Main Menu

Past horrors

Started by Borchester, May 28, 2021, 01:10:09 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

I hope they see that we done our best and the house they now live in for feck all was due to the graft of their old man and those that came before him

Borchester

I remember telling my father how bad things were in the thirties and he said, well, maybe not as bad as was made out. So I told him that I had read books about it and he replied, "But son, I was there!"

Needless to say I ignored him.

I reckon that the next generation will be taught about the horrors of Covid and the death carts desperately trying to clear the streets of the dead and dying and all the rest, while those of us who were there remember thinking well, it has only been six months but sod it, I will wash this mask.

The eldest grand daughter has just collared me about the Great Depression of 2008/2009 when all the banks failed and Western civilisation collapsed. And my wife said funny you should mention that, because we took our money out of the banks (because they looked so dodgy) and invested in property which turned out to be a shrewd move.

The grand daughter snarled and said that we were just a pair of ignorant fascists and snarled even more when the wife told her not to snarl because then she would get lines on her face and never marry a doctor.

I wonder how future generation will see things.
Algerie Francais !