrogen into the atmosphere. Global annual emissions calculated from laboratory measurements could reach 150,000,000,000,000 grams of methane and 50,000,000,000,000,000 grams of carbon dioxide. As much as 200,000,000,000,000 grams of molecular hydrogen may also be produced.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

It's a long long time since you heard anyone say "turn the wireless down" :P

Or that McDonald's depots are being (not that I'd eat their crap) besieged by tossers with bamboo curtains to prevent deliveries.
Now I'm of an age I can afford a decent steak and bottle of vino collappso I am not appreciating there's an emergency caused by all those cattle farts and I should be eating an insect burger and drinking nettle juice.

Worse still I don't wear Lycra and rely totally on a bike to get around  whilst ignoring all traffic regulations and feel safe and superior n the knowledge I like the pope am beyond reproach even against the humble pedestrian.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?