Colin Pitchfork: Double schoolgirl murderer can be released

Started by papasmurf, June 07, 2021, 12:15:04 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 07, 2021, 08:43:35 PM
If he had been sentenced today he would probably been given a whole life sentence for his heinous crimes . I suppose the question is do we trust the parole board and maybe ask ourselves whether child killers should ever have to option to re-join society .

I thought those had been banned. There was an attempt to get one for the only bloke done for "child destruction" (the deliberate murder of a medically viable infant still in utero who would unarguably have lived if surgically removed at the polls by the mother was murdered) for quite a while. The campaigners were told this was no later never permitted and the guy had to be given the opportunity to be released to carry out his threat to kill the witnesses that put him away.

But this is what you get in a Labour Marxist Fiefdom

Unlike Cromwell I have few qualms at pulling levers..... I understand his stance but having your kid and grandkid considered acceptable collateral damage byba murdering rapist and arsonist does that to you and I won't apologise for it
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on June 08, 2021, 08:28:29 AM
plenty of  research has been done on the subject pappy.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/04/170405144216.htm

a quick google search can show you various researches into the subject.

Actually not much research has been done in Britain on the subject at all. Due to the massive cultural differences American research cannot be extrapolated to to Britain.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2021, 07:41:03 AM
It surprises me just how little research has been done on that subject.

plenty of  research has been done on the subject pappy.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/04/170405144216.htm

a quick google search can show you various researches into the subject.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 07, 2021, 10:47:59 PM
Maybe then it will be discovered why folk murder children

It surprises me just how little research has been done on that subject.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on June 07, 2021, 10:05:56 PM
Your argument is that we can't knock them off in case they are innocent. Fair enough, I might have misrepresented your lefty liberal position. You obviously reckon this one is guilty, so can we knock him off? :P

No you can't.

I like to think of myself as a fascist's fascist and it is clear that Pitchfork could be roasted alive a thousand times and it would not bring those little girls back or reduce their families grief by a scrap. Keep him in jail and studying him. Maybe then it will be discovered why folk murder children
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 07, 2021, 10:05:56 PM
Your argument is that we can't knock them off in case they are innocent. Fair enough, I might have misrepresented your lefty liberal position. You obviously reckon this one is guilty, so can we knock him off? :P
No,leave him in prison for life.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on June 07, 2021, 09:54:36 PM
Cobblers.......Cromwell has never said that,what Cromwell has actually said is no to capital punishment but yes to whole life terms for the most heinous of crimes which is what this is.
But if a mistake is made (which has happened you can release the person) but if you've killed them you cannot.
Please don't post things I've never said.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 07, 2021, 12:47:35 PM
No worries, Cromwell will say he has served his time, and he might have been innocent anyway.

Barry would say, society would be better off without the sadistic child killer.
Cobblers.......Cromwell has never said that,what Cromwell has actually said is no to capital punishment but yes to whole life terms for the most heinous of crimes which is what this is.
But if a mistake is made (which has happened you can release the person) but if you've killed them you cannot.
Please don't post things I've never said.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

If he had been sentenced today he would probably been given a whole life sentence for his heinous crimes . I suppose the question is do we trust the parole board and maybe ask ourselves whether child killers should ever have to option to re-join society .

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 07, 2021, 04:33:36 PM
I "had my doubts" about the parole system ever since I came home to find the house on the corner of the next street awash with forensic scientists.

I don't blame you for that John.

johnofgwent

I "had my doubts" about the parole system ever since I came home to find the house on the corner of the next street awash with forensic scientists.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

QuoteThe judge said the killings were "particularly sadistic" and he doubted Pitchfork would ever be released

No worries, Cromwell will say he has served his time, and he might have been innocent anyway.

Barry would say, society would be better off without the sadistic child killer.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I have my doubts about the parole system.
(Colin Pitchfork was the first person to be jailed in for murder the UK as a result of DNA testing.)

Breaking news:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-57384393

A double child killer who was the first murderer to be convicted using DNA evidence can be released, the Parole Board has confirmed.

Colin Pitchfork was jailed for life for raping and murdering 15-year-olds Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth in Leicestershire in the 1980s.

Pitchfork has spent 33 years in prison - he was last denied parole in 2018.

The Parole Board said it was satisfied Pitchfork was suitable for release, which is subject to conditions.