Main Menu

EU telling porky pies

Started by Streetwalker, June 04, 2021, 06:09:24 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2021, 07:58:13 PM
I never eat supermarket beef.

My neighbour loves the steroid growth hormone implants in asda govans beef.

He has nae teeth left right enough after all the years of trying to chew it , but he said it keeps him fit as feck.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2021, 07:56:38 PM
If you can survive uk supermarket beef you can survive anything pappy.

I never eat supermarket beef.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2021, 07:54:03 PM
I do, not eating beef with growth promoter in it.

If you can survive uk supermarket beef you can survive anything pappy.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 05, 2021, 07:48:29 PM
You really don't know what your missing

I do, not eating beef with growth promoter in it.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 05, 2021, 07:46:08 PM
Post 19 covers it .  As for not following EU rules tell that to the people of Northern Ireland

I was going to say that earlier streetwalker.

This is where i miss ribbing stevlin member him? The screeching scouser with a chip as wide as the mersey on his shellsuit top :D

What happened to the it woz a uk referendum so the uk has to leave malarkey?

Northern ireland as you say is still literally in the EU.

Johnson still hasnt got the bottle to take them out.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2021, 02:36:16 PM
Personally I would not eat either. (Especially beef  from Argentina.)

You really don't know what your missing 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2021, 01:10:40 PM
Well show me where the rule is on English law then cause we don't follow the EU's rules anymore.

Post 19 covers it .  As for not following EU rules tell that to the people of Northern Ireland

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2021, 07:40:19 PM
The fishing industry has not been saved by the Tories, (given the numbers of bankruptcies and people thrown out of a job since January you are frankly somewhat less than informed on the subject.)
You are also not looking very deeply into the problems with Australian and Argentinian  beef.
Nice to eat is  not the best criteria to work with.

As i said up the thread pappy , im not really a big beef fan , so with the best will in the world , its not a major issue for me. I was simply agreeing with nicks earlier comment about argie and aussie beef , as thats what i had heard too.

I agree with you about the tories , its just funny reading the bbc spin on the trade deal.

Thats the good thing with this covid malarkey coming to an end though , we cann all get back to the nuts and bolts of good old day to day politics.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2021, 07:28:23 PM
I did pappy , and by and large the aussies and argies seem extremely respectable when it comes to beef.

i see the fishing industry is now saved by the tories after their deal announced only yesterday pappy.

You know what to do , if you hate argie beef or aussie burgers , get yourself a nice fresh fish from the tories.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57347874

The fishing industry has not been saved by the Tories, (given the numbers of bankruptcies and people thrown out of a job since January you are frankly somewhat less than informed on the subject.)
You are also not looking very deeply into the problems with Australian and Argentinian  beef.
Nice to eat is  not the best criteria to work with.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2021, 07:20:08 PM
I suggest you look deeper. (Seriously.)

I did pappy , and by and large the aussies and argies seem extremely respectable when it comes to beef.

i see the fishing industry is now saved by the tories after their deal announced only yesterday pappy.

You know what to do , if you hate argie beef or aussie burgers , get yourself a nice fresh fish from the tories.

QuoteBrexit: UK announces trade deal with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein

The UK has signed a post-Brexit trade deal with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, the government has announced.

The agreement will be a major boost for trade between the four non-EU nations, which is already worth £21.6bn, UK minister Liz Truss said.

She claimed it would boost sectors such as digital and cut tariffs on UK farm products such as cheese and meat.

Britain is Norway's top trading partner outside the European Union (EU).

The UK government said reduced import tariffs on shrimps, prawns and haddock would cut costs for UK fish processing, helping to support jobs in Scotland, East Yorkshire and northern Lincolnshire.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57347874

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2021, 05:43:41 PM
I have and both have a long record of high standards that is internationally renowned as far as i can see.

I suggest you look deeper. (Seriously.)

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2021, 04:33:21 PM
I would suggest doing some research on that. Personally I would not eat any meat either country produced and my concerns are legitimate.

I have and both have a long record of high standards that is internationally renowned as far as i can see.

Im not really much of a beef eater anyway pappy , my favourite red meat being lamb.

......but your concerns are noted paps , and rest assured i will be wary the next time im in the local supermarket .

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2021, 03:02:21 PM
Thats your personal choice though , but it doesnt detract from the fact as nick says aussie and argie beef are among the best in the world.

I would suggest doing some research on that. Personally I would not eat any meat either country produced and my concerns are legitimate.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 05, 2021, 02:36:16 PM

Thats your personal choice though , but it doesnt detract from the fact as nick says aussie and argie beef are among the best in the world.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2021, 02:09:57 PM

Australian beef is some of the best, not up to Argentinian standards but it's still very good.