Main Menu

Germany loves us no longer

Started by T00ts, May 22, 2021, 02:13:21 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on May 22, 2021, 08:38:01 PM
Well they might not like us John but many do apparently wish they still had a royal family to which one wit replied "but you do,they're called Windsor" :) ;)

Indeed.

Earl Mountbatten was a man gifted with foresight.

And in common with Dr Unmoglichleben, who changed his name when he became a US citizen (check out the YouTube clips for the description of the domesday machine) he was indeed "a kraut by any other name" © General Buck Turgison ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 22, 2021, 05:10:35 PM
I thought she hated us ever since Freddie Laker dropped supplies on West Berlin to stop HER half of Germany forcing the Free half into a surrender to the Warsaw Pact.

I suppose it could have been the time before though.

Then the aircraft just set fire to a lot of stuff and went home.
Well they might not like us John but many do apparently wish they still had a royal family to which one wit replied "but you do,they're called Windsor" :) ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

I thought she hated us ever since Freddie Laker dropped supplies on West Berlin to stop HER half of Germany forcing the Free half into a surrender to the Warsaw Pact.

I suppose it could have been the time before though.

Then the aircraft just set fire to a lot of stuff and went home.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I bet she soon changes her mind, money from tourism and those in Germany that benefit, might change her mind.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I see Angela Merkel has uttered 'Nein' to Brits landing in Germany. It makes me feel like a leper. They blame the Indian variant of course which once again Boris forgot to shut the door on until it was too late.

Germ mingling at our airports threatens what vaccine is dished out while everyone is soon able to hug all and sundry. No-one had better try hugging me!