Main Menu

Charities

Started by Nick, May 27, 2021, 05:31:27 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on May 28, 2021, 05:49:45 PM
Apart from a handful and are nothing but a business and as SW describes....the whole charity system has long needed an overhaul.

I'm loathe to give to them because having done so found myself hounded to give more,if a charity does that to me they get bugger all again

I know what your saying cromwell . Over the years Ive given to various charities and have had to cut them off due to relentless pleading for more . 
I believe most of this pleading is done by online/postal  chuggers . While charity's use these commissioned services I wont be handing over my hard earned any more 

cromwell

Apart from a handful and are nothing but a business and as SW describes....the whole charity system has long needed an overhaul.

I'm loathe to give to them because having done so found myself hounded to give more,if a charity does that to me they get bugger all again
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B-4

Some charities are legit, but I would say many are setup to make money for the founders.  Some even work and operate for the establishment to shut people down for thought crimes.  Calling it a charity is a good way of funnelling cash from the government (local and central), who will directly give them tax payers money.  It just wouldn't work if it was labelled a business.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on May 27, 2021, 05:31:27 AM
How can a charity be in debt?

I'm hearing that charities are millions in debt, this can't possibly be correct.... Unless they are really money making businesses.

You raise £1 million pounds costs are paid the rest goes to the needy.
A pandemic comes along, you raise nowt, you pay nowt and the charity is no more.

How does a charity owe millions? And which bank is stupid enough to allow it?

The more well known charities have shops on every high street that have been shut for over a year ,head offices in the City ,permanent staff and ex staffs pensions to pay . As the CEO of a national charity you would be expecting north of £100K pa + bonus + pension
And that's before your charitable obligations and on going commitments

Its quite easy to see how they can run into financial  difficulties

Nick

How can a charity be in debt?

I'm hearing that charities are millions in debt, this can't possibly be correct.... Unless they are really money making businesses.

You raise £1 million pounds costs are paid the rest goes to the needy.
A pandemic comes along, you raise nowt, you pay nowt and the charity is no more.

How does a charity owe millions? And which bank is stupid enough to allow it?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.