Main Menu

EU citizens in UK

Started by Nick, May 27, 2021, 05:16:07 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on May 27, 2021, 09:29:00 PM
Aside from the poorly executed police operation what sticks in my mind from that time was an interview with a bt engineer who was railing against the event and this country.

He stated that we as a former colonial power owed people like him,he was a Brazilian too.....and I thought sod off if you think anyone owes you its Portugal since they were the colonial power in Brazil.

I have never understood why any foreigner would want to live here. When things are a bit slack the BBC usually manages to find some saintly EUite who daily endures the tortures of the damned to keep the UK afloat. We don't deserve such people. They should be allowed to return to their brilliant careers and wonderful lifestyles in their home countries.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 27, 2021, 12:00:59 PM
The Irish republic has been a festering sore in our side for a century and weak willed politicians refuse to stand up to them and give them the kicking they deserve.

All an illegal has to do is get their arse to eire then get to the UK from it and they have six months free to live and work.

The most famous case to have exploited this loophole was Jean Charles de Menezez. He overstayed his tourist visa and worked illegally as an electrician, but legged it to the Irish republic and re-entered the UK from there, so when the Met claimed they'd shot an illegal immigrant, they were in fact lying.
Aside from the poorly executed police operation what sticks in my mind from that time was an interview with a bt engineer who was railing against the event and this country.

He stated that we as a former colonial power owed people like him,he was a Brazilian too.....and I thought sod off if you think anyone owes you its Portugal since they were the colonial power in Brazil.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

The Irish republic has been a festering sore in our side for a century and weak willed politicians refuse to stand up to them and give them the kicking they deserve.

All an illegal has to do is get their arse to eire then get to the UK from it and they have six months free to live and work.

The most famous case to have exploited this loophole was Jean Charles de Menezez. He overstayed his tourist visa and worked illegally as an electrician, but legged it to the Irish republic and re-entered the UK from there, so when the Met claimed they'd shot an illegal immigrant, they were in fact lying.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Over 5 million applied to stay [HIGHLIGHT]in the UK.[/HIGHLIGHT]
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Even after the settlement agreements have timed out and everyone that wants to be 'British' has filled out the form we will still have the common travel area with Eire .
I don't really see how this can continue while Eire are members of the EU with freedom of movement with the rest of Europe (bar Switzerland who rejected it yesterday )

There has to be a border between the UK and the EU somewhere  even if it is full of holes

Nick

Boris asked to assure the house EU citizens in NI that miss the deadline to register will not be booted out.

Boris response: "Over 5 million already applied to remain in NI which is strange as that is 2 million more than we thought were there in the first place."

They have clearly come via EIRE which just goes to show how secure the EU really is, let's get Donald in to stick us a fence up I say!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.