SKY NewsCummings' account of government's handling of pandemic will be box office viewing

Started by GBNews, May 26, 2021, 01:00:18 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

I too am sorry Borchester for all those who have died, not just the elderly, all those who may well suffer long term effects not yet recognised, for all those who lost people particularly in the early days when some were messing about kidding themselves that it was not a pandemic but some sort of mass hysteria.
Some even on this forum have described the effects they have experienced from just a mild dose. They kid themselves that it has gone away and as time goes on I am afraid that it will become more and more evident that there is damage to many.
They moan now about the older generation needing care. I fear the problem will hit them in later life when they too will need care. I am sure that this and successive governments will not publish the concerns that some in the medical profession are already suspecting. My hope is that whatever medical care this country has will be up to the challenge. In my view the current NHS is not.
As to Cummings he has an axe to grind of course, but much of what he is saying can be verified by all the interviews etc right from day one. If he is lying then I am sure it will be found out.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on May 26, 2021, 01:13:54 PM
We can discount what Cummings has to say and give all sorts of reasons to support him being a liar but why should he not give 'his truth' if requested? I went into lockdown some 3 weeks before BJ instructed us and my memory is being jolted each time Cummings opens his mouth.
Many of us were glued to the announcements and news generally as we watched in horror as China and eventually Europe struggled. All the evidence of it not just being a mild flu was there for everyone to see. We were warned repeatedly as Italy succumbed. We moaned repeatedly as our airports remained open.
I don't prescribe to the 'it only kills the old uns' mantra and if it did would have taken a deep breath and waited my turn for the sake of the young guns, but it didn't. We have no idea yet just how the long term effects of the virus or even the vaccine will impact the world and in particular our dear NHS which is past it's sell by date.
We have been lucky not well managed. The vaccines have arrived in time it seems and got us out of a hole  but our overall health policies in this country are abysmal. We have quality doctors and frontline but the NHS hampers them to the point that many cannot do the job they chose.

I am sorry Toots, but what exactly did you want done? Covid 19 is a virus. Masks only work with bacteria, self isolation is fine if you want to spend the rest of your life in a bubble and all we really know about this bug is that God can be a bit of a C@@@.

The reason for the lockdowns is not that they work but that folk are demanding that something be done even if it is pointless.

The problem does not lie with the government or the NHS but with the assorted hysterics who have surrendered their dignity to an extremely unpleasant but not particularly lethal brand of the Chinese flu.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

We can discount what Cummings has to say and give all sorts of reasons to support him being a liar but why should he not give 'his truth' if requested? I went into lockdown some 3 weeks before BJ instructed us and my memory is being jolted each time Cummings opens his mouth.
Many of us were glued to the announcements and news generally as we watched in horror as China and eventually Europe struggled. All the evidence of it not just being a mild flu was there for everyone to see. We were warned repeatedly as Italy succumbed. We moaned repeatedly as our airports remained open.
I don't prescribe to the 'it only kills the old uns' mantra and if it did would have taken a deep breath and waited my turn for the sake of the young guns, but it didn't. We have no idea yet just how the long term effects of the virus or even the vaccine will impact the world and in particular our dear NHS which is past it's sell by date.
We have been lucky not well managed. The vaccines have arrived in time it seems and got us out of a hole  but our overall health policies in this country are abysmal. We have quality doctors and frontline but the NHS hampers them to the point that many cannot do the job they chose.

johnofgwent

I think the real question is WTF would you want to see Cummings on any screen big or little.

We know how this works.

Cummings whinges, and the whole Tory party calls him a momentum plant.

Who is Beth Rugby anyway ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: News on May 26, 2021, 01:00:18 AM
Cummings' account of government's handling of pandemic will be box office viewing

Was the government too late to lockdown the country, not once but twice?

Source: Cummings' account of government's handling of pandemic will be box office viewing

If you are Beth Rigby maybe, but I imagine that most of us are getting pretty bored with this flu and wish to see not merely an end of it, but all the bunnying that has gone with it.

When I was a lad and we had colds and flu and measles, my mum would stick us in a darken room, slap a dollop of Vick's Vapour rub on our chests, under our noses and (for some God unknown reason), on our foreheads and if the case were particularly serious, cover us in camomile lotion. Then she would load us up with Tizer and Fry's Five Bar chocolate and leave nature to sort matters out.

I am not sure that her therapy was overly sound, but I reckon it was as good as anything Cummings came up with and had a lot more compassion behind it. 
Algerie Francais !

GBNews

Cummings' account of government's handling of pandemic will be box office viewing

Was the government too late to lockdown the country, not once but twice?

Source: Cummings' account of government's handling of pandemic will be box office viewing