Main Menu

EU telling porky pies

Started by Streetwalker, June 04, 2021, 06:09:24 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2021, 01:46:44 PM
All I can state is I know someone who emigrated to Australia and got a job in an abattoir. He was so disgusted at the state of the carcases he was butchering he came back to the UK.

That's just anecdotal evidence from one person. I've done mechanical refits on meat processing equipment for Morrison's. The machines were full of maggots. Doesn't mean the whole industry is like that.

Australian beef is some of the best, not up to Argentinian standards but it's still very good.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2021, 01:09:47 PM
What has that got to do with quality?

All I can state is I know someone who emigrated to Australia and got a job in an abattoir. He was so disgusted at the state of the carcases he was butchering he came back to the UK.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 05, 2021, 10:17:43 AM
No updates , we are still following the same rules

Well show me where the rule is on English law then cause we don't follow the EU's rules anymore.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2021, 01:05:43 AM
Australia and New Zealand have some of the best QC measures in the world, nearly all Japanese Wagyu beef comes from OZ, and as you know we traded with them for years until we dropped them like a stone to join the CM. Your argument doesn't wash Paps

Really:-

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/eu-referendum/tariff-free-deal-with-australia-a-betrayal-of-british-farmers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09j41v3

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 01:04:41 PM
I am informed by the ball and chain we will be having strawberries from the back garden this evening.
Yummy strawberries, I bet they went down well.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2021, 10:01:09 AM
We're now in 2021!!! Any updates?

No updates , we are still following the same rules

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 05, 2021, 06:15:08 AMI am far from anti Brexit , what I am though is anti Conservative Brexit which seems to be having a problem telling the EU to do one .
Ah well this is a little more complicated because it goes back to forming a party and making it bigger than the whole Westminster party within a month, it was then realised we weren't kidding about referendums, or supporting a democratic majority decision made by the electorate, which the Westminster then knew they couldn't rip the usual pliss on Brexit, they came out with Theresa May and a plan which we knew was just a throw the plebs a bone, so we asked everyone to accept it, as at the first opportunity we knew they would reject it and vote for a real Brexit party.
So, Boris being a wily old fox got together a band of merry old followers and spread he would do a no deal Brexit, which struck the right notes, with the electorate and said we could only vote for him or he would split the vote. Cummings would be the driving force and would sort out the civil service. We always knew they would do a deal and leave everyone else divided. It is what they do. After all it is how they have survived this long.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 05, 2021, 06:15:08 AM
'EU legislation continues to apply for 2020'

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bluefin-tuna-in-the-uk

A little more on the Tuna here from 2018  https://inews.co.uk/news/scallop-wars-french-catch-bluefin-tuna-fishing-rights-193697

I am far from anti Brexit , what I am though is anti Conservative Brexit which seems to be having a problem telling the EU to do one .

We're now in 2021!!! Any updates?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2021, 01:05:43 AM
Australia and New Zealand have some of the best QC measures in the world, nearly all Japanese Wagyu beef comes from OZ, and as you know we traded with them for years until we dropped them like a stone to join the CM. Your argument doesn't wash Paps

I am afraid the trade deal with Britain makes not such guarantees. (Which is why British farmers are worried.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2021, 01:11:26 AM
Can you show the law that states this rule is persistent after Brexit? Or is it that it hasn't been removed yet?

Lets have some backup to substantiate your ant-Brexit rhetoric.

'EU legislation continues to apply for 2020'

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bluefin-tuna-in-the-uk

A little more on the Tuna here from 2018  https://inews.co.uk/news/scallop-wars-french-catch-bluefin-tuna-fishing-rights-193697

I am far from anti Brexit , what I am though is anti Conservative Brexit which seems to be having a problem telling the EU to do one .

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 09:40:45 PM
It is illegal to fish for Tuna in UK waters.

Indeed and  if you catch some by 'accident ' they have to be thrown back . Not so for the French though who can land any bycatch of Tuna (from British waters ) in French ports

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 04, 2021, 08:23:50 PM
Thats not because there are no tuna in British waters but that UK fisherman have No quotas for tuna . Any caught have to be returned to the seas . Brexit was supposed to have sought this shite out [HIGHLIGHT]but once again the tories have been found wanting[/HIGHLIGHT]

Can you show the law that states this rule is persistent after Brexit? Or is it that it hasn't been removed yet?

Lets have some backup to substantiate your ant-Brexit rhetoric.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 07:45:13 AMJust wait until the meat imports to Britain from non EU countries start to arrive under new free trade agreements.
Currently they would not be let in due to compliance with British standards.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 04, 2021, 08:23:50 PM
Thats not because there are no tuna in British waters but that UK fisherman have No quotas for tuna . Any caught have to be returned to the seas . Brexit was supposed to have sought this shite out but once again the tories have been found wanting

It is illegal to fish for Tuna in UK waters.