Ryanair 737 SP-RSM hijacked

Started by Barry, May 23, 2021, 11:06:24 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

SP-RSM was in Vilnius until today, when it flew to Stansted arriving at 11:38 this morning.
I suspect that it was given a good scene of crime examination in Vilnius, which may be followed by another, as Stansted is the anti-terror aircraft hub of the UK.
I hope they find some decent evidence.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

The two forced landings were not the same — Mr Morales's plane was not intercepted by fighter jets and forced to land - it was not granted permission to enter the other countries' airspaces in the first place.
Also, the Bolivian president was not travelling on a commercial, civilian passenger plane...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Quote from: Barry on May 26, 2021, 07:28:25 PM
Looks as if Belarus might be a good candidate for an encouraged or forced regime change.

They have tried that twice in the last 12 months Barry, with an attempted colour revolution last summer and a failed coup last month.
Bur why the faux outrage? the US does has done this sort of thing many times, the most remarkable in 2013 I believe when the Official Presidential plane of Bolivian President Evo Morales was forced to land in Austria and searched for the presence of Edward Snowden (who was not on board)
Guess the "Exceptional Nation" believes that the right to do such things are reserved solely for themselves. Well, clearly not.

Barry

Looks as if Belarus might be a good candidate for an encouraged or forced regime change.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 24, 2021, 09:22:34 PM

I wonder where FlightRadar get their data from ?

A genuine statement btw. I've been out of the game too long to have an answer.
Individuals all around the world have transponder receivers in their house picking up the data from the planes. They are plugged into the Internet which constantly updates the Flight Radar server.
There are also satellites plugged in to the server for over ocean flights. Those aircraft show up in blue on their maps.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on May 25, 2021, 10:47:32 AM
Ryan plane registered in Poland apparently,like I said with them it's all about the bottom line.

If it's a polish registry then it's actually owned by Buzz Air ...
Or should be.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Ryan plane registered in Poland apparently,like I said with them it's all about the bottom line.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on May 24, 2021, 11:21:36 AM
Ryanair obviously can't be that bothered.
Their Pafos to Tallinn flight has not been diverted around Belarus. I can see it now on Flight Radar 24.

I wonder where FlightRadar get their data from ?

A genuine statement btw. I've been out of the game too long to have an answer.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on May 24, 2021, 09:00:47 AM
whilst I was taking the Michael out of the eu we shouldn't ignore acts like this John,there needs to be a united response.

Ok

I hear you. And I DO understand the point.

But the facts are Putin and his thugs have free rein to murder as they please worldwide. NOBODY does anything about them.

If there is to be a United Response then it should be that on the next occasion Putin's personal aircraft takes to the skies outside his safety zone, flightradar should show it in flight and on course for some hours beyond the moment realradar shows it becomes a submarine, and a piss poor one at that.

A few well timed depth charges "accidentally" released in a "training" exercise will mess up the sonar ears the Russians have on the sea bed and if any were particularly well placed them I, and about a thousand russian dissidents, would drink to their fine aiming....

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on May 24, 2021, 11:21:36 AM
Their Pafos to Tallinn flight has not been diverted around Belarus. I can see it now on Flight Radar 24.
Ryanair just care about the bottom line,the UK have told our operators to avoid Belarus airspace.

Serious action required IMO.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 24, 2021, 03:35:04 AM
Oh I don't think we need to do much

But the passengers need to be surcharged £50 for the extra mileage.
whilst I was taking the Michael out of the eu we shouldn't ignore acts like this John,there needs to be a united response.

johnofgwent

Oh I don't think we need to do much

But the passengers need to be surcharged £50 for the extra mileage.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on May 23, 2021, 11:06:24 PM
This should get NATO and the EU working overtime.
A Ryanair Boeing 737-8 series was flying from Athens to Vilnius, which takes it across Belarus as it approaches Lithuania.
On board was Roman Protasevich, a blogger and journalist who opposes the government of Alexander Lukashenko.
He noticed unusual activity at Athens airport.

Exactly what happened over Belarus is not totally clear, but alleged KGB type agents on the plane made a bomb threat and then a fighter plane caused the aircraft to divert to Minsk, which was further away than Vilnius, which was about 20 minutes away.

When the flight landed at Minsk, Protasevich was taken off the plane and arrested.
The plane took off again about 17:45 GMT and landed at Minsk about 3/4 of an hour later.

There are several countries involved, Athens - Greece, Vilnius - Lithuania, plane registered in Poland, and of course owned by Ryanair of Eire.

This is a real poke in the eye by Belarus, backed by Putin, against the European Union.
There has to be some retaliation. What can it be?
Well it has to be a whole western world response,the eu? Perhaps send the French fisherman,Ireland could send Gerry to bore the life out of them :)

Barry

This should get NATO and the EU working overtime.
A Ryanair Boeing 737-8 series was flying from Athens to Vilnius, which takes it across Belarus as it approaches Lithuania.
On board was Roman Protasevich, a blogger and journalist who opposes the government of Alexander Lukashenko.
He noticed unusual activity at Athens airport.

Exactly what happened over Belarus is not totally clear, but alleged KGB type agents on the plane made a bomb threat and then a fighter plane caused the aircraft to divert to Minsk, which was further away than Vilnius, which was about 20 minutes away.

When the flight landed at Minsk, Protasevich was taken off the plane and arrested.
The plane took off again about 17:45 GMT and landed at Minsk about 3/4 of an hour later.

There are several countries involved, Athens - Greece, Vilnius - Lithuania, plane registered in Poland, and of course owned by Ryanair of Eire.

This is a real poke in the eye by Belarus, backed by Putin, against the European Union.
There has to be some retaliation. What can it be?

† The end is nigh †