Transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard competing at Olympics is ‘ a bad joke"

Started by Thomas, June 02, 2021, 07:59:24 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on June 03, 2021, 11:27:49 PM
I don't know why you're all going on as if this were something new,did none of you ever clock some of the Russian women? competing decades ago?

I remember the Press sisters well.

Have you read Peter Ustinov's 'Romanoff And Juliet'. A satirical dig at Warsaw Pact era Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia under the Stalinist Jackboot.

It was a required reading item for the 1974 Welsh Joint Education Committee GCE 'O' level at English Literature.

Our Drama teacher conspired (no, that's unfair) with our English Mistress to stage the play for the 'A' stream group.

With me in the lead role as Igor Vadimonich Romanoff, son of the Russian Ambassador to the fictional state modelled in the three Baltic's, the 42DD daughter ...who I shall not name in full as a gentleman does not expose his conquests, not even the ones where both know they're acting, dammit .... of a Labour MP cast as Juliet (surname escapes me) daughter of the American Ambassador to the same fictional state, and a young lady of lesser hydraulics (to use Aldous Huxley's measure from Brave New World) as the woman I was expected to marry to advance within the party and keep my parents from joining "Soldier Nitzin" as he was mocked by Pravda in the real world in the Gulags.

I modelled Romanoff on Leonard Nimoys Spock, Alyson modelled Juliet on a certain Baywatch babe and Gilean modelled Igor's party-allocated betrothed on one of the Press Sisters.

We brought the house down. But we were hamming up a fictional satire on real life tragedy. Just st as the Press sisters were a product of a superpower who thought it could persuade it's people it could do anything, at any cost.

The "successes" of these individuals might have gained party most favoured status for the editor of Pravda but I doubt any Russian peasant failed to see through and spit on the "success". The west just laughed.

Sadly, this time it is Putin who sits and chuckles as our sick "society" gives legitimacy to this travesty. 

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on June 03, 2021, 11:27:49 PM
I don't know why you're all going on as if this were something new,did none of you ever clock some of the Russian women? competing decades ago?

The Soviets ,the East Germans in particular if the memory is right deliberately cheated in trying it on with performance enhancing drugs that yes made their women look like Geoff Capes .
I dont think anyone is suggesting the trans people are seeking to gain an advantage in the same way but rather that they are not legible to compete on the grounds that not only do they look like Geoff Capes but that they are Geoff Capes

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 03, 2021, 08:13:58 PM
There is the other Olympics for people not quite in the same category as the general population . Maybe the trans people could have their own section in that one .

Whilst i personally agree they belong in the Paralympics because they clearly have a medical condition that prevents them from being normal, good luck surviving the stonewall sponsored assassination when you impose this restriction !!
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

There is the other Olympics for people not quite in the same category as the general population . Maybe the trans people could have their own section in that one .

Its not that we want them to stop enjoying themselves its that we want them to stop enjoying themselves with us and compromising fair competition

johnofgwent

Lab coat time.

Not having bothered to click the link can I start by presuming this individual began life with a dick swinging between their legs and at some time thereafter had it cut off.

Ok if that is the situation other than the other way round ....

Speaking as a Biochemist it seems to me the sudden removal of their testosterone source and the vast bucket loads of female hormones poured down their necks will serious screw with their muscle tone.

And I wouldn't fancy my chances of not pissing myself in public if I hefted much more than 100kg with surgery anywhere in the pelvic area ....

For a certain type of sex pervert, this event might be highly watchable....

Barry

They have got this wrong. Plain and simple.
If in doubt a chromosome check.
XX is a woman.
XY is a man.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

QuoteTransgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard competing at Olympics is 'like a bad joke', says rival

Sticken container ship towed away from Sri Lanka's shore as it...
How Meghan Markle's baby's birth announcement will be...

Allowing transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard to compete at the Olympics is unfair and "like a bad joke", says rival Anna Vanbellinghen.

New Zealander Hubbard will become the first transgender athlete to compete at a Games after weightlifting's governing body modified qualifying requirements for Tokyo.

Hubbard, who competed in men's competitions before transitioning in 2013, still has to satisfy the New Zealand Olympic Committee of her fitness and performance standards before selection but the prospect of her participation has already raised questions.

Vanbellinghen, who competes in the same +87kg division as Hubbard, said she fully supported the transgender community but the principle of inclusion should not be "at the expense of others".

"Anyone that has trained weightlifting at a high level knows this to be true in their bones: this particular situation is unfair to the sport and to the athletes," she told Olympics news website insidethegames.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/olympics/transgender-weightlifter-laurel-hubbard-competing-at-olympics-is-like-a-bad-joke-says-rival/ar-AAKywtW?ocid=msedgntp
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!