Main Menu

NHS data sharing

Started by Barry, June 06, 2021, 12:56:43 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 06, 2021, 08:52:36 PM
I dont see what the problem is in sharing data . Nothing personal is being divulged
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9646151/NHS-records-shared-secretive-tech-giant-campaigners-warn.html
Do as you think is best at least know what you are actually giving away. Just because you are told one thing by Government departments, it doesn't mean they are telling you the truth
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 07:07:55 PM
The data is going to be made accessible to "third parties." There was no way I was going to agree to that.
I guess it would be unnerving to think your identifiable data might be passed to the Natural History Museum's dinosaur dept...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 07:07:55 PM
The data is going to be made accessible to "third parties." There was no way I was going to agree to that.

I dont see what the problem is in sharing data . Nothing personal is being divulged

B-4

So, by default the NHS will breach everyone's privacy.  Speechless.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 06, 2021, 05:12:13 PM
We've okayed our data use. Seems little enough to do to help with keeping people fit and healthy

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

I may be mistaken but as far as I was aware, no individual's data passed on was to be identifiable. The info passed over was to be gender, medical record, DOB, place of birth, current locality, ethnicity.
The request for name, age, NHS number or postcode was said to be only to ensure the agreement or otherwise for the data to be used is from legit respondents...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

I am not so sure how selling your medical records to anyone with enough money to bombard you with advertising selling you snake oil to cure your every ill is actually a good thing, but I guess somebody must think it is.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 06, 2021, 05:12:13 PM
We've okayed our data use. Seems little enough to do to help with keeping people fit and healthy — even the surly misfits who reckon it's one more step to total mind control, or something...

Ditto that Posty , We all should be doing our bit , however little , in progressing the health of the nation

patman post

We've okayed our data use. Seems little enough to do to help with keeping people fit and healthy — even the surly misfits who reckon it's one more step to total mind control, or something...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 06, 2021, 12:56:43 PM
People have until 23rd June to decide whether they wish to allow the NHS to share their data.
This link takes you to the NHS page to make your choice.
https://your-data-matters.service.nhs.uk/
The default for the NHS is that they WILL share your data.

My wife and I opted out as soon we heard about it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

People have until 23rd June to decide whether they wish to allow the NHS to share their data.
This link takes you to the NHS page to make your choice.
https://your-data-matters.service.nhs.uk/
The default for the NHS is that they WILL share your data.
† The end is nigh †