SKY NewsEngland must be 'really careful' about 21 June easing

Started by GBNews, June 11, 2021, 01:00:42 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Had a similar experience today in Hastings. We went to eat at a sea front restaurant and there was no track and trace nonsense.
Had our meal and left. In the town and on the beach, lots of people enjoying life and getting on with things. Noticeably much less social distancing than some might be comfortable with, virtually shoulder to shoulder.

Then we went to a small museum where they demanded our details just to have a look around. We politely declined and moved on to the ice cream parlour.

These authoritarians do seem to be winning though. Reports are that Boris is caving to the scientists and June 21st freedom day won't happen. If we want this to end, we will have to end it. The government are well aware that compliance is going down, as the government narrative over the variants and their dangers falls apart.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 11, 2021, 06:12:48 PM
In my world, most people could be said to be prepared to continue as we are for another two-to-four weeks to avoid the past rigours of a full lockdown, so they continue to do all they can by following the given guidance.   
I bet some in the hospitality and public-facing service sectors get frustrated by the odd few cantankerous contrarian refuseniks they have to deal with while they do their best to maintain their jobs in the face of the rising R number of over 1.
Their feelings may well be exacerbated if they have to take time and trouble to lay on special services to cater for disabled, only to have their efforts thrown back in their faces by those getting the extra care...

Ain't life a bitch.

And to make matters worse, I am the customer and without my money they are fucked. So Mr Cohen can demand my name, rank and date of circumcision and goose step down the High Street  in accordance with whatever Fatwa Boris cares to issue, but if he pisses me off he will start to wish he had followed his dad into lose adjusting.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

In my world, most people could be said to be prepared to continue as we are for another two-to-four weeks to avoid the past rigours of a full lockdown, so they continue to do all they can by following the given guidance.   
I bet some in the hospitality and public-facing service sectors get frustrated by the odd few cantankerous contrarian refuseniks they have to deal with while they do their best to maintain their jobs in the face of the rising R number of over 1.
Their feelings may well be exacerbated if they have to take time and trouble to lay on special services to cater for disabled, only to have their efforts thrown back in their faces by those getting the extra care...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: News on June 11, 2021, 01:00:42 PM
England must be 'really careful' about 21 June easing

England must be "really careful" as it considers whether to push ahead with the next stage of unlocking all remaining coronavirus restrictions on 21 June, a minister has said.

Source: England must be 'really careful' about 21 June easing

Not as careful as Boris.

It has been fun watching him give the Brothers and Sister a good kicking and I suspect they secretly enjoyed it as well. But the fun is wearing off this lockdown lark.

This morning I got on the mobility scooter and schlepped round to check on the state of the local coffee shops. And when I ordered the waitress asked for my name and telephone number.

Which has not happened in a very long time and would normally have tickled me pink. But I had the needle to start with and asked if we were living in Nazi Germany. Which pissed off the manager, who is Jewish (which is why I said it), and he replied that he was only obeying orders to which I replied that is what they said at Dachau.

And left.

Shame really. The coffee is nothing much but they make a chocolate mousse that is out of this world.

Be that as it may be, this lockdown is getting a bit past its sell by date.
Algerie Francais !

GBNews

England must be 'really careful' about 21 June easing

England must be "really careful" as it considers whether to push ahead with the next stage of unlocking all remaining coronavirus restrictions on 21 June, a minister has said.

Source: England must be 'really careful' about 21 June easing