Positive discrimination?

Started by T00ts, June 01, 2021, 09:44:07 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 02, 2021, 12:15:59 PM
— not only because the public can be sure they are represented

I dont see why the public need representing in the police force ,they just need to know the rules .

johnofgwent

It was Harriet Hate-Men who famously stated that middle aged middle income happily married straight white men should go to the back of the jobs queue behind any other variant of non white, any other variant of woman, and that somehow being SO unhappy with the sex organs God or Darwin's Ideology landed you with you took a cut-throat razor to yourself to amend your appearance made you s more acceptable candidate to design Britain's Nuclear Deterrent replacement than any man happy with the size of his dick ever could be.

And look where that got us ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

B-4

Quote from: patman post on June 02, 2021, 01:46:35 PM
Not sure what point that diatribe is supposed to address. But I don't see it's answering the question in the heading, or dealing with the misconception that standards need to be lowered to appoint/recruit a qualified candidate, who has additional attributes that could help build up a positive association with a community that doesn't usually regard the Met as a "service"...
Of course standards will have to be lowered.  You're prioritising skin colour over skills and competence, where somebody will be discriminated against to appease a bunch of BLM racist bigots because they're demanding special treatment for being black.  I am certain if white people were openly prioritised the same lot who are demanding black people are prioritised would be screaming racist.  So, once again Critical Race Theory (where only white people can be racist) is played out. 

That's the hypocrisy and it has been going on for years. It's a good eye opener, though.  It shows us what people are really like.

B-4

Those who endorse it do so for personal benefit.  As in, they're either black and happy with racism, white and happy with racism or just totally mad.  In the real world you can't prioritise people of a certain race whilst playing the anti-racism card.  It's classic hypocrisy and double standards, but is to be expected within this Orwellian engineered 'society'.

The Commissioner of Police is obviously as Woke corrupt as they come. She should be fired for undermining the entire police force.

patman post

Not sure what point that diatribe is supposed to address. But I don't see it's answering the question in the heading, or dealing with the misconception that standards need to be lowered to appoint/recruit a qualified candidate, who has additional attributes that could help build up a positive association with a community that doesn't usually regard the Met as a "service"...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 02, 2021, 12:15:59 PM
Police forces in the UK currently have 20,000 vacancies. All (32?) forces are recruiting. Does anyone seriously think there will be a problem other than the narrative from a few pub lawyer types?
Northern Ireland is a case in point where positive discrimination has benefited the whole community — not only because the public can be sure they are represented, but also because officers have learned to work with and accept one another...

Give us a break Pat. We both know that to be a cop in London you need to be a black transgender. There is a police training up the road from me and all the new cops seem to be teenage Indian girls who probably need their mum's permission to stay out after 7pm. Plod may well lay on a few big white lads when you go for your weekly hiding at Stoke Newington nick, but most of have to make do with sod all because the BAME want an ethnically diverse police force but want someone else to volunteer.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Police forces in the UK currently have 20,000 vacancies. All (32?) forces are recruiting. Does anyone seriously think there will be a problem other than the narrative from a few pub lawyer types?
Northern Ireland is a case in point where positive discrimination has benefited the whole community — not only because the public can be sure they are represented, but also because officers have learned to work with and accept one another...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on June 01, 2021, 09:44:07 PM
Surely discrimination is discrimination is discrimination, but apparently not so when it involves the police and your name is Cressida Dick and you have become so woke you can't sleep at night. Far be it for me to malign one of my sex, but really? She is asking for a change in the law to allow more police of colour with colour favoured even if two candidates are equally qualified, so that the pale skin loses out. Thankfully Priti Patel has knocked that on the head.

If our police force is so inept that they can't conjure up sufficient tests to finally employ the best candidate then perhaps they should hand in their posh cars, and silly hats.

all the years i have been on this forum and its forerunners , the subject of positive discrimination has come up many a time , and the general consensus after much in depth discussion was always against it in favour of who is the best for the job irresepctive of race religion colour and creed.

It used to be the labour party championing it , now it seems somehow all parties champion it.

As you say toots , discrimination is discrimination.

Appointing someone to fill a race/gender/ etc etc quota can only end in tears and lowering of standards and quality.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Surely discrimination is discrimination is discrimination, but apparently not so when it involves the police and your name is Cressida Dick and you have become so woke you can't sleep at night. Far be it for me to malign one of my sex, but really? She is asking for a change in the law to allow more police of colour with colour favoured even if two candidates are equally qualified, so that the pale skin loses out. Thankfully Priti Patel has knocked that on the head.

If our police force is so inept that they can't conjure up sufficient tests to finally employ the best candidate then perhaps they should hand in their posh cars, and silly hats.
I guess some you win and some you lose.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

People should be appointed and judged on what they do and how good they are.

Just learned the the Coldstream guards first ever black RSM has been arrested with another for selling ammunition.
He is innocent till proved otherwise,sadly if found otherwise his colour will for some be the focal point.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts