You mean the civil service needs a few P45's?

Started by Sheepy, May 31, 2021, 09:48:48 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on June 01, 2021, 12:13:33 PM
No. The trouble with the civil service is that they run all the organisations that private enterprise can't and then collect the money to pay for it. The result is mega institutions such as the NHS that cost a fortune to run and on which the public demand yet more be spent but not by them.
Probably doesn't help all those exterminate pensions they all claim and payouts when caught out, oh ain't you an ex civil servant?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on June 01, 2021, 09:41:38 AM
The trouble with the civil service is they don't like democracy, or free thinking or people having more control over their own lives. It tends to move control away from them. So, they are very likely to make a mountain out of a molehill if they think it will give them back full control. As I kindly pointed out for Barry.
No. The trouble with the civil service is that they run all the organisations that private enterprise can't and then collect the money to pay for it. The result is mega institutions such as the NHS that cost a fortune to run and on which the public demand yet more be spent but not by them.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 31, 2021, 09:09:33 PM
No doubt there are some that are dragging their heels as we remove ourselves from  laws and legislation imposed during our 40 odd years  in the European club and those people need weeding out  but I dont think anyone was expecting it to happen overnight .
By the weekend will do   :) Union Flag
The trouble with the civil service is they don't like democracy, or free thinking or people having more control over their own lives. It tends to move control away from them. So, they are very likely to make a mountain out of a molehill if they think it will give them back full control. As I kindly pointed out for Barry.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on May 31, 2021, 09:48:48 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/post-brexit-freedoms-are-not-being-embraced-by-ministers-report-finds/ar-AAKyezY?ocid=msedgntp
I guess so then.

No doubt there are some that are dragging their heels as we remove ourselves from  laws and legislation imposed during our 40 odd years  in the European club and those people need weeding out  but I dont think anyone was expecting it to happen overnight .
By the weekend will do   :) Union Flag