Main Menu

EU telling porky pies

Started by Streetwalker, June 04, 2021, 06:09:24 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on June 07, 2021, 02:38:28 AM
No one gives a flying about the union except the MP's. Most would be happy to let the UK dissolve and see just how resilient Scotland, Wales and NI are. Go for it.

Well, Plaid just played the independence card to the max and lost seats as a result. To Labour, admittedly, but they still lost them.

I think England and Wales should get a referendum on throwing Scotland to the wolves. I suspect many would vote to do so.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on June 07, 2021, 02:46:32 AM

No, the mainland is Asia, and all other countries are island to that. As for the references to YOUR country, you pointed out on the old forum that you have lived in England for a few years, when does it become your country??

What are you going on about now nick?  :D

Are you accusing me of being english?

Borkie and me are just pulling each others legs for a laugh. Politics is boring at the minute , so we need something to talk about.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on June 07, 2021, 02:38:28 AM
No one gives a flying about the union except the MP's. Most would be happy to let the UK dissolve and see just how resilient Scotland, Wales and NI are. Go for it.

I think we all understand that nick , and i have said that myself many a time. Thats why your party you support is called the conservative and unionist party , not to mention the various other british parties are all pro union as we know.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2021, 01:30:02 PMBorkie mate , hate to break it to you in your london centric delusion  , but the mainland is europe. You are on a wee island off the mainland just like ireland , and as i keep telling you your wee country makes up only 40 % of the land  of those islands off the mainland.

No, the mainland is Asia, and all other countries are island to that. As for the references to YOUR country, you pointed out on the old forum that you have lived in England for a few years, when does it become your country??
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2021, 08:45:53 AMI dont think bojo offloading paddy to brussells is going to quite wash with the party faithfull who want to see the empire being rebuilt , not giving away bits of it to johnny foreigner.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on June 06, 2021, 07:08:17 PM
Yeah saw that,pot and kettle springs to mind.

I don't want to eat meat from America because of safety issues.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 06:57:48 PM
It  seem odd that America had asked Australia to clean up it act if it wished to export beef to America. (BBC Country File, just now.)
Yeah saw that,pot and kettle springs to mind.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 06, 2021, 06:46:08 PM
As far as I can make out, the EU restrictions (and now UK restrictions too since they passed into UK law at Brexit) are out of date. They referred to old chemicals and practices. Current growth hormones release minute amounts of progesterone, and testosterone — female hormones for male cattle and male hormones for female cattle. From the amounts actually found in the edible meat, the consumer is likely to consume more estrogen in one natural free range boiled egg than from the Sunday joint....

It  seem odd that America had asked Australia to clean up it act if it wished to export beef to America. (BBC Country File, just now.)

patman post

As far as I can make out, the EU restrictions (and now UK restrictions too since they passed into UK law at Brexit) are out of date. They referred to old chemicals and practices. Current growth hormones release minute amounts of progesterone, and testosterone — female hormones for male cattle and male hormones for female cattle. From the amounts actually found in the edible meat, the consumer is likely to consume more estrogen in one natural free range boiled egg than from the Sunday joint....
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2021, 01:30:02 PM
mainlanders?

:D

Borkie mate , hate to break it to you in your london centric delusion  , but the mainland is europe.

Nah, that is Wee Krankie's fantasy Tommy. She might approve of the idea of getting the police to release illegal immigrants and turn the streets of Glasgow over to mob rule, but most right thinking people realise that Europe is an island off Dover.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 06, 2021, 12:27:02 PM

Dunno. I think most mainlanders just see NI as a festering sore and if the EU wants it, well tough on the EU but that is show business.

mainlanders?

Borkie mate , hate to break it to you in your london centric delusion  , but the mainland is europe. You are on a wee island off the mainland just like ireland , and as i keep telling you your wee country makes up only 40 % of the land  of those islands off the mainland.

Quotesee NI as a festering sore and if the EU wants it, well tough on the EU but that is show business.

You anglo tories talk a good show borkie , but when push comes to shove mate , as they say empty vessells make the loudest noise.

What you waiting for then?

Subsidising a 6 county  province by a bigger annual margin than the eu membership you complained about incessantly , spending 30 years sending over soldiers to boot the paddies into place as loyal british , and you tell us you dont want it.

LMFAO. I know mate i know , you didnt want the empire either.

QuoteOr maybe we could give the place to Scotland?

give it to us then pal , and we will hand it over to the irish.

QuoteThe Scots moved to Ulster to set up the plantations and after four hundred years still haven't twigged that it won't work.

Ah the great english book of historical revision. Is ulster and its problems all our fault as well as the empire? ;D

Mary tudor set up the plantations of ireland half a century before anglified jamie stuart was offered your throne. He then sent all the undesireables  from scotland over to ireland , and very quickly it became apparent the scots and irish , who both spoke the same language  , became great pals and set about causing even more problems for westmisnter.

So much so they had to pass laws banning those scots protestants in ireland from holding a job in law customs excise or even the army as they intermarried with the irish catholics.
Still, it would keep Wee Krankie busy while she thinks up reasons to duck Indy2.

possibly , but just remember borkie the old adage. Krankie wont always be in charge , and rememebr  , we only have to win once , you have to win every time..... ;)

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2021, 08:45:53 AM

You keep making excuses for bojo , but lets be honest borkie , northern ireland is a festering sore that is annoying english pride over the fact the EU have annexed it

[/quote]

Dunno. I think most mainlanders just see NI as a festering sore and if the EU wants it, well tough on the EU but that is show business.

Or maybe we could give the place to Scotland? The Scots moved to Ulster to set up the plantations and after four hundred years still haven't twigged that it won't work. Still, it would keep Wee Krankie busy while she thinks up reasons to duck Indy2.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2021, 10:49:22 PM
Give them the choice: Either stick a fence up or unify the island.

You can't run with the Fox and hunt with the hounds.

Thats what i said nick , but unfortunately boris has chosen the middle ground of looking extremely weak and bottling it .

He could have taken charge of the situation and gambled on a referendum , which would have left the choice in the hands of the northern irish instead boris has caved in to EU demands.

Had the northern irish voted to remain in the uk , the fence would have went up , if not , problem solved once and for all. Instead , it rumbles on and on.

Unionism is extremely angry about the situation in northern ireland , while the media try and keep schtum about it  and borkie tries to put a brave face on tory cowardice.

The whole world has just watched the EU and wee ireland rag doll the uk all over the place on the 6 counties. EU law and citizenship still reigns sureme in belfast. :D

Uk vote they said , so the uk must leave lmfao.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 05, 2021, 10:03:16 PM
To be fair, like a lot of others, Boris might be happy to unload NI on the EU.

I dont think bojo offloading paddy to brussells is going to quite wash with the party faithfull who want to see the empire being rebuilt , not giving away bits of it to johnny foreigner.

You keep making excuses for bojo , but lets be honest borkie , northern ireland is a festering sore that is annoying english pride over the fact the EU have annexed it and bojo , despite promising arlene and co  that brexit was a uk vote so the "entire" uk will leave , has once again turned tail and bottled it.

of course its giving us more ammuniton as well. Any middle class scot who is 50 /50 about independence is now mightily angry about northern ireland getting to stay in the eu while scotland is taken out.

...and thats before you even start on the likes of quackers and patbox who think parts of england should be allowed to remain in the eu too.

So bojo needs to hope that labour remain incompetent , and the snp are stalemated , while trying to make a success of brexit and the tories winning elections.

one tiny slip up borkie , and its gone mate. I reckon you are slowly getting squeezed between the eu and scot indy , and it will be interesting to see what gives first.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 05, 2021, 10:43:52 PM
Argentinian cows are ate driven across the plains from the moment they are born. They don't need hormones as they gave so much space to roam they bulk up quickly and don't catch diseases.

" Because they are free to roam and graze on the nourishing grass, Argentinian cows are less likely to get or spread disease. ... Pampas-raised cattle aren't unnaturally rushed to fatten up as quickly as possible, which can weaken a cows' immunity. As a result, Argentinian beef makes for some of the best steaks in the world."

You need to look beyond your prejudices.

It is Australian beef that has growth promoters. Argentina has endemic cattle diseases that is fact NOT prejudice.

https://www.foodservicefootprint.com/antibiotic-warning-over-australia-trade-deal/
The letter noted that Australia continues to use five different antibiotics (avilamycin, bambermycin, monensin, olaquindox and salinomycin) as growth promoters in cattle, pigs, poultry and sheep. Using antibiotics as growth promoters is banned in the UK and the EU, and from next year the EU will also ban the importation of meat and dairy produced with antibiotic growth promoters.