Main Menu

EU telling porky pies

Started by Streetwalker, June 04, 2021, 06:09:24 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on July 31, 2021, 12:20:45 PM

been over all this before. No one trusts the uk and never have done outside the delusion of a few fantasists. On top of that , the english dont care who does or doesnt trust them.

It all depends what the yanks say as i have said time and again. If the yanks say westmisnter must respect the NI protocol , then westminster will kiss american arse.

If not , then westminster will do as it pleases.

Not so sure about the influence of the Yanks. Telling Biden to F@@@ off won't lose Boris many votes.

But as to the rest I reckon you have a point. We have been lying to Johnny Foreigner for centuries and they have been lying to us and both sides take it in their stride. As Sir Humphrey said, it is called diplomacy.

Dunno about Scotland. I reckon it will be given independence in everything but name. Betty Windsor, who is quite fond of the place, will remain Queen but taxation, laws, and such will be devolved to Holyrood. The real problem is that poor little Nick's followers are a hard, literal lot and probably won't give her credit for whatever she manages.No one cares about northern ireland in any way outwith a few unionists and brit nats. Sadly for you and other remainers , it hasnt turned out to be the achillies heel you thought would stop or reign in brexit in any way as the majority would rather ditch the place than accept eu membership or BRINO.

Outwith the delusional and other brain dead clowns , we all know how it is going to end for the 6 counties .The place is a ticking timebomb for unionists with the end game reunification and we all know it.

There isnt one single county in northern ireland where unionism has over 50% majority in terms of voting.

been over all this before. No one trusts the uk and never have done outside the delusion of a few fantasists. On top of that , the english dont care who does or doesnt trust them.

Come on Tommy. We are reduced to arguing about the UK v EU sausage war and it is getting very dull. What is going on north of the border? Can we expect an SNP civil war? If you don't know make something up. We are bored shitless this end.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on July 31, 2021, 11:22:05 AM
My point wasn't to rake over the coals,

It seems that way to me gerry.

The psychology behind what passes as debate in your posts baffles me incredibly.

Brexiters on this forum are a lost cause to you , you wont change opinions on here. On top of that , i have pointed out incessantly to you the stupidity of lecturing folk on how daft they were to vote tory or brexit. Its a self defeating excercise.

Thirdly , as i keep pointing out , there is no realistic possiblity of brexit being reversed or agreements between the westminster establishment and the eu to provide pro europeans like yourself with some sort of BRINO apparatus to work within  in the next decade.

Thats all im saying to you gerry , its apointless task and thankless debate on your part.

Quotebut to point out the WA and in particular the NI-Protocol are not agreements which a) the uk can unilaterally ignore/alter or b) try to say they didnt understand or feel the eu are over zealous in its execution.

This is the very definition of re raking over the old coals.

No one cares about northern ireland in any way outwith a few unionists and brit nats. Sadly for you and other remainers , it hasnt turned out to be the achillies heel you thought would stop or reign in brexit in any way as the majority would rather ditch the place than accept eu membership or BRINO.

Outwith the delusional and other brain dead clowns , we all know how it is going to end for the 6 counties .The place is a ticking timebomb for unionists with the end game reunification and we all know it.

There isnt one single county in northern ireland where unionism has over 50% majority in terms of voting.

QuoteI have heard all the above as reasons for triggering Art16, but in very simple terms the uk haven't fulfilled the commitments as part of these agreements. So how can the uk say there has been allowable reasons to set aside the agreement, it goes against what the UK people and uk govt freely signed up to.
What the EU will expect is the UK to first implement the NI-Protocol as set out, and then use the mechanism within the agreement, the joint committee to address issues.
You might say well what if the UK don't do that. In that case the EU I guess will respond proportionately, maybe excessively high tariffs on all car parts, which the EU can do if the UK again take unilateral decisions.
But what is far worse for the UK is what the rest of the world would do, the UK's reputation would be greatly diminished, who could trust them. This is why I think Johnson will again back down.

It all depends what the yanks say as i have said time and again. If the yanks say westmisnter must respect the NI protocol , then westminster will kiss american arse.

If not , then westminster will do as it pleases.

I have no wish that the UK rejoins, that day has passed and I doubt in my life time I will see it.

Then why on earth do you spend every waking minute of your time on this forum in the eu section arguing a pro remain / pro eu stance.????

You lost that argument in 2016 , and increasingly have lost the arguments ever since.Move on.

QuoteBut I do expect to see a united Ireland and an Independent Scotland.

i expect the former but arent sure about the latter especially under the sturgeon regime.

Scottish politics is bogged down in internal snp infighting and the yes movement increasingly becoming angered , with the pro union parties now almost exclusively suported by the over 60`s. Labour  , again in scotland , are no where to be seen and on the verge of extinction.
Not so sure about Wales but they could also take independence if England politics stays in the crapper its in at the moment

Doubt it very much. The welsh are still bedded to the labour party and seem to be stuck in a perpetual  political coma.

Face it gerry , brexit is done and dusted , and shows no sign in the near future of being reversed or attitudes changing . If anything , i see the EU becoming even more of a bogeyman and the great enemy rather than the reverse sadly for the likes of you.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on July 31, 2021, 10:58:58 AM
re raking over the coals of brexit time and again is a pointless task gerry. Let it go and move on .

The popular opinion of the english public , who as you know make up the majority uk population overwhelmingly , are still against eu membership. England/uk cannot rejoin and save face in the near future even if that was a political possibility , and its not.

Covid looks like dominating the political scene for the majority of the rest of this year , labour are in turmoil as ever , in a never ending downwards spiral with starmer currently having the begging bowl out asking wealthy donors to save labour from bankruptcy , and membership crashing.

So it looks like the current status quo will be maintained for the next three years to the general election , and labour look like they are going to stick stupidly with starmer , who will lead them to disaster , and the tories will win another handsome majority , which will take us to the end of this decade.

I can't see the uk rejoining or doing any meangfull  deals that would give you BRINO over the next decade at least.

So sitting on this forum constantly re raking over the coals of the referendum from 5 years ago , and telling people how stupid they have been really is laughable.

My point wasn't to rake over the coals, but to point out the WA and in particular the NI-Protocol are not agreements which a) the uk can unilaterally ignore/alter or b) try to say they didnt understand or feel the eu are over zealous in its execution.

I have heard all the above as reasons for triggering Art16, but in very simple terms the uk haven't fulfilled the commitments as part of these agreements. So how can the uk say there has been allowable reasons to set aside the agreement, it goes against what the UK people and uk govt freely signed up to.
What the EU will expect is the UK to first implement the NI-Protocol as set out, and then use the mechanism within the agreement, the joint committee to address issues.
You might say well what if the UK don't do that. In that case the EU I guess will respond proportionately, maybe excessively high tariffs on all car parts, which the EU can do if the UK again take unilateral decisions.
But what is far worse for the UK is what the rest of the world would do, the UK's reputation would be greatly diminished, who could trust them. This is why I think Johnson will again back down.

I have no wish that the UK rejoins, that day has passed and I doubt in my life time I will see it. But I do expect to see a united Ireland and an Independent Scotland. Not so sure about Wales but they could also take independence if England politics stays in the crapper its in at the moment.

Thomas

QuoteKeir Starmer seeks billionaire cash as Labour struggles to pay staff

Sir Keir Starmer is trying to persuade wealthy donors, including the founder of the outsourcing company Capita, to donate money in an effort to repair the Labour Party's finances as staff threaten strike action.

The Labour leader has spoken to a member of the Sainsbury family and to a billionaire property developer as staff at the party HQ face redundancy.

Others who are being asked for donations include an heiress to the Tetra Pak fortune, the granddaughter of the founder of River Island, and the former executive chairman of Capita.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aa1b4bd6-f15c-11eb-8f01-2c678acbb979?shareToken=d683f79ac3064c51d3a12eb76cc9f149

Labour have lost something akin to 120 000 members in under a year of starmers leadership , and the party ranks are filled with incompetence on a scale i have never seen in my life from leadership downwards.

The uk public support , primarily in england , for brexit hasnt moved in any meangfull way over 5 years , and even if it had , there is no pro eu party in any position to do something about it.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on July 31, 2021, 08:40:23 AM
I am not bothered either way, I was merely pointing out that your ridiculous statement about Ireland finding a new market for 40% of its beef has been proved wrong.
I linked a document showing the beef sales increasing, which countries had fallen sales (england) and which countries had increased sales. Wheres your "proof"

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on July 30, 2021, 05:31:58 PM
You knew what you had when you were a member, you were told a pack of lies on which a decision was based to leave when you knew you had. That has been touted as "the democratic decision of the people"

But the people then voted the Johnson govt in on a mandate to get brexit done, which Johnson went and struct a deal, which is now turning into a crock of crap, but the Govt overwhelmingly signed off on. Thats the will of the people. How can Johnson now decide, on his own that what the people wanted is not what he wants and he's going to change it.

What happened to the will of the people, it's what they wanted, the fantastic deal (according to Johnson) that was oven baked and ready to go.

re raking over the coals of brexit time and again is a pointless task gerry. Let it go and move on .

The popular opinion of the english public , who as you know make up the majority uk population overwhelmingly , are still against eu membership. England/uk cannot rejoin and save face in the near future even if that was a political possibility , and its not.

Covid looks like dominating the political scene for the majority of the rest of this year , labour are in turmoil as ever , in a never ending downwards spiral with starmer currently having the begging bowl out asking wealthy donors to save labour from bankruptcy , and membership crashing.

So it looks like the current status quo will be maintained for the next three years to the general election , and labour look like they are going to stick stupidly with starmer , who will lead them to disaster , and the tories will win another handsome majority , which will take us to the end of this decade.

I cant see the uk rejoining or doing any meangfull  deals that would give you BRINO over the next decade at least.

So sitting on this forum constantly re raking over the coals of the referendum from 5 years ago , and telling people how stupid they have been really is laughable.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 31, 2021, 08:56:36 AM
My hatred of the EU is based on historic facts. The French and German banks consistently broke the rules whilst the City stuck to the rules. Guess what! The EU courts ruled against the UK banks every time.

French farmers burning UK trucks....... The list goes on

If history has taught us anything it is that Britain waives the rules.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on July 29, 2021, 03:41:36 PM
Not that long ago really. But the difference is my opinions are based on historical facts. Most fears about the EU are based on lies. Decades of uk media publishing all sorts of untruths about the EU, including your glorious leader.

My hatred of the EU is based on historic facts. The French and German banks consistently broke the rules whilst the City stuck to the rules. Guess what! The EU courts ruled against the UK banks every time.

French farmers burning UK trucks....... The list goes on
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on July 28, 2021, 11:01:37 AMhe seemed to be delighting that we had dropped 40% of our exports to GB.

I am not bothered either way, I was merely pointing out that your ridiculous statement about Ireland finding a new market for 40% of its beef has been proved wrong.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 30, 2021, 11:01:01 AM
The leave campaign was run by the tories so what did you expect ?
You knew what you had when you were a member, you were told a pack of lies on which a decision was based to leave when you knew you had. That has been touted as "the democratic decision of the people"

But the people then voted the Johnson govt in on a mandate to get brexit done, which Johnson went and struct a deal, which is now turning into a crock of crap, but the Govt overwhelmingly signed off on. Thats the will of the people. How can Johnson now decide, on his own that what the people wanted is not what he wants and he's going to change it.

What happened to the will of the people, it's what they wanted, the fantastic deal (according to Johnson) that was oven baked and ready to go.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2021, 07:39:56 AM
As were the leave campaign.

The leave campaign was run by the tories so what did you expect ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 29, 2021, 05:31:39 PM
Feck me Jerry the remoaners were taking gold medals for lying in the run up to the referendum

As were the leave campaign.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on July 29, 2021, 05:06:42 PM
You will learn, eventually, Gerry. It will just take a little time.

Ditto

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on July 29, 2021, 03:41:36 PM
Not that long ago really. But the difference is my opinions are based on historical facts. Most fears about the EU are based on lies. Decades of uk media publishing all sorts of untruths about the EU, including your glorious leader.

Feck me Jerry the remoaners were taking gold medals for lying in the run up to the referendum , 3 million jobs will be lost (we cant find enough people for the jobs we have on offer )
A recession  ( even with covids help it never happened )

Maybe a few paddy's will come over like in the old days to fill the jobs , (at least the pubs will recover ) it will probably look like a good move when the EU nails your country to the floor ,takes control of your corporation tax and tells you how far you have to bend over when our deficient tories stop propping up EUs coffers .

Who will be the next to leave ?