Brexit: UK announces trade deal with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein

Started by Borchester, June 04, 2021, 03:37:08 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

These addition deals give the U.K. 68 trade deals with non EU countries, that compares with the EU'S 36 deals with non EU countries. Where are all the doom mongers now who were spouting it takes 5 years to agree a deal. No, it takes a block with 27 members 5 years to agree a deal.

Bring on the Down under and US deals, all this about decimating U.K. farming is nonsense. The TV was riddled with adverts for New Zealand lamb and the like when I was a nipper, farmers did ok then. Maybe they have grown soft having it easy for too long being paid to sit on their arses and grows nothing.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 05:38:28 PM
The Kirkella has not done any fishing for months because her permit to fish in Norwegian waters was lost because of Brexit. That permit appears not to be in the trade deal.

On satellite tracking it is on its way to Norway.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 04, 2021, 04:36:30 PM
There probably won't need to apply for a licence. The Kirkella is a floating icebox so probably won't need to do much fishing. The British Trawlers will just sneak in, plunder the Norwegian fishing grounds and unload their catch onto the Kirkella

The Kirkella has not done any fishing for months because her permit to fish in Norwegian waters was lost because of Brexit. That permit appears not to be in the trade deal.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2021, 04:19:55 PM
No mention at all of about the licensing of the Kirkella to fish off of Norway.

There probably won't need to apply for a licence. The Kirkella is a floating icebox so probably won't need to do much fishing. The British Trawlers will just sneak in, plunder the Norwegian fishing grounds and unload their catch onto the Kirkella
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 04, 2021, 03:37:08 PM
Do you know what this means?

Nor do I. Probably sod all but Liz Truss is pleased and that is usually a good thing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57347874 

No mention at all of about the licensing of the Kirkella to fish off of Norway.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Do you know what this means?

Nor do I. Probably sod all but Liz Truss is pleased and that is usually a good thing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57347874 
Algerie Francais !