wetherspoons boss wants more european immigration

Started by Thomas, June 06, 2021, 09:04:37 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

As i understood it , the tores had EU migration into the uk through the roof during their first five years in power. Luckily for them they had freedom of movement and the eu as a usefull tool to blame , and then the english people slapped them in the face in 2016 with brexit . The rest is history as we know.

Covid now has been a usefull cover for migration. Non eu migration into the uk for the first time since blairs term in power in 2003 outstripped eu migration in 2019 , then the virus hit , and a large chunk of migration stopped .

As i say , the excuses are wearing thin very fast , covid is coming under control slowly but surely , so it will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

I suspect the problem of mass immigration into the uk isnt going away mate , and ukip/brexit party or something like them will be needed again in the future to give the tories and labour another slap in the face in your country.

The underlying problems in your democracy havent went away with brexit , they are merely pushed into the background  , and the two westminster parties will be back at the trough soon enough business as usual.

Patel is a muppet , soundbites for the gullible in the tory rags as shes tickles the problem of immigration with a feather.

You said it all the time i have known you online .....never trust a tory. Not once in my life have i voted them nor will i.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 06, 2021, 05:26:01 PM
Patel is proving to be worse than useless , does anyone know what the immigration policy of our government is ?  And as for illegal crossings of the Channel its  a bad enough without sending out 'border force '  vessels to ferry them half way across .

When I was active in UKIP the immigration question was a regular topic of discussion particularly the points based system . It was pretty much agreed across the board that this would be the system that UKIP would support  or implement on (dont laugh ) being elected .
This would have meant people in  industries that need workers would get more points when asking to come to the UK . It would be up to those industries to lobby government .

This is what Tim Martin is doing , its what Farmers are doing in asking for allowances for crop pickers . It is a really simple system that works without discriminating against Nationals from anywhere in the world if implemented correctly .

Unfortunately the tories don't seem to have been able to get to grips with it , Its not a Brexit problem but that the Tories have failed to understand exactly what they took on when they 'shot UKIP's fox'

Thats a fair post mate, as usual with the tories , its all hot air  , noise and bluster and little or no action regarding immigration.

They have been in government for 11 years , and have failed regarding immigration at practically every turn.

The needs of the various countires and business of the uk are different , and now we have finally left the EU , they cant keep blaming brussells , and once covid is finally under wraps , its these issues that are going to again ignite into action on a daily basis.

Im sure you wont agree but i genuinely think migration should now be in the hands of the various devloved governments , and as you say for your country , immigration into england needs seriously looked at.

I made the point many a time to the likes of john of gwent blair famously gets pillared about the mass immigration from eastern europe from his time in power , all unwanted and unasked for by the english people , but we mustnt forget the tories long part in mass immigration into the uk over the decades either.

Patel is worse than useless , and as i said one of the good things of leaving the eu is the failure now of tory spin doctors for blaming freedom of movement to hide their own ineptitude .

The simple fact of the matter is the tories dont want to get to grip with uncontrolled mass immigration into your country streetwalker. Its that simple .

Hijacking brexit and johnson uncanny luck have given the tories a new lease of life for the minute , but their luck wont last forever. Without brexit , prior to 2017 they were looking stale and tired like the labour party , until johnson rumbled may and jumped on the brexit bandwagon.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2021, 09:30:56 AM

Priti patel wont let migrants in through the usual routes  allegedly , but she is of course turning a blind eye if you rock up on hastings beach in a dingy.

Patel is proving to be worse than useless , does anyone know what the immigration policy of our government is ?  And as for illegal crossings of the Channel its  a bad enough without sending out 'border force '  vessels to ferry them half way across .

When I was active in UKIP the immigration question was a regular topic of discussion particularly the points based system . It was pretty much agreed across the board that this would be the system that UKIP would support  or implement on (dont laugh ) being elected .
This would have meant people in  industries that need workers would get more points when asking to come to the UK . It would be up to those industries to lobby government .

This is what Tim Martin is doing , its what Farmers are doing in asking for allowances for crop pickers . It is a really simple system that works without discriminating against Nationals from anywhere in the world if implemented correctly .

Unfortunately the tories don't seem to have been able to get to grips with it , Its not a Brexit problem but that the Tories have failed to understand exactly what they took on when they 'shot UKIP's fox'

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 12:47:20 PM
Channel 4 report on Brexit labour shortages:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXbiDpgtmk4&t=191s
Because it is utter bollox, there are 2 million EU citizens nobody even knew about living here, so what the feck are they doing then?
They can't all be living the high life in Scotland and voting for Nicola.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 02:34:11 PM
If you think with my age and decrepitude I am going to risk my life and that of others you are VERY much mistaken.

Decrepit? I am two years older than you but still ready to crawl up to my allotment, drink coffee and pay someone else to crack on.

Sometimes Pappy, I wonder if you realise what a day's work is.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 06, 2021, 02:35:22 PM
Machinery? The only machinery we had was a kick up the arse from the gangmaster and a few half crowns, half of which turned out to be Irish.

That proves you know precisely nothing about the current situation.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 02:30:00 PM
How many decades ago did you do any crop picking? (Seriously)
It would be bloody dangerous to drag just anyone off the "dole" queue, and think that could do the job safely due to risks involved getting run over or trapped in the machinery.
It is also very hard back breaking work. The majority of people would not last an hour.

Machinery? The only machinery we had was a kick up the arse from the gangmaster and a few half crowns, half of which turned out to be Irish.

God, what it was to be young and have real child labour.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 06, 2021, 02:31:33 PM
That is no excuse for skiving off in your country's hour of need.

If you think with my age and decrepitude I am going to risk my life and that of others you are VERY much mistaken.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 02:23:46 PM
You nasty bastard I have been retired for years.

That is no excuse for skiving off in your country's hour of need.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2021, 02:25:28 PM
will you two stop taking the piss? This is a serious thread about a serious subject.

Can you explain that to Borchester please.  I post a video and he very obviously could not be bothered to watch it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 06, 2021, 01:02:37 PM

I have picked peas and fruit and the problem isn't the shortage of workers but the farmers deeply ingrained belief that pickers should work for f**k all, paid late.

How many decades ago did you do any crop picking? (Seriously)
It would be bloody dangerous to drag just anyone off the "dole" queue, and think that could do the job safely due to risks involved getting run over or trapped in the machinery.
It is also very hard back breaking work. The majority of people would not last an hour.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 02:23:46 PM

will you two stop taking the piss? This is a serious thread about a serious subject.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 06, 2021, 01:02:37 PM
And Pappy has spent the last 18 months hiding from employment

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2021, 09:30:56 AM
You know whats coming  , borkie will be along any minute to tell you the lazy feckless unemployed should be dragged out their beds to lift glasses and pick turnips.

Priti patel wont let migrants in through the usual routes  allegedly , but she is of course turning a blind eye if you rock up on hastings beach in a dingy.

I can't see why the lazy bastards are allowed to go to bed. And Pappy has spent the last 18 months hiding from employment so I reckon it is time he got off his hypochondriac arse and did some work.

I have picked peas and fruit and the problem isn't the shortage of workers but the farmers deeply ingrained belief that pickers should work for F@@@ all, paid late.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf