Main Menu

NHS data sharing

Started by Barry, June 06, 2021, 12:56:43 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 07, 2021, 08:32:28 PM
Bojo-The-Clown is.
Well to be fair, if he thought he could get away with it he might well do, after all Blair got away with it, the Labour Left were so dense, they still didn't know a couple of decades later, until through their screaming and threats it was pointed out for them, on the other hand of course they would string Blair up these days given just half a chance. Even Corbyn didn't tell them. Don't get me wrong, they are as dense as ever when we have told them for years not to keep putting the NHS under more stress importing half the world, they are already the world's 5th largest employer.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on June 07, 2021, 07:55:21 PM
Not even the Tories here are that stupid,

Bojo-The-Clown is.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on June 07, 2021, 07:29:36 PM
Just wait until the NHS is sold to American medical insurance companies.
Not even the Tories here are that stupid, they might well be backing the slow but sure breaking off bits for profit, but they would end up strung up with their government pals.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 07, 2021, 06:42:59 PM
Unlikely.

Just wait until the NHS is sold to American medical insurance companies.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 07, 2021, 06:34:05 PM
If you get denied insurance because of it you will worry.
Unlikely. Anyway, GPs are supposed to inform DVLA if they reckon patients are not fit to drive. House insurance, health/travel insurance, life insurance forms should be filled in truthfully in any case.

Here's Full Fact appraisal of the scheme...
https://fullfact.org/health/nhs-data/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 07, 2021, 06:30:36 PM
I'm not nervous. Born London, current locality London, plus DOB and ethnicity is not  enough personal info to allow someone to target me with sales calls, or whatever...

If you get denied insurance because of it you will worry.

patman post

Quote from: Barry on June 06, 2021, 10:40:23 PM
Think about it.
Not to be identifiable?
Then you say "gender, medical record, DOB, place of birth, current locality, ethnicity."
That's us all identified with very little detective work. There will be plenty of useful idiots who will allow the NHS to do as they wish, so I have opted out. What anyone else does is up to them.
I'm not nervous. Born London, current locality London, plus DOB and ethnicity is not  enough personal info to allow someone to target me with sales calls, or whatever...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on June 06, 2021, 10:40:23 PM
Think about it.
Not to be identifiable?
Then you say "gender, medical record, DOB, place of birth, current locality, ethnicity."
That's us all identified with very little detective work. There will be plenty of useful idiots who will allow the NHS to do as they wish, so I have opted out. What anyone else does is up to them.

They have actually already shared a ton of it and you will probably find out at some point they shared it all anyway, but at least you can say it was against your will.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 06, 2021, 09:17:25 PM
Can't the NHS and your relatives harvest any of your usable organs from you after you die unless you say otherwise? The same with data mining — you can opt out...

I doubt that any of my organs will be of any use once I am dead. But the medics can serve my liver up on toast and boil the rest of me down for soap for all I care. Less to burn and so should reduce the cremation costs.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 06, 2021, 09:14:51 PM
For the vast majority of us sheepy our medical records consist of a few common pills we take  and more recently if we have had the corona vaccine . Information thats hardly top secret anyway .

That is me.

Old, overweight, diabetic, back buggered, two tin knees, can't walk much more than 50 yards without sitting down, piddles constantly, plans all trips based on the availability of loos or bushes.

I can't see how the above is of any value to anyone else but should the aforementioned anyone else care to shower me with cash, then I am your man. 
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 06, 2021, 08:52:36 PM
I dont see what the problem is in sharing data . Nothing personal is being divulged

Given the very untrustworthy company handling the data I just do not believe that.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on June 06, 2021, 06:27:04 PMno individual's data passed on was to be identifiable. The info passed over was to be gender, medical record, DOB, place of birth, current locality, ethnicity.
Think about it.
Not to be identifiable?
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 06, 2021, 09:14:51 PM
For the vast majority of us sheepy our medical records consist of a few common pills we take  and more recently if we have had the corona vaccine . Information thats hardly top secret anyway .
It's your privacy, do with it as you will. Well not exactly if you don't opt out, it will be shared anyway. It can be used in conjunction with very many other databases. Which you probably don't even know you are on.

patman post

Quote from: B-4 on June 06, 2021, 07:29:44 PM
So, by default the NHS will breach everyone's privacy.  Speechless.
Can't the NHS and your relatives harvest any of your usable organs from you after you die unless you say otherwise? The same with data mining — you can opt out...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on June 06, 2021, 09:05:21 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9646151/NHS-records-shared-secretive-tech-giant-campaigners-warn.html
Do as you think is best at least know what you are actually giving away. Just because you are told one thing by Government departments, it doesn't mean they are telling you the truth