SKY NewsPriti Patel tells social networks to take action as videos of migrants crossing Channel go viral

Started by GBNews, June 07, 2021, 07:00:20 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: patman post on June 08, 2021, 04:53:04 PM
That doesn't tell us much — in our household, the only White face is the Missus, but the surrounding streets are predominately White. Mind you, that's of this morning — there could have been a huge White flight since then...
No. Just answered the door to Amazon. The previous residents are still in residence...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Fact is our border force have become a taxi service to the UK. We should chuck em back. Is there no uninhabited channel island hell hole we could dump them on. And then burn their boats.

Where are these glamourising videos btw ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 08, 2021, 04:53:04 PM
— there could have been a huge White flight since then...

There has been for several decades now, out of London.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2021, 04:39:34 PM
Well where I used to make deliveries in London in the 1970's the only white face was mine.
That doesn't tell us much — in our household, the only White face is the Missus, but the surrounding streets are predominately White. Mind you, that's of this morning — there could have been a huge White flight since then...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 08, 2021, 04:29:00 PM
The '70s was fifty years ago, and the memory can play tricks as people age.   

Well where I used to make deliveries in London in the 1970's the only white face was mine.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2021, 02:53:48 PM
Only a half?  When I used to go to London on a regular basis in the 1970s it appeared to be more like 90%.
The '70s was fifty years ago, and the memory can play tricks as people age.   
In the 2011 census, only Brent, Ealing, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets had White populations of less than 50% of their total. Overall, London was nearly 60% White — although only around 44% were White British.   
It'll be interesting to see the results of the 2021 census — it wouldn't surprise me greatly if it shows the overall population has dropped and the %age of White Londoners and White British has also fallen...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 08, 2021, 02:14:34 PM
Yes it is.

Half the population of London comes from somewhere else. I don't care. As often as not they are pushy bastards but interesting with it.

Only a half?  When I used to go to London on a regular basis in the 1970s it appeared to be more like 90%.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on June 08, 2021, 02:14:34 PM
Yes it is.

Half the population of London comes from somewhere else. I don't care. As often as not they are pushy bastards but interesting with it. 
No, it was, times have changed.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on June 08, 2021, 01:43:18 PM
Well the bad news for you borchester, failure isn't an option on the table.

Yes it is.

Algerie Francais !

patman post

If the US with all its firepower and personnel cannot stop illegal immigration, what realistic chance does the UK have?  The whole of Europe has to cooperate with each country playing its part. At the moment, most international conversations about immigration and refugees are confrontations and revolve around apportioning blame.  Shipping immigrants back across the Channel and Mediterranean, or across the nearest land border, without further planning, doesn't cure the problem. Cutting overseas aid won't help to keep people in their own lands, either. I can't see Priti Patel or any of the current administration have the skills and personality to get foreign governments involved. 
But we might yet be surprised — David Davis could resign and cause a by-election again...

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on June 08, 2021, 01:26:41 PM
At the risk of repeating myself, the only way to stop immigration is to make the host country worse than the one the immigrants came from and that would take some doing. You can put up walls and fences and have Priti Patel and Pappy rowing up and down the Channel machine gunning the new arrivals as best they can, but all that happens is you just thin out the less successful specimens.

So, it does not matter who is running the anti immigration department, they are going to fail.
Well the bad news for you borchester, failure isn't an option on the table.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on June 08, 2021, 10:12:20 AM
Actually, this problem has been highlighted by Papasmurf in the past and he has and had a point.
Now Priti Patel is in the hot seat, it's no good blaming social media. It is all on her and her department.
If she can't stop the flow, she should move over for someone else who can. If she can stop the flow, why is she still letting them all across and assisting their passage?
Just land them and immediately deport them to France, whence they came. And I mean the same day.

At the risk of repeating myself, the only way to stop immigration is to make the host country worse than the one the immigrants came from and that would take some doing. You can put up walls and fences and have Priti Patel and Pappy rowing up and down the Channel machine gunning the new arrivals as best they can, but all that happens is you just thin out the less successful specimens.

So, it does not matter who is running the anti immigration department, they are going to fail.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 08, 2021, 10:12:20 AM

Just land them and immediately deport them to France, whence they came.

But they didn't come from France. They only transited through it.