Lost the euro auto van trophy on penalties.

Started by cromwell, May 26, 2021, 11:38:43 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Ive been having a few late nights recently watching the other sporting love of my life as The Toronto Maple Leaf's tried to put to bed  a 14 year hoodoo in not winning a post season play off .
We are the equivalent in hockey to what Real Madrid are in football ,the best players , the biggest wages ect  yet we cant for 14 fecking years get past what equates to the last 32

The players choke ,year after year after year .

What a relief it is when I can forget about hockey and get back to following a winning team at the Palace  :) 

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 01, 2021, 08:27:25 AM
Sorry man city lost the final cromwell  , but i wouldnt worry about it as im sure they will win it over the next few years. Saw bits of the final , and im sorry to say what a feckin bore fest it was.

Sterling in my opinion has been , and is one of the most over rated players in world football.

What do you think of guardiola? Theres no doubt he is a fine manager , but one of the best? Im not sure. Certainly with the embarressment of riches man city have , i think you or i would be in with a chance of winning trophies with them.

I think as many say guardiola tends to overthink things , and overdo it at times. As for chelsea , sorry to say but an average team with an average manager hiding behind defensive football. How many times have we seen it over the years?

I think as we said before cromwell , world football is now simply a tussle between those with the biggest financial backers. Man city are a far better team than chelsea , i  can see city fighting again next season for the english league , but chelsea wont be.

Guardiola needs to stop overthinking the big finals like this and get his best eleven on the park , and do what they do best and attack.
Yep he did the same last year.....overthought it.
Like I say though it's not worth winning if you don't deserve it,and they didn't on the night.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 29, 2021, 10:54:08 PM
And we weren't entitled,well beaten....why did he play sterling?

Sorry man city lost the final cromwell  , but i wouldnt worry about it as im sure they will win it over the next few years. Saw bits of the final , and im sorry to say what a feckin bore fest it was.

Sterling in my opinion has been , and is one of the most over rated players in world football.

What do you think of guardiola? Theres no doubt he is a fine manager , but one of the best? Im not sure. Certainly with the embarressment of riches man city have , i think you or i would be in with a chance of winning trophies with them.

I think as many say guardiola tends to overthink things , and overdo it at times. As for chelsea , sorry to say but an average team with an average manager hiding behind defensive football. How many times have we seen it over the years?

I think as we said before cromwell , world football is now simply a tussle between those with the biggest financial backers. Man city are a far better team than chelsea , i  can see city fighting again next season for the english league , but chelsea wont be.

Guardiola needs to stop overthinking the big finals like this and get his best eleven on the park , and do what they do best and attack.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on May 29, 2021, 10:54:08 PM

I was thinking the same Cromwell . He seems to have lost the ability or the will to go past people even if he was up against the best player on the park 

cromwell

Quote from: cromwell on May 27, 2021, 08:23:54 PM
Entitlement,nobody has a right to success,not the rags,dippers city or anyone else.
Still always like to laugh at the rags expense. :D

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 27, 2021, 07:19:40 AM
Well if that was supposed to be the best of the rest ,non CL qualifiers or those that fell at the first in the premier competition it just shows that even at the 'top' there is a gap as wide as it is in our own league .

The two shots on target in the whole match were the only goals ,feck me it was like watching Palace ,  :(

That the game was decided by non footballers who wouldn't get a game on a Sunday morning on Clapham common was maybe a bit harsh on the losers though after a season of playing the dregs of Europe on a Thursday night, maybe they were expecting an easier game against a village team from Spain .   ;D ;D
Entitlement,nobody has a right to success,not the rags,dippers city or anyone else.
Still always like to laugh at the rags expense. :D

Streetwalker

Well if that was supposed to be the best of the rest ,non CL qualifiers or those that fell at the first in the premier competition it just shows that even at the 'top' there is a gap as wide as it is in our own league .

The two shots on target in the whole match were the only goals ,feck me it was like watching Palace ,  :(

That the game was decided by non footballers who wouldn't get a game on a Sunday morning on Clapham common was maybe a bit harsh on the losers though after a season of playing the dregs of Europe on a Thursday night, maybe they were expecting an easier game against a village team from Spain .   ;D ;D

cromwell