Uighurs’ plight not suitable for debate — Cambridge don

Started by Borchester, June 06, 2021, 02:21:07 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on June 09, 2021, 06:28:58 AM
Couldn't they just have hung it elsewhere....

You would have thought so Ollie, but remember that Magdalen College was founded by Henry VI who had a long history of being off his rocker and thus difficult to take seriously.

Oxford University is just continuing the tradition.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on June 09, 2021, 06:28:58 AM
Couldn't they just have hung it elsewhere,a statue of my namesake was moved in my home city,the royal family going back to Victoria  didn't appreciate it. :)

Bunch of students most of whom will become smug bastards and vote Tory,from the link it apparently reminds of recently colonial history,Coventry reminds me of a time when it and other cities were razed to,the ground in parts and we are all supposed to feel ashamed about Dresden......sod off.
'It's about the message it sends, the picture is just the way of sending it.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on June 08, 2021, 10:49:48 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/queen-becomes-latest-victim-of-cancel-culture-as-portrait-is-removed-from-oxford-college/ar-AAKQ0OM?ocid=msedgntp
Couldn't they just have hung it elsewhere,a statue of my namesake was moved in my home city,the royal family going back to Victoria  didn't appreciate it. :)

Bunch of students most of whom will become smug bastards and vote Tory,from the link it apparently reminds of recently colonial history,Coventry reminds me of a time when it and other cities were razed to,the ground in parts and we are all supposed to feel ashamed about Dresden......sod off.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on June 06, 2021, 02:31:37 PM
ARe there a lot of Chinese students paying good money at Cambridge?
There most certainly are and having been on the receiving end of some of their nonsense in lockdown I can say you might be onto something.

Barry

ARe there a lot of Chinese students paying good money at Cambridge?
† The end is nigh †